Whats happened to morecambe fans

Re: Whats happened to morecambe fans

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Harry wrote:The chairman has said on numerous occasions that he wants us to progress and become a League 1 club.

Even if we were happy to stay in this league forever, you contradict yourself as that doesn't show ambition.

The chairman has said on numerous occasions that he wants us to progress and become a League 1 club. I belive he did say that :roll:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Posh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:11 pm

Sammy h wrote:So does that mean that you agree with booing Sammy and booing the substitutions? The above to me looks like you agree with the 'booing' not just the substitutions.

I disagreed with the substitutions and I disagreed with the booing. I didn't disagree with their vocal comments about the substitutions.

Sammy h wrote:What makes it hilarious that we were trying to support OUR football club and not criticise them at every single opportunity? I certainly didn't find it hilarious.

Let's clarify. They weren't getting 'criticising them at every opportunity' they criticised them once when they disagreed with a substitution. I though it was funny that the only time our singers got behind their team was to sing over other supporters.

As for "so called supporters"

One of them has been supporting Morecambe home and away for more than a decade. He supports the club in good times and bad, gets behind his team and this is only the second time i've heard him vocally negative at a game. Of course Sam you don't know him but you do feel that you know him well enough to slag him off personally. I don't see how your in a position to judge.

Sammy h wrote:P.S. Were you singing Michael or booing?

I was singing.

I never boo (especially to geese).
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ezz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:07 am

What was wrong with the subs made?
Were you aware that there may have been reasons for those subs at the time?
Drowning out morons hurling abuse is better than listening to it.
The abuse they were shouting at Sammy was un-neccessary, they literally blamed him for drummonds pass......maybe its sammy's fault when it rains and how the ref performs!

Spencer came on, how is that not an attacking substitution? Carlton was starting to fade, then he brought Jevons off, which at the moment even if he was in premiership form would still make most at the globe happy......who was the other sub scott brown? Pretty much had a mare 100% first half!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:14 am

ezz wrote:What was wrong with the subs made?
Were you aware that there may have been reasons for those subs at the time?
Drowning out morons hurling abuse is better than listening to it.
The abuse they were shouting at Sammy was un-neccessary, they literally blamed him for drummonds pass......maybe its sammy's fault when it rains and how the ref performs!

Spencer came on, how is that not an attacking substitution? Carlton was starting to fade, then he brought Jevons off, which at the moment even if he was in premiership form would still make most at the globe happy......who was the other sub scott brown? Pretty much had a mare 100% first half!

.......been playing in the cutlery drawer once again....??? ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:34 am

Just saying it how it is, he's done nothing wrong compared to the likes of capaldi.
He's had a crap season but i've seen nothing to suggest he hasn't been trying, but he still gets abuse in the form of 'just turning up to pick up his pay checks' which is un-justified.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby shrimpinho » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:58 pm

ezz wrote:Just saying it how it is, he's done nothing wrong compared to the likes of capaldi.
He's had a crap season but i've seen nothing to suggest he hasn't been trying, but he still gets abuse in the form of 'just turning up to pick up his pay checks' which is un-justified.

totally agree! with Jevons it is a difficult one because he is not the type of player that puts himself about all the time and appears to give 100% and I am not in a position to judge his seasonal performance because I have not been to one home game since christmas but from what I saw at Crewe he played okay and put a shift in.

but back to the point, it appears to me that he (like many others) have had a poor season and because he has not done (score goals) what the club employs him for, therefore frustration has built up and blame has been dealt. I'd like to think this is because he isn't "crap" or "useless" but because people know he is capable of producing goals (and I don't care if they were penalties, you still have to put them in the back of the net).

we all know we need strength and pace upfront but I'm not quite on the bandwagon yet of to get rid of players such as Jevons because I'm sure that a confident, on form Jevons will produce 20+ season down at this level.
shrimpinho

Postby Christies Child » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 pm

PJ needs a big man alongside him. However a lot of last seasons goals came via the penalty spot. This season due to a persistant injury he's not ben able to give 100%.

Still worth his place in the squad PROVIDING we can bring in a big man to play alongside him.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:57 pm

He played well and looked a problem upfront with carlton, but at times I felt like it was just them that looked like a threat. We had no threat from wide positions or storming through the center it was just those two running round like two dogs hassling defenders.

Hurst is good but better in the middle, especially if we buy a decent wideman for next season it could be a very effective partnership.
Whilst they looked good together, our midfield has a lot of catching up to do in terms of quality.
No point in having goal scorers if we cant give them chances other than ones they create themselves.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:32 pm

ezz wrote:He played well and looked a problem upfront with carlton, but at times I felt like it was just them that looked like a threat. We had no threat from wide positions or storming through the center it was just those two running round like two dogs hassling defenders.

Hurst is good but better in the middle, especially if we buy a decent wideman for next season it could be a very effective partnership.
Whilst they looked good together, our midfield has a lot of catching up to do in terms of quality.
No point in having goal scorers if we cant give them chances other than ones they create themselves.

Exactly what Hamza Bencherif did for Macc against us. Besides knocking our lightweight midfielders off the ball!
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:39 pm

Posh wrote:Let's clarify. They weren't getting 'criticising them at every opportunity' they criticised them once when they disagreed with a substitution. I though it was funny that the only time our singers got behind their team was to sing over other supporters.

As for "so called supporters"

One of them has been supporting Morecambe home and away for more than a decade. He supports the club in good times and bad, gets behind his team and this is only the second time i've heard him vocally negative at a game. Of course Sam you don't know him but you do feel that you know him well enough to slag him off personally. I don't see how your in a position to judge.

Thanks for the reply Michael, I waited to reply as your initial reply was a bit of a quote fail.

I am not sure which fan you are talking about here, there were a group of around 8 men where the abuse was coming from, so how you can say I was slagging off ONE individual is beyond me? Especially when you DO NOT KNOW which individual I was talking about.

I don't care how long he has been supporting Morecambe, that sort of abuse shouldn't be heard on the terraces end of.

When it was heard, we sang and they shut up, much to the amusement of pretty much everyone around me.

Just for the record I have been supporting Morecambe since I was about 4, so that would make it around 15 years. Obviously as he has been a fan longer his opinion counts more and we should all boo and hiss like he did.
Sammy h

Postby MfcChris » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:43 pm

These 'fans' are at every game, and I seem to always be next to one. They are usually 'old' too. And they moan and criticise everything, however small. I've learnt some people are just like that in life.

There is 2 on the back bar that I assume are father & son (see the father at most if not all away games), and they continually moan and moan, usually about Baz and his kicking or the fact we don't have the ball. We cannot have the ball 100% of the time. Tis a disgrace.

All week I look forward to watching Morecambe, only it to be spoilt by horrible people I end up standing next to who should shut up if they don't like stuff. Worst part of the game, but I guess it is just part of football. :cry:

15 years you legend Sammy :oops:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby AlphaShrimp » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Makes me wonder what the globe would be like if the moaners and singers put their voices together!
AlphaShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:35 pm

MfcChris wrote:15 years you legend Sammy :oops:

Good to see you and Sammy having a love in at the Corner Bar in Crewe last week :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:36 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

Good to see you and Sammy having a love in at the Corner Bar in Crewe last week :o

:lol: :lol: Thanks mate.

Marky - We have formed an alliance :twisted:
Sammy h

Postby MfcChris » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:28 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

And good to see you totally ignore me when I smiled and said Hi as I walked past you once. Total lack of respect. :o :twisted:

Sammy h wrote::lol: :lol: Thanks mate.

Our common goal in this alliance could be against CC who knows nothing about football whatsoever but thinks he does. Or should we start a topic on this 3 times :roll:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:55 pm

MfcChris wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

And good to see you totally ignore me when I smiled and said Hi as I walked past you once. Total lack of respect. :o :twisted:

Sammy h wrote::lol: :lol: Thanks mate.

Our common goal in this alliance could be against CC who knows nothing about football whatsoever but thinks he does. Or should we start a topic on this 3 times :roll:

He's forgotten more than you'll ever know in your lifetime :roll: That's if you're old enough to remember anything at all?
HALMA 1983

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:07 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:He's forgotten more than you'll ever know in your lifetime :roll: That's if you're old enough to remember anything at all?

Zzzzzzzzzz. You're so much better because your old. I can't wait till im 100 and I can tell everyone how brilliant I am. Age does not make your opinion more/less valid. :roll:
Bare Ben

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:He's forgotten more than you'll ever know in your lifetime :roll: That's if you're old enough to remember anything at all?

Zzzzzzzzzz. You're so much better because your old. I can't wait till im 100 and I can tell everyone how brilliant I am. Age does not make your opinion more/less valid. :roll:

That'll be another 95 years then....... ;)
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

That'll be another 95 years then....... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:10 pm

It's really great being old BB. Can't say that I empathise with my moaning 'old' contemporaries at the back of the MBW stand or in Cell Block C but you are correct...I am brilliant :D
Caged Lion

Postby Sammy h » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:54 pm

CC absolutely tearing Bare Ben, decent banter for an oldie! :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Moderators: Comment removed
Bare Ben

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:13 am

And good to see you totally ignore me when I smiled and said Hi as I walked past you once. Total lack of
:lol: :lol: Thanks mate

When you earn the respect you shall get it. Some time ago if you were on fire I wouldn't p*** on you, now I will, don't spoil it ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:15 am

Bare Ben wrote:

Life experience and knowledge is everything and can only be gained through growing old, Yours wouldn't fit on the back of a postage stamp and as for opinions you haven't earned the right as of yet!
HALMA 1983

Postby Bare Ben » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:13 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

Life experience and knowledge is everything and can only be gained through growing old, Yours wouldn't fit on the back of a postage stamp and as for opinions you haven't earned the right as of yet!

Deary me. Age will only have a factor on people's opinions when it comes to judging them. For example, if a 100 year old tells a 20 year old they don't have a right to an opinion, people will think the 100 year old is being a silly old man. Stop talking crap, i'll say it again for those hard of hearing: Age does not make your opinion more/less valid. :roll:
Bare Ben

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion