Was at the game - total humiliation

Was at the game - total humiliation

Postby Bryan » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Great that we're in League Two next season. But what if Barnet had won today? We needed a result before the start of this game to be sure and what we witnessed was a mass capitulation. Seriously Roache was MOM for us. Double figures for them wouldn't have flatered the scoreline! In two decades that's the worst i've seen. Worse than Gravesend.

Fans were brilliant - with the sort of gallows humour you'd expect from us but the bottom line is that was a total joke. I took my little 'un today and i'm trying to explain what happened there and hoping he might want to go again. But jeez who wants to pay good money to watch that shambles?

Best squad Sammy's ever had? What a joke that turned out to be! Whoever inherits this mess will have his job cut out. No leadership, no quality (apart from Jevons goal) no gameplan, no spirit - apart from the fans who were magnificent and deserved a lot better. A manager who resigns early in the campaign surely isn't up for it anymore. We saw that today along with some of the tosspots he's signed.

V. angry. V. dissilusioned and it better be put right, Saturday!
Bryan

Re: Was at the game - total humiliation

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 pm

I think that the team got let off the hook at full time. When the whistle blew there was a mass evacuation due to the proposed pitch invasion. It was clear there wasn't going to be such a thing at the end but it gave the playets a chance to run off at lightning speed, just wish they had put so much effort in during the game! A couple of lads, one Jev, turned to applaud but for everyone to disappear after that performance on the last away game when it cost 19.50 to get in was abysmal IMO when there was clearly no trouble. The home fans even applauded us off the car park!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gedskishrimp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Totally agree with what you have said Mark, lets now look forward to Saturdays game knowing we are still league 2 next season, i feel very disappointed with the setup today and hopefully we can put it behind us, see you saturday at The Globe
Gedskishrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Gedskishrimp wrote:Totally agree with what you have said Mark, lets now look forward to Saturdays game knowing we are still league 2 next season, i feel very disappointed with the setup today and hopefully we can put it behind us, see you saturday at The Globe

I know many who hope if not expect a reaction on Saturday. To sign off on such a low ebb will be in our minds for months. We should certainly be thankful for our position and for results at such as Chesterfield.

Both the Shrimps and the Cobblers should be thankful there actually are worse teams in this League. Will be even more difficult next season imo

Cya. Saturday ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:29 pm

We're not the only ones though there has been loads of teams in the past who have taken a hammering and have come back. Not defending the performance but we just have to put it behind us and move on.
heysham_mfc

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:43 pm

I remember in 1999 we lost to LEEK TOWN 7-0 and 5-1 to Cheltenham in the same week.
halftimeresults

Postby Harry » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:34 pm

I only paid £8 to get in and had a grand old time, who cares about the on-field antics when we have as much fun as we did today?

I LIKE TO MOVE IT, MOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Harry

Postby Keith » Sun May 01, 2011 6:40 am

halftimeresults wrote:I remember in 1999 we lost to LEEK TOWN 7-0 and 5-1 to Cheltenham in the same week.

I remember in 2010 we lost to Dagenham & Redbridge 6-0 and then beat Dagenham & Redbridge 2-1 in the same week :roll:

Perhaps we've got a thing about having our worst performance of the season in our last away game of the season? After all, that's twice on the trot!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Caged Lion » Sun May 01, 2011 7:55 am

marky No.1 wrote:I think that the team got let off the hook at full time. When the whistle blew there was a mass evacuation due to the proposed pitch invasion. It was clear there wasn't going to be such a thing at the end but it gave the playets a chance to run off at lightning speed, just wish they had put so much effort in during the game! A couple of lads, one Jev, turned to applaud but for everyone to disappear after that performance on the last away game when it cost 19.50 to get in was abysmal IMO when there was clearly no trouble. The home fans even applauded us off the car park!

Lils stood for a while to applaud and it looked like Sammy was trying to drum up some players to do likewise. I guess the players felt too pathetic to face potential verbal abuse.

What a shame that the players couldn't match the spirit showed by our fans. Already been said, gallows humour at times, and the signature 'don't let the football spoil your day' could have been perfectly applied.
Caged Lion

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun May 01, 2011 8:08 am

halftimeresults wrote:I remember in 1999 we lost to LEEK TOWN 7-0 and 5-1 to Cheltenham in the same week.

Must have been leeking goals that day :roll:
Little Shrimp

Postby ockers » Sun May 01, 2011 8:51 am

leek was 25th august 1998 away hodgie
didnt make that
was still recovering from a hamburg weekend
missed the 3 2 win over barrow too
we were in a bar run by hristo stoichkovs mother....allegedly
ockers

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 01, 2011 10:00 am

Keith wrote:

I remember in 2010 we lost to Dagenham & Redbridge 6-0 and then beat Dagenham & Redbridge 2-1 in the same week :roll:

Perhaps we've got a thing about having our worst performance of the season in our last away game of the season? After all, that's twice on the trot!

Take a 2-1 win on Saturday right now Keith! :lol:
Wild Bill

Postby PeterA » Sun May 01, 2011 10:05 am

Seem to remember us losing badly at MK Dons 5 nil,what is it with us and end of season games?
PeterA

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:09 am

Well put Bryan, I agree with you 100%. Yesterday was a shocking performance but little could be done there and then by the fans other than to enjoy themselves. So there were two ways to deal with it; move it move it, or getting frustrated and start lambasting the players, management and even those around us. Thankfully the majority took the first option - here for the day out!!!

We're climbing up the sunshine mountain!!!!
Last edited by RedRedWine1 on Sun May 01, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Sun May 01, 2011 10:10 am

PeterA wrote:Seem to remember us losing badly at MK Dons 5 nil,what is it with us and end of season games?

We drew Mk Dons 1-1 on the last game of the season. I think you are referring to the Bournemouth game at home where we lost 5-0 on the last day 8-)
Sammy h

Postby outsider » Sun May 01, 2011 10:23 am

RedRedWine wrote:Well put Bryan, I agree with you 100%. Yesterday was a shocking performance but little could be done there and then by the fans other than to enjoy themselves. So there were two ways to deal with it; move it move it, or getting frustrated and start lambasting the players, management and even those around us. Thankfully the majority took the first option - here for the day out!!!

We're climbing up the sunshine mountain!!!!

You need to take more care of your money ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby PottedShrimp » Sun May 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Bryan wrote:Great that we're in League Two next season. But what if Barnet had won today? We needed a result before the start of this game to be sure and what we witnessed was a mass capitulation. Seriously Roache was MOM for us. Double figures for them wouldn't have flatered the scoreline! In two decades that's the worst i've seen. Worse than Gravesend.
V. angry. V. dissilusioned and it better be put right, Saturday!

agree 100% Living in the Pots means I won't be allowed to forget it either - brutal exposure that we haven't got a defence at all and we're toothless up front. Unless this is put right soon we we will have a woeful time next season
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Postby Keith » Sun May 01, 2011 1:26 pm

PottedShrimp wrote:brutal exposure that we haven't got a defence at all and we're toothless up front.

...but what do you think of the midfield?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Sun May 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Keith wrote:
PottedShrimp wrote:brutal exposure that we haven't got a defence at all and we're toothless up front.

Not seen it for most of the season, so hard to pass comment ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby jonnythedog » Sun May 01, 2011 6:35 pm

outsider wrote:
Keith wrote:

Not seen it for most of the season, so hard to pass comment ;)

It's the group of people that the ball flies over during games. You probably though they were just spectators... ;)
jonnythedog

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:51 pm

'98 it was Hodgy.

And both of those results above came only a week or so after an opening day drubbing at Kiddie if i remember rightly !!

A new formation employed by JH following the World Cup !!!

And a certain Mickey Waller at the heart of our "defence" ................ :roll:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby ockers » Mon May 02, 2011 7:57 am

strange season that one Martin
we win away 6 1 at Farnborough and lose away at Kettering 6 0 too
ockers

Postby USA Shrimp » Tue May 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Isn't that the inherent beauty of football? It can be completely different and thrilling and gut wrenching and frustrating and ecstatically beautiful from one game to the next - hell, from one half to the next.

If you don't want such then I suggest you become a Roger Federer fan.
USA Shrimp

Postby Posh » Tue May 03, 2011 5:44 pm

USA Shrimp wrote:Isn't that the inherent beauty of football? It can be completely different and thrilling and gut wrenching and frustrating and ecstatically beautiful from one game to the next - hell, from one half to the next.

If you don't want such then I suggest you become a Roger Federer fan.

It could be worse. You could fly thousands of miles, drive hundreds of miles to and from your holiday base after throwing up repeatedly, only get to the game at half time and then watch us get mercilessly thrashed.

Isn't that right USA Shrimp?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ockers » Tue May 03, 2011 6:37 pm

or travel 12000 miles to watch us lose 6 0 at gravesend
eh aspers?
ockers

Next

Return to General Discussion