Morecambe vs Northampton, a week on Saturday

Morecambe vs Northampton, a week on Saturday

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:20 pm

This might not be a particularly big game for you, but depending on results this Saturday, we may still go into this one with our 100 year+ stint in the Football League hanging in the balance. We've only been given 1,800 tickets for this one and I fear that may not be enough if we need a result to survive. There is the potential for a good few hundred Cobblers fans in the home end here- I hope you're not the sorts to stir up trouble. ;)

Never been to the Globe Arena before, obviously, so have you got any tips about places to eat/drink before the game? The latter is particularly important because if we go into this one needing a result there's no way I'm gonna be able to watch it sober. :D

Good luck against Vale on Saturday, hopefully you'll win, mathematically ensure you stay up, and your players will already be on the beach by the following weekend. 8-)
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Re: Morecambe vs Northampton, a week on Saturday

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:30 pm

Up_The_Cobblers wrote:There is the potential for a good few hundred Cobblers fans in the home end here- I hope you're not the sorts to stir up trouble. ;)

Only trouble at The Globe seems to be between Sammy Mac and some people in Cell Block C
Caged Lion

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:49 am

Up_The_Cobblers wrote:...and your players will already be on the beach by the following weekend. 8-)

after the season we've had, some might say... :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:12 am

Up_The_Cobblers wrote:This might not be a particularly big game for you, but depending on results this Saturday, we may still go into this one with our 100 year+ stint in the Football League hanging in the balance. We've only been given 1,800 tickets for this one and I fear that may not be enough if we need a result to survive. There is the potential for a good few hundred Cobblers fans in the home end here- I hope you're not the sorts to stir up trouble. ;)

Never been to the Globe Arena before, obviously, so have you got any tips about places to eat/drink before the game? The latter is particularly important because if we go into this one needing a result there's no way I'm gonna be able to watch it sober. :D

Good luck against Vale on Saturday, hopefully you'll win, mathematically ensure you stay up, and your players will already be on the beach by the following weekend. 8-)

The York Hotel is still a good pub and even though we've moved grounds is not that far a walk on the footpath/cycletrack.
Failing that there is the usual Wetherspoons in town, Kings Arms on the front offers really good food + large screen telly with football on. I believe he's recently put some real ale in too!
Opposite the Globe is the Regency caravan park who allows parking and football fans to use the bar (manager seems ok for a Bradfud fan!).
Hope this helps.
morecambe mick

Postby mfcbro » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:35 am

Atkinsons chippie on albert road in morecambe for a good lunch.10 mins walk from ground.Sit in or take out.Same as used to be next to Christie park.
mfcbro

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:13 am

Do you really think you would sell-out 1800 tickets? I am sure your allocation would be plenty.

If it is likely that you would sell more than the normal allocation, then I am sure the club could arrange a few more tickets. An extra block of seats in the main stand would give you another 450 spaces. Can't see there being any more than 2,000 home fans there, after the lame home performances we have put in this season!
Wild Bill

Postby Bare Ben » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:17 am

morecambe mick wrote:(manager seems ok for a Bradfud fan!)

No he doesn't! :?
Bare Ben

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Do you really think you would sell-out 1800 tickets? I am sure your allocation would be plenty.

If it is likely that you would sell more than the normal allocation, then I am sure the club could arrange a few more tickets. An extra block of seats in the main stand would give you another 450 spaces. Can't see there being any more than 2,000 home fans there, after the lame home performances we have put in this season!

If our Football League status is still on the line then we'll comfortably sell out 1,800, yeah. I reckon we'd shift 2,500-3,000 for you if they were available. That's about the figure we took to Shrewsbury in '93 when we were last in this position.

