Whats happened to morecambe fans

Whats happened to morecambe fans

Postby AlphaShrimp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Slowly turning into a group of ranting morons!! Classic cases of peoples personal feelings clouding their judgement on players/managers well everything.
Jevons today played well in the first half creating plenty of chances for Carlton and they seemed to cause problems. He got switched to right mid second half and again did well seeing as its not his natural position. Yet the rednecks infront of me boo'ed when Sammy didn't replace him (even though spencer is a striker and Jevons was right mid) and then sarcastically cheered when he went off. He didn't have a bad game and wasn't playing poorly yet because of his poor form earlier on this season eveyone's mind is set on him, the same player who was the top scorer last season!

The second quote was a belter, I mean a classic idiot line!

Drummy plays a suicidal shocker of a pass across our back four straight to their striker, and 3 guys infront of me (probably high on sunshine) started shouting abuse at Sammy claiming it was his fault!! How ignorant and un-grateful do you have to be to call yourself a fan and shout that??
At one point we were the 'friendliest fans' in the league, yet some of our own players and manager get less respect than opposing players!

Starting to sicken me at the level of un-gratefulness and un-educated abuse manager an players are receiving from our own fans, if thats their attitiude they don deserve to call themselves supporters.

And please for sanitys sake don't play the 'paid the money so can shout at whatever i want card' it makes you look daft!
AlphaShrimp

Re: Whats happened to morecambe fans

Postby morecambegeek » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Great, lets go over the same ground for the umpteenth time.
morecambegeek

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:06 pm

In all honesty we were by far the better side today and if it had not been for 3 or 4 top class saves from the outstanding Adam Bartlett we could have won 4 or 5 -1.

Interestingly Sammy, Mark and most of the Morecambe players had a congratulatory chat and a wry smile with the keeper at the end.

Who actually thought Hereford looked like scoring before they did ?
SimplyRed MFC

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Yep best stay put until the dust settles thats my excuse ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby AlphaShrimp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:14 pm

morecambegeek wrote:Great, lets go over the same ground for the umpteenth time.

So you approve the verbal abuse Sammy received today which were completely un-justified?
AlphaShrimp

Postby morecambegeek » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:22 pm

I'd rather you didn't put words in my mouth.
morecambegeek

Postby Sammy h » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:31 pm

I think the chanting in the last ten minutes from the 'noisy' fans at the top of the stand justified their pathetic outbursts.

A bunch of middle age old men in a mid life crisis.
Sammy h

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:42 pm

AlphaShrimp wrote:

So you approve the verbal abuse Sammy received today which were completely un-justified?

Unless you've got very thick skin it comes with the territory and you most certainly can't please all of the people all of the time, I think all managers know this don't you?

Maybe lessons will be learned as to where it all went so wrong this season and why the fans feel the need to act this way towards Sammy but who knows???
HALMA 1983

Postby Morecamber » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:49 pm

The chants at the end brought justice to the order of events. Phil Jevons should have got MOM imo...
Morecamber

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:37 pm

I agree with the initial poster, Jevons had a great game today and really put a shift in off the ball. This area was noticeably better than the display he put in against Crewe. I was critical then, but credit where credits due. He also created a decent chance for himself and slipped in DC a couple of times which should have resulted in goals.

I've moved 3 or 4 times this season to different areas and even stands in an attempt to escape the grey brigade with little success, they are dotted all over the ground. Consider yourself lucky though; see the c(c) thread to discover the least enjoyable place to watch the game from.
Last edited by RedRedWine1 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedRedWine1

Postby AlphaShrimp » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:50 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
AlphaShrimp wrote:

Unless you've got very thick skin it comes with the territory and you most certainly can't please all of the people all of the time, I think all managers know this don't you?

Maybe lessons will be learned as to where it all went so wrong this season and why the fans feel the need to act this way towards Sammy but who knows???

