Re: Morecambe 0 Hereford 1

Postby shrimpinho » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:45 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:game over

game over?

Its 1-1 now
shrimpinho

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:14 pm

Still need a point.....but personally we are safe (our last two games are against port vale and nortampton who cant buy a win)
I think lincoln need to very worried at the moment ~ we could also relegate northampton on last day as well
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Their keeper was on truly amazing form. Took a smashing bottom corner finish from Haining to beet him. Roche should've saved their goal :?
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:41 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Their keeper was on truly amazing form. Took a smashing bottom corner finish from Haining to beet him. Roche should've saved their goal :?

he was very small for a goalkeeper he should have been tested more with long range shots into the top corners
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:47 pm

George Dawes wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:Their keeper was on truly amazing form. Took a smashing bottom corner finish from Haining to beet him. Roche should've saved their goal :?

he was very small for a goalkeeper he should have been tested more with long range shots into the top corners

Hurst and Wilson both tried. The MBW and Bay Radio stands are currently undergoing repairs :? :lol: :lol: :lol: !
Little Shrimp

Postby alwaysright » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:04 pm

Same shit different game..........the club needs a big clear out during the close starting with the manager !!
alwaysright

Re: Morecambe 1 Hereford 1

Postby Morectalk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:07 pm

The fact that we were so piss poor made a bad Hereford side look almost good. We were truly crap today - one of the worst performances of the season.
Morectalk

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:24 pm

We were poor but we still had the better chances to win the game - their keeper made a couple of fantastic saves. We played better at Crewe and lost. I can't understand why we are playing so poor at home- is it psychological?

We definitely need a clear out of players this summer, ~15 players out of contract and very few deserve a new one.

At least we are safe now but its looking like Northampton might have to come here needing a win.
Morecambe Jack

Postby marky » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:08 pm

I'll post more when I get home later but awful, inept and crap will suffice for now.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:08 pm

don't know how Hurst got MoM he's more effective in the middle of the park

for me Drummond was MoM in the holding role
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:04 pm

George Dawes wrote:don't know how Hurst got MoM he's more effective in the middle of the park

I actually didn't think we played that bad. It took a couple of amazing saves to keep Hereford in it. At times we stroked the ball around the pitch. I thought Jevons looked suited to a deeper role and he worked hard. My MotM would have been McCready or Haining, possibly even Cowperthwaite, all of whom played well. If it had finished 3-1 Hereford couldn't have complained. What we need next season is to make sure that games like this DO FINISH 3-1!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Keith wrote:
George Dawes wrote:don't know how Hurst got MoM he's more effective in the middle of the park

I actually didn't think we played that bad. It took a couple of amazing saves to keep Hereford in it. At times we stroked the ball around the pitch. I thought Jevons looked suited to a deeper role and he worked hard. My MotM would have been McCready or Haining, possibly even Cowperthwaite, all of whom played well. If it had finished 3-1 Hereford couldn't have complained. What we need next season is to make sure that games like this DO FINISH 3-1!

actually McCready was a good shout he had a important role baby sitting Cowps in the middle in the first 15mins a heard him shout at Cowps for divering with a header say "dont p1ss about" then Cowps went on and had a good game there's more responsibility in the center of defence than out at fullback so job well done on that note
George Dawes

Re: Morecambe 1 Hereford 1 (Haining)

Postby Morectalk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:10 pm

Shit game, performance, atmosphere, result & manager.

The only thing that interested anyone behind the goal today was the girl chucking free cream eggs in to the crowd. :roll:

Great minute applause for poor Ken though.
Morectalk

Postby Caged Lion » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Keith wrote:I actually didn't think we played that bad. It took a couple of amazing saves to keep Hereford in it. At times we stroked the ball around the pitch. I thought Jevons looked suited to a deeper role and he worked hard. My MotM would have been McCready or Haining, possibly even Cowperthwaite, all of whom played well. If it had finished 3-1 Hereford couldn't have complained. What we need next season is to make sure that games like this DO FINISH 3-1!

Agree with all the above, we need a striker for next season who will finish off some of the chances that go begging game after game. Not sure where Danny was at for the first 20 minutes, but he suddenly perked up and got around the pitch like lightening, controlled the ball, won headers and directed all his passes far better. I hope the club have enough funds to attract a couple of decent strikers in the summer.

In my opinion the ref was to blame for their goal. He didn't allow a nailed on free kick right on the corner of the Hereford penalty area. They scampered off down the field and scored, the ref walked back to the middle looking very sheepish and then had a word with the Hereford defenders and gave them the thumbs up :evil:
Caged Lion

Postby Sammy h » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:34 pm

Morectalk wrote:Shit game, performance, atmosphere, result & manager.

The only thing that interested anyone behind the goal today was the girl chucking free cream eggs in to the crowd. :roll:

Great minute applause for poor Ken though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gave me a chuckle there Morec! Didn't agree with the kids throwing them to other people though :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sammy h

Postby marky » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Ok, I'm home nows so here's my assessment. Two very poor sides battling out a competition to see who was poorer. Hereford themselves played some very neat football for much of the first half and had our players in knots times after time but had zero end quality which therefore limited the chances they created. I wasn't at all surprised that they took the lead (Roche should maybe have done better) and felt they just about shaded the first half, despite the fact their 'keeper made one or two high class saves. On our part a number of crosses went in which time after time resulted in a white shirt not being under any kind of pressure.

I'd say we just about shaded the second half. Once again their man between the sticks made a couple of top drawer saves. Will's was a well taken goal and I was pleased for him given how much of this season has gone. However, despite the game being there for the taking, once again Sammy's substitutions defied belief. Shuker had been set to come on before we scored but despite the goal, he came on and for some inexplicable reason we went 4-5-1 with Jevons on the right. Then he brought Carlton off and asked Spencer to play in the lone role then finally took Jevons off and put a right back on in his place in right wing. Utterly baffling and tactically inept.

As for the players themselves (and their performances) there wasn't a single thing that gave me any confidence that next season might be better. Only 5 of today's squad would be on my retain list (Roche, Cowperthwaite, Haining, Wilson and Carlton). Scott Brown in particular was utterly abysmal. If I wasn't 100% sure before, I am now that the summer clearout must include the manager and his assistant. Sammy's team seems incapable of any kind of communication and it can't help to continually alternate Spencer and Carlton. Despