Whats happened to morecambe fans

Re: Whats happened to morecambe fans

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:39 am

I think age does have a factor; old people are out of touch a point that is brilliantly demonstrated in this thread and many more.
RedRedWine1

Postby morecambegeek » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:07 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:He's forgotten more than you'll ever know in your lifetime :roll: That's if you're old enough to remember anything at all?

Zzzzzzzzzz. You're so much better because your old. I can't wait till im 100 and I can tell everyone how brilliant I am. Age does not make your opinion more/less valid. :roll:

Life experience and knowledge is everything and can only be gained through growing old, Yours wouldn't fit on the back of a postage stamp and as for opinions you haven't earned the right as of yet!

Thankfully, not all old people are as patronising or condescensing as you.
morecambegeek

Postby shrimper » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:53 pm

I remember when the Globe Arena was all fields.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:56 pm

morecambegeek wrote:Thankfully, not all old people are as patronising or condescensing as you.

I myself am only in my forties so not yet on my zimmer-frame but I still know how to respect my elders, something seriously lost on the youth of today who think they know better with their petty backbiting

And one more thing had it not been for the sacrifices of the 'OLD' all you cocky young guns arses wouldn't even be on this planet!

Oh and one for someone 'OLDER' than I : I remember a time when Morecambe wasn't filled with so many idiots and was actually better place than it is today and it's less than 30 years ago ;)
The question is What will it be like in another 10 with fools like this around? Now there's the worry!
HALMA 1983

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:03 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I think age does have a factor; old people are out of touch a point that is brilliantly demonstrated in this thread and many more.

The Ancient sages say 'Do not despise the snake for who is to say he will not sprout wings and turn into a dragon, So may one 'just' man become an army :D
HALMA 1983

Postby Sammy h » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:08 pm

So basically you are tarring every youngster in Morecambe with the same brush?

Very mature.
Sammy h

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Sammy h wrote:So basically you are tarring every youngster in Morecambe with the same brush?

Very mature.

Morecambe? Don't make me laugh! I was thinking more the world :?
HALMA 1983

Postby shrimpinho » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:41 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Sammy h wrote:So basically you are tarring every youngster in Morecambe with the same brush?

Very mature.

Morecambe? Don't make me laugh! I was thinking more the world :?

:roll: wow...
shrimpinho

Postby MfcChris » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:31 pm

So come on then Oldhamade, what has happened to the Morecambe fans? Tell us.

And I mean the older ones who continually spout rubbish all game individually at players? Surely they have seen some dark and poor times being a Morecambe fan for 4 or 5 decades (if the memories book is anything to go by), so why can't they enjoy these blessed times? We are football league, say we are football league.

The U25's, apart from the odd one now and again, hardly ever moan and shout abuse during the game. They just enjoy the day and don't let it spoil the day. I know my experience would certainly be improved if the moaners just shut up for the 90mins. They can moan at the pub.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:42 pm

children, children, children. If you can't play nicely, you can go and sit on the naughty step...

...next to Oldhamade
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby jonnythedog » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:25 pm

I thought the booing of the substitution (Danny Carlton off for Chris Shuker) on Monday was a strange one really. There are too many conclusions that the players and management could have jumped to for it to be an effective protest. Danny Carlton had shown plenty of application but his first touch had let him down on a few occasions and he never really looked like scoring, so were you booing him? Chris Shuker hasn't had the best season all in all, maybe you were booing him? Maybe you were wanted Phil Jevons to be substituted (Personally, I though he played better then Danny Carlton on Monday, he worked the channels really well.), so maybe you wanted him to be substituted? Maybe you were protesting at the fact that it looked like we were switching from a 442 to a 451 when we were 1-1 at home against a team that were very average, so were you booing that? I actually thought it was because you Tony Capaldi to come on. My point is, that it didn't get your point across and it erodes to confidence of everyone involved regardless of whether they were the target.
jonnythedog

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:17 am

When asked after the game Danny said he knew he wasn't being boo'd.
morecambe mick

Postby Bare Ben » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:04 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:Thankfully, not all old people are as patronising or condescensing as you.

I myself am only in my forties so not yet on my zimmer-frame but I still know how to respect my elders, something seriously lost on the youth of today who think they know better with their petty backbiting

And one more thing had it not been for the sacrifices of the 'OLD' all you cocky young guns arses wouldn't even be on this planet!

Oh and one for someone 'OLDER' than I : I remember a time when Morecambe wasn't filled with so many idiots and was actually better place than it is today and it's less than 30 years ago ;)
The question is What will it be like in another 10 with fools like this around? Now there's the worry!

You're in your forties yet you think like that? You're an embarrassment to your own generation. Anybody gonna step in and back this guy up? I'm sat here in disbelief.
Bare Ben

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:15 am

Bare Ben wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:

Oh and one for someone 'OLDER' than I : I remember a time when Morecambe wasn't filled with so many idiots and was actually better place than it is today and it's less than 30 years ago ;)The question is What will it be like in another 10 with fools like this around? Now there's the worry!

You're in your forties yet you think like that? You're an embarrassment to your own generation. Anybody gonna step in and back this guy up? I'm sat here in disbelief.

How very true.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:28 am

jonnythedog wrote:I thought the booing of the substitution (Danny Carlton off for Chris Shuker) on Monday was a strange one really. There are too many conclusions that the players and management could have jumped to for it to be an effective protest. Danny Carlton had shown plenty of application but his first touch had let him down on a few occasions and he never really looked like scoring, so were you booing him? Chris Shuker hasn't had the best season all in all, maybe you were booing him? Maybe you were wanted Phil Jevons to be substituted (Personally, I though he played better then Danny Carlton on Monday, he worked the channels really well.), so maybe you wanted him to be substituted? Maybe you were protesting at the fact that it looked like we were switching from a 442 to a 451 when we were 1-1 at home against a team that were very average, so were you booing that? I actually thought it was because you Tony Capaldi to come on. My point is, that it didn't get your point across and it erodes to confidence of everyone involved regardless of whether they were the target.

Basically what I said. Booing serves no purpose* as it can be easily misunderstood, random and just negative.

* one exception I can think of is Crewe fans booing their subs at 1-0 down and they went on to beat us 2-1.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Bare Ben » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:00 pm

Christies Child wrote:
How very true.

There you go Oldhamade, CC agrees with you, now you must know you're talking b***ocks. :roll:
Bare Ben

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
How very true.

There you go Oldhamade, CC agrees with you, now you must know you're talking b***ocks. :roll:

For a 5 year old, you seem to do your own fair share of talking b***ocks!

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:52 pm

CC come stand with us in the MBW and talk football with us, we'll see who talks more bollocks.....us or the 40 year old mid life crisis men who moan at everythign stood infront of us!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ezz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Going back to the OP, now the moaning can be warranted for todays result! :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:08 pm

MfcChris wrote:These 'fans' are at every game, and I seem to always be next to one. They are usually 'old' too. And they moan and criticise everything, however small. I've learnt some people are just like that in life.

15 years you legend Sammy :oops:

Agree. Don't you just hate moaners! Whinging two-faced 'old' hypocrites.

MfcChris wrote:It is what happens when we play 5 defenders. We are not good enough to play 5 defenders and defend. Although we are happy to play for a draw at home against a side worse than us :roll: Sammy clueless.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby MfcChris » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:10 pm

What is your point?

I have disliked Sammy since November. I have never shouted negative during a match though, which is the issues we have at the GA...
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:46 pm

MfcChris wrote:What is your point?

I have disliked Sammy since November. I have never shouted negative during a match though, which is the issues we have at the GA...

So your comments on Shrimpsvoices have no impact on the manager plus a majority of the players and board who regularly read the forum. The odd largely inaudible moan at a match or the drip drip of criticism on SV. What's worse?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby MfcChris » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:01 pm

You can choose to ignore things on here and overlook things.

When you are stood watching the team you love for 2 hours, and have prats next to you with constant moaning, insults, swearing all directed at players. What can I do so it stops affecting my enjoyment? And don't say move.
MfcChris

Previous

Return to General Discussion