Yes but the point is, how is it Sammy's fault that Drummond played a suicide pass across his own back four?
The point is that its becomming clear that no matter what Sammy does, even if he turns it around and stays next season, our ground is becomming peppererd with idiots just wanting to shout abuse..........at our own team??????????????

It comes with the territory as an away player but in a game where we dominated created lots of chances and played well, especially the player mentioned in the OP both player and manager get stick for no reason.
AlphaShrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes but the point is, how is it Sammy's fault that Drummond played a suicide pass across his own back four?

Can't make any judgements as I no longer go to any games but you have to accept that 'It's tough at the top' and you just have to get on with it.

The point is that its becoming clear that no matter what Sammy does, even if he turns it around and stays next season, our ground is becoming peppererd with idiots just wanting to shout abuse..........at our own team??????????????

Managers are judged on results and performance, To put it mildly neither have been outstanding this season for what ever reason and by the way this situation is not unique to Sammy Mac as no doubts anyone taking his place (when the time arrives) will be subject to more of the same if the paying public deem their time and money wasted on something substandard.
It certainly doesn't help matters when your poor relations down the road in East Lancs are showing what can be done whilst offering what must be the very best value for money entertainment week in week out, How we all crave some of that down westgate way! :mrgreen:

It comes with the territory as an away player but in a game where we dominated created lots of chances and played well, especially the player mentioned in the OP both player and manager get stick for no reason.

That's the name of the game! Least we forget the times when praise is in abundance for Sammy and his charges when things do go right, Like everything it cuts both ways and never the twain shall meet :D
HALMA 1983

Postby Frobi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:23 pm

What got me about our own ususally very vocal supporters was an absolute lack of passion and vocal support until the last 15 mins or so. Whoever was in charge of the drum wasn't doing a great job. I thought the whloe point of the drum was to boost the vocal support not nul it. Everytime I heard the drum they were just banging it along with the clapping. Myself and a couple of others tried our best with a sout of "come on you reds!" but nothing, all I got was one guy saying to me "nice try, whats with the singers today?" Was everyone hungover from a bank holiday boose up or are people just not bothered anymore?
Frobi

Postby Sammy h » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Me and my mates were all hungover, that's why we weren't as vocal! The fans booing at the end soon got us going though, thought it was brilliant!
Sammy h

Postby Posh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:27 pm

I don't agree with abuse of players which is utterly pointless (although Capaldi would have got a bit) and I didn't hear any on Saturday. What I did hear was three fans having a go at Sammy for the substitutions he made. If that was their complaint then I agree with them. Faced with the worst opposition since Stockport he seemed willing to close the doors on another very average performance by settling for a draw. Yet at the time we were the better side and if we'd been willing to go for it could have got the win. Instead we run scared of a team that were struggling to put a couple of passes together. At Christie last season there was no fear and a winning mentality. So, a few people got verbally upset. What should they have done? Kept their gobs shut? Not turned up? Or just kept their gobs shut and not sung?

How ironic it was yesterday that our only continuous singing was to drown out some of our own passionate fans. Whether you agree with them or not it was hilarious that's what it took to get some singing.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Sammy h wrote:Me and my mates were all hungover, that's why we weren't as vocal! The fans booing at the end soon got us going though, thought it was brilliant!

So its all down to you sh and your mates why we just got a draw :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Sammy h » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Posh wrote:I don't agree with abuse of players which is utterly pointless (although Capaldi would have got a bit) and I didn't hear any on Saturday. What I did hear was three fans having a go at Sammy for the substitutions he made. If that was their complaint then I agree with them. Faced with the worst opposition since Stockport he seemed willing to close the doors on another very average performance by settling for a draw. Yet at the time we were the better side and if we'd been willing to go for it could have got the win. Instead we run scared of a team that were struggling to put a couple of passes together. At Christie last season there was no fear and a winning mentality. So, a few people got verbally upset. What should they have done? Kept their gobs shut? Not turned up? Or just kept their gobs shut and not sung?

How ironic it was yesterday that our only continuous singing was to drown out some of our own passionate fans. Whether you agree with them or not it was hilarious that's what it took to get some singing.

So does that mean that you agree with booing Sammy and booing the substitutions? The above to me looks like you agree with the 'booing' not just the substitutions.

What makes it hilarious that we were trying to support OUR football club and not criticise them at every single opportunity? I certainly didn't find it hilarious.

I apologise to the fans who thought there was no atmosphere on Monday. Sometimes though you do need something to sing about, hence the singing at the so called 'supporters'

P.S. Were you singing Michael or booing?
Sammy h

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Posh wrote:I don't agree with abuse of players which is utterly pointless (although Capaldi would have got a bit) and I didn't hear any on Saturday. What I did hear was three fans having a go at Sammy for the substitutions he made. If that was their complaint then I agree with them. Faced with the worst opposition since Stockport he seemed willing to close the doors on another very average performance by settling for a draw. Yet at the time we were the better side and if we'd been willing to go for it could have got the win. Instead we run scared of a team that were struggling to put a couple of passes together. At Christie last season there was no fear and a winning mentality. So, a few people got verbally upset. What should they have done? Kept their gobs shut? Not turned up? Or just kept their gobs shut and not sung?

So does that mean that you agree with booing Sammy and booing the substitutions? The above to me looks like you agree with the 'booing' not just the substitutions.

What makes it hilarious that we were trying to support OUR football club and not criticise them at every single opportunity? I certainly didn't find it hilarious.

I apologise to the fans who thought there was no atmosphere on Monday. Sometimes though you do need something to sing about, hence the singing at the so called 'supporters'

P.S. Were you singing Michael or booing?

You don't appeared to have read what he has written completely Sam.

He said that he agreed with the fans who were aggrieved with the substitutions, not that he agreed with their method of expressing it.
In my opinion Posh, why use a personal name - some get upset by it, would not boo his own players. Likewise I've heard his singing - better that some stay quiet ;)
morecambe mick

Postby shrimper » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
That's the name of the game! Least we forget the times when praise is in abundance for Sammy and his charges when things do go right, Like everything it cuts both ways and never the twain shall meet :D

And we've all been happy to bask in the glory along with our manager and team. Now it's getting a bit trickier, we still expect them to be as successful and great as they have for the past decade or so, but we as fans can be griping, negative, fickle and think nothing of it.

It does cut both ways and if we take the enjoyment from the good times can we not show a bit more support and acceptance when things get a bit tough. We have a job to do as well.

I've not seen a lack of effort from the team and the management - that's when I'll start sniping.

For every Accy above us (and you can count them on the fingers of one hand in terms of clubs with smaller budgets and fanbases than ours who are currently doing better than us - and good luck to them) there are many more around us and below us with much bigger support and history.

That's not to say we shouldn't be ambitious - and it may even be that we might need to make big changes - but let's have a bit of context, eh?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:37 pm

That's not to say we shouldn't be ambitious

conference........NO

L1....................NO

L2....................YES

Catch my drift..................................
shrimpnsave

Postby Sammy h » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:37 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Me and my mates were all hungover, that's why we weren't as vocal! The fans booing at the end soon got us going though, thought it was brilliant!

So its all down to you sh and your mates why we just got a draw :lol:

How do you mean?
Sammy h

Postby Harry » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:45 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:That's not to say we shouldn't be ambitious

conference........NO

L1....................NO

How is it ambitious to stay in League 2?
Harry

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Harry wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:That's not to say we shouldn't be ambitious

conference........NO

L1....................NO

How is it ambitious to stay in League 2?

because thats where mfc are happy to stop at.... league TWO........
shrimpnsave

Postby Harry » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:54 pm

The chairman has said on numerous occasions that he wants us to progress and become a League 1 club.

Even if we were happy to stay in this league forever, you contradict yourself as that doesn't show ambition.
Harry

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:04 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Can't make any judgements

Followed by exactly that. :roll:
RedRedWine1

Next

Return to General Discussion