The 1,800 tickets were sent down to Sixfields earlier in the week and went on sale today- according to some on our forum who went to get theirs this morning, the queue was out the door of the ticket office and snaking round the main stand. I'm hoping there's still some left after the game tomorrow because I can't get down there until then. :|
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Postby PottedShrimp » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:02 pm

If you've got a car and the tide is right I'd recommend the Golden Ball down by the Lune
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

be great to see the away end full but

Postby Arnside Red » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:36 pm

cant imagine 3k when their home gate is only just over 4k
Arnside Red

Postby Posh » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:09 pm

Up_The_Cobblers wrote:...and your players will already be on the beach by the following weekend. 8-)

Las Vegas without a job in one case
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:22 pm

Hopefully Capaldi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:57 am

Up_The_Cobblers wrote:This might not be a particularly big game for you, but depending on results this Saturday, we may still go into this one with our 100 year+ stint in the Football League hanging in the balance. We've only been given 1,800 tickets for this one and I fear that may not be enough if we need a result to survive. There is the potential for a good few hundred Cobblers fans in the home end here- I hope you're not the sorts to stir up trouble. ;)

They've mentally been on the beach since about November, I wouldn't worry about us too much. Some of us aren't certain that we won't go into that game not needing a point..........
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:28 pm

Up_The_Cobblers wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Do you really think you would sell-out 1800 tickets? I am sure your allocation would be plenty.

If our Football League status is still on the line then we'll comfortably sell out 1,800, yeah. I reckon we'd shift 2,500-3,000 for you if they were available. That's about the figure we took to Shrewsbury in '93 when we were last in this position.

The 1,800 tickets were sent down to Sixfields earlier in the week and went on sale today- according to some on our forum who went to get theirs this morning, the queue was out the door of the ticket office and snaking round the main stand. I'm hoping there's still some left after the game tomorrow because I can't get down there until then. :|

Its a lot further to Morecambe than Shrewsbury for you guys. Still, I hope the Club does arrange some extra tickets for you if you can sell them. If not I suggest any stowaways go on the North Terrace as that stand is in two sections, so fans can keep relatively segregated.

Should be a good day and I hope the home fans turn out and make some noise like we did when Bradford and Burnley bought a decent following.
Wild Bill

Postby MfcChris » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:54 pm

So a Northampton side who have not won in 18 games and have always been around us are going to finish above us (maybe :p)? What does that say about our season! I didn't think our bad runs were that bad :D
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Re: be great to see the away end full but

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Arnside Red wrote:cant imagine 3k when their home gate is only just over 4k

You'd be surprised how many crawl out of the woodwork for a big game. We took 5,000 to Liverpool on a Wednesday night for that cup game earlier this season.

Anyhow, we've secured our survival today with a first win in 19. It'll definitely be nice to be able to enjoy the day without having to worry about the BSP, but our support won't be anywhere near as big/noisy as it would have been now. I'd imagine a lot of people were waiting to see the outcome of today's game before getting a ticket for next Saturday. We've sold 600 tickets as of yet, but the away attendance will probably be around the 1,000 mark now.

Should still be a good day out though. Thanks for the pub/chippy recommendations, see you all next weekend. ;)
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Looking forward to it.

Well done on your result today.

Safe trip up north.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:12 pm

We took 11,000 to Wembley but our average gate is 2,000.
Little Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:We took 11,000 to Wembley but our average gate is 2,000.

Yeah, and where exactly have they all been since ???!!!!!! :evil:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 pm

If we're willy-waving here, we took 41,000 to Wembley for a League One play-off final in 1997/98. ;)

Seasider, I think just about any club who has ever been to Wembley finds themselves asking that question, fella. Daytrippers and fairweather fans will always turn out in force for those sorts of games. It's just the way football is, unfortunately.
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Postby BCFC Morecambe » Sun May 01, 2011 9:42 am

Bare Ben wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:(manager seems ok for a Bradfud fan!)

No he doesn't! :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cobbler - Regent Leisure Park is the closest watering hole to the ground, food available, big screen tv, childrens play area, and of course parking.

Look forward to seeing plenty of you :)
BCFC Morecambe

Postby Keith » Sun May 01, 2011 9:48 am

BCFC Morecambe wrote:Look forward to seeing plenty of you :)

At least Mick Dennison contributed to and supports Morecambe FC when touting for trade! :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun May 01, 2011 11:22 am

It was closer to 13,000.
heysham_mfc

Postby MfcChris » Sun May 01, 2011 12:23 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:

It was closer to 13,000.

Not really. It was us 10-11,000. Exeter 29-30,000. They took 3 times us.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 pm

heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion