R.I.P Ken Parker

Re: R.I.P Ken Parker

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:16 am

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm

thanks once again for the update Mark. it sounds like a fitting tribute to a wondeful man. I hope that as many fans as possible can be there to pay tribute to Ken, who was truly one of the people who laid the foundations for the future of our club and deserves our thanks. I hope his family know they are in our thoughts and prayers.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 pm

I wish I could be there to pay respects to a thoroughly decent bloke. Thoughts remain with Ken's family & friends at this time.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Ntini » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:54 am

Absolutely gutted that I can't make it back in time. A fitting tribute I hope for a club legend.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:51 pm

As today comes to a close, thought it would be fitting to put K.P. on top of the pile where he can look down on us. His famed bus pass has taken him on his final and longest journey of all.
marky No.1

Postby nasher22 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Just wanted to pass on my condolences and prayers to Kens family.

Cheers Mike Knowles
nasher22

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Todays commemoration of 'our Ken's' life was a fitting tribute and emphasised the importance of family.

The tributes expressed reflected the life of 'one of our own' and it was fitting that the entire playing squad and management formed a corridor of honour as Ken and his family entered the Arena.

For me it represented all that is good about our club and the family spirit that surrounds us all connected with the club.

An excellent turnout by family, friends and those connected to the club. Good to see that Coley and a number of the ex players made the occassion.

As the banner displayed read...'RIP Ken..a true legend'.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby nasher22 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Christies Child wrote:Todays commemoration of 'our Ken's' life was a fitting tribute and emphasised the importance of family.

The tributes expressed reflected the life of 'one of our own' and it was fitting that the entire playing squad and management formed a corridor of honour as Ken and his family entered the Arena.

For me it represented all that is good about our club and the family spirit that surrounds us all connected with the club.

An excellent turnout by family, friends and those connected to the club. Good to see that Coley and a number of the ex players made the occassion.

Did Paul Burns go?
nasher22

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:58 pm

nasher22 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Todays commemoration of 'our Ken's' life was a fitting tribute and emphasised the importance of family.

Did Paul Burns go?[/quote]

Yes and deep in conversation with PMcG afterwards. Also Coley, Armstrong and Thommo (of the Tomlinson variety). Goes to show that we've an 'extended family'.....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby nasher22 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Christies Child wrote:
nasher22 wrote:

Did Paul Burns go?[/quote]

Yes and deep in conversation with PMcG afterwards. Also Coley, Armstrong and Thommo (of the Tomlinson variety). Goes to show that we've an 'extended family'.....

Yeah I spoke to Burnsy the other day to tell him when it was. Just wasn't sure if he was going to go or not
nasher22

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:16 pm

VERY emotional day carried out with absolute grandeur by the family, Club and friends. When Ken Jr. who will not thank me for saying this, said "sorry we couldn't do Open The Box" today :o

Well done Ken Jr. and Joe, handled it well ;)
marky No.1

Postby carfletch » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:18 pm

[iWe first met Ken when he was trying to sell us an audi quite a few years. We didnt buy the car but he was a nice man. [/i]
carfletch

Postby shrimper » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:25 am

Massive congratulations should go to all the club officials, staff and Ken's family and friends who made it such a fitting, respectful and, let's be honest, enjoyable occasion - just as Uncle Ken would have wanted it.

It couldn't have been organised better in any aspect and, with all the emotion and all the issues to consider, it must have been a very nervous time for them all.

On behalf of those who attended I'd just like to say thanks to those who planned it all for letting us all pay our respects in such an appropriate way.

The tributes were amazingly well presented and absolutely hit the right note. Young Ken's was particularly moving and I doubt there was a person there who didn't have a lump in the throat, a tear in the eye - as well as a smile on their face as he delivered it. Well done, chap, it can't have been easy but your dad would have been hugely proud of your words and how you put them across.

As Mark S said to me, the only negative was that the great man wasn't there to witness it himself - he'd have had a fabulous time!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby CASS » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Bit of a Rugby Player...Found this whilst rooting through my external..it is Ken? isn't it ?
Attachments
4591254591_0d4b94ed23_z.jpg
4591254591_0d4b94ed23_z.jpg (127.45 KiB) Viewed 941 times
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:00 pm

I would say it's Mike
marky No.1