Sammy PLEASE consider your future.

Re: Sammy PLEASE consider your future.

Postby ezz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Posh wrote:
Sammy h wrote:CC, you weren't even there, shut your mouth! Hippy!

Cut out the personal abuse. He's got as much right to post his opinion as you have to post yours. If you disagree make a constructive argument (it's actually very easy with CC). The consistent bullying is too much.

Does he? How can he have an opinion about a poor performance if he wasn't there?
how does he know its Sammy's fault or the players?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Sammy h » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Posh wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Ok, I apologise CC, you can't comment on it though, you weren't there and never are!

Did united sack fergie? Did accy sack Coleman? No, so get a grip and smell the bacon!

It's a pathetic argument. CC has his own reasons for not attending most but not all away games. Seeing 30 games doesn't disenfranchise from making comments. It only provides a stick for you to beat him with. CC hasn't commented on individual performances but only on the result. Many others have who weren't there yet you don't personally abuse them.

Ok Posh, I apologise you are correct. Sorry everyone for celebrating our success in being in the football league.
Sammy h

Postby marky » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Not so long ago you were calling for the manager's head simply for letting Stanley go out on loan. Grow a backbone and stick to a consistent argument.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:28 pm

marky wrote:Not so long ago you were calling for the manager's head simply for letting Stanley go out on loan. Grow a backbone and stick to a consistent argument.

has he got a backbone :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby stevanshrimp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:29 pm

ezz wrote:Does he? How can he have an opinion about a poor performance if he wasn't there?

We have the best squad ever! Do the Math! :mrgreen:
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Sammy offered his resignation earlier in the season. It's not his fault the board didn't accept it. :?
broadwayshrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:30 pm

stevanshrimp wrote:
ezz wrote:Does he? How can he have an opinion about a poor performance if he wasn't there?

:lol: its sammy's fault it rains! :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby stevanshrimp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:36 pm

ezz wrote:
stevanshrimp wrote:

:lol: its sammy's fault it rains! :lol:

I know. He get's his Raindance confused with his Wardance :P
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Posh wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Ok, I apologise CC, you can't comment on it though, you weren't there and never are!

Did united sack fergie? Did accy sack Coleman? No, so get a grip and smell the bacon!

It's a pathetic argument. CC has his own reasons for not attending most but not all away games. Seeing 30 games doesn't disenfranchise from making comments. It only provides a stick for you to beat him with. CC hasn't commented on individual performances but only on the result. Many others have who weren't there yet you don't personally abuse them.

Ok Posh, I apologise you are correct. Sorry everyone for celebrating our success in being in the football league.

You won't let it go will you. I'm not criticising you for celebrating. You are perfectly entitled to celebrate but not by throwing personal insults at others.

Personally I'm relieved more than anything that we're still a Football League club. However it's our Chairman's stated aim that he wants us to build a club that will get promoted to League 1. Surely if that's the club's next goal will he be looking at today's result, our squad and this season's progress and celebrating?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ezz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Yeah he probably will be Posh, but he'll also look at the fact that this is the first time we've done worse than the previous year in what 5 consecutive seasons? Does one bad season make a manager?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:48 pm

PLEASE,PLEASE everybody calm down.

There's no need for all this.

We ALL want what is best for our club. Some believe that a change is required. Some believe that our present management structure is worth keeping.

Which ever camp you are in, let's agree that all that matters is that our club remains a league club long into the future.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:59 pm

ezz wrote:Yeah he probably will be Posh, but he'll also look at the fact that this is the first time we've done worse than the previous year in what 5 consecutive seasons? Does one bad season make a manager?

It is a perfectly valid argument to make and you can add into that playoffs, Wembley, beating Wolves, Preston and Coventry. And I'm sure that's playing a big part in a lot of people's thoughts right now.

However you've got to weigh into all this the budget he's had and the sheer size of the squad. Bury's is about the same and their automatically promoted and Accy's is considerably less and their in the playoffs. The players Sammy has been able to call on who are central to yhe club and are no longer playing - Bents, Stanners, Wayne Curtis, Arts - who we've really not replaced. The view will be whether he's capable of building a side capable of improving on this season and achieving the aims of the club's owner or not. My view is he's not but I can perfectly understand it if others think he can.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Christies Child wrote:PLEASE,PLEASE everybody calm down.

There's no need for all this.

We ALL want what is best for our club. Some believe that a change is required. Some believe that our present management structure is worth keeping.

Which ever camp you are in, let's agree that all that matters is that our club remains a league club long into the future.

Here here

Brilliance once more Neil you're getting good at this :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby ezz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Posh wrote:
ezz wrote:Yeah he probably will be Posh, but he'll also look at the fact that this is the first time we've done worse than the previous year in what 5 consecutive seasons? Does one bad season make a manager?

It is a perfectly valid argument to make and you can add into that playoffs, Wembley, beating Wolves, Preston and Coventry. And I'm sure that's playing a big part in a lot of people's thoughts right now.

However you've got to weigh into all this the budget he's had and the sheer size of the squad. Bury's is about the same and their automatically promoted and Accy's is considerably less and their in the playoffs. The players Sammy has been able to call on who are central to yhe club and are no longer playing - Bents, Stanners, Wayne Curtis, Arts - who we've really not replaced. The view will be whether he's capable of building a side capable of improving on this season and achieving the aims of the club's owner or not. My view is he's not but I can perfectly understand it if others think he can.

I think Bent's has been phased out at the right time, I still rate him but can only play so mucy surely. Curtis wasn't really a starting 11 regular but good squad player, Arts is the biggest loss this season clearly and the loss of Stanners hasn't changed our predicament at all.
This season Sammy clearly went for it in the market at the start after finishing in the play-offs and it clearly went wrong, but how many clubs do you see who lose in the play-offs follow it up with a stinking season, were suffering from it too as were no different.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:17 pm

My hunch is that this season will be regarded as a blip by the board, and that Sammy may get the benefit of the doubt and still be our manager come the start of next season.
A win against Northampton may put the board in the right frame of mind to secure his position for next season.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:22 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:My hunch is that this season will be regarded as a blip by the board, and that Sammy may get the benefit of the doubt and still be our manager come the start of next season.
A win against Northampton may put the board in the right frame of mind to secure his position for next season.

I sincerely hope sm isnt here next season imho,results count and sammy hasnt done that ........
shrimpnsave

Postby steve mfc » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:26 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:My hunch is that this season will be regarded as a blip by the board, and that Sammy may get the benefit of the doubt and still be our manager come the start of next season.

I sincerely hope sm isnt here next season imho,results count and sammy hasnt done that ........

Not this season maybe, but his overall record is good surely that has to be taken into consideration.
steve mfc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:28 pm

His lack of a proper pre-season due to the unfinished G.A will also be in his favour although I very much doubt it would have made much difference truth be known.
HALMA 1983

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:31 pm

ezz wrote:I think Bent's has been phased out at the right time, I still rate him but can only play so mucy surely. Curtis wasn't really a starting 11 regular but good squad player, Arts is the biggest loss this season clearly and the loss of Stanners hasn't changed our predicament at all.

This season Sammy clearly went for it in the market at the start after finishing in the play-offs and it clearly went wrong, but how many clubs do you see who lose in the play-offs follow it up with a stinking season, were suffering from it too as were no different.

The point was Sammy relied on a group of players (many from the Harvey era) who've moved on but not adequately replaced. That's Sammy's responsibilty. Sure they've been great buys but beyond Barry Roache and Andy Parrish they've all left at the first opportunity. Each summer has had more than their share of expensive failures - McCann, Grand, McStay, Moss etc. etc. and a big batch now from last summer. I've seen no evidence that this will improve.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Dragofly » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Fantastic, in my experience knee jerk reactions to adversity are almost always the best response. This is almost certainly the best time for vendetta’s, recrimination, scapegoating and general witch huntery. I feel sure all our troubles this year must be the fault of one person, and not the culmination of a series of events, new ground, and a competitive League. We have once again failed to qualify for Europe or even the FA Trophy, our away form is comparable to last seasons dismal shambles, and we have recorded the lowest league finish in our history (or at least since 1923)!
Dragofly

Postby ezz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:45 pm

Posh wrote:
ezz wrote:I think Bent's has been phased out at the right time, I still rate him but can only play so mucy surely. Curtis wasn't really a starting 11 regular but good squad player, Arts is the biggest loss this season clearly and the loss of Stanners hasn't changed our predicament at all.

The point was Sammy relied on a group of players (many from the Harvey era) who've moved on but not adequately replaced. That's Sammy's responsibilty. Sure they've been great buys but beyond Barry Roache and Andy Parrish they've all left at the first opportunity. Each summer has had more than their share of expensive failures - McCann, Grand, McStay, Moss etc. etc. and a big batch now from last summer. I've seen no evidence that this will improve.

He's also brought in players who've sold for a pretty decent profit margin too. Last season there wern't that many players in the squad from harvey's era, this season those players left wern't really that integral either. Every manager has transfer failures at any level, my only question of Sammy is that if he's lost the passion for the job then its his time to go, if he wants to stay and push this club even further and he's 100% committed then nobody else is in the running.
4 good seasons, 1 bad was going to happen eventually
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:48 pm

ezz wrote:
Posh wrote:

He's also brought in players who've sold for a pretty decent profit margin too. Last season there wern't that many players in the squad from harvey's era, this season those players left wern't really that integral either. Every manager has transfer failures at any level, my only question of Sammy is that if he's lost the passion for the job then its his time to go, if he wants to stay and push this club even further and he's 100% committed then nobody else is in the running.
4 good seasons, 1 bad was going to happen eventually

He's also brought in players who've sold for a pretty decent profit margin too

really has he??name them????
shrimpnsave

Postby -Hatrick- » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:08 pm

One never needs their humor as much a when they argue with a fool.
-Hatrick-

Postby ezz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:11 pm

The point was Sammy relied on a group of players (many from the Harvey era) who've moved on but not adequately replaced. That's Sammy's responsibilty. Sure they've been great buys but beyond Barry Roache and Andy Parrish they've all left at the first opportunity. Each summer has had more than their share of expensive failures - McCann, Grand, McStay, Moss etc. etc. and a big batch now from last summer. I've seen no evidence that this will improve.[/quote]

4 good seasons, 1 bad was going to happen eventually[/quote]

He's also brought in players who've sold for a pretty decent profit margin too

really has he??name them????[/quote]

Two that come straight to mind include duffy and baker....
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ezz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:19 pm

For every free or loan signing he's made thats failed he's made equally successful ones too. Roche, Lewis, Loach, Parrish, Artell, Adams, brought drummy back, carlton, baker, duffy, mcready, hurst, jevons (last seson) Mullin, Fleming, many more that have done well.
This season has been a disaster ever since the globe was un-veiled, no pre-season new stadium and the new signings that had us all excited haven't cut it, well most of them.
Whether its Sammy calling for more investment in players or another manager...it no longer matters, its going to take investment in players to be able to get back in the top half of the league again
Get over it ;)
ezz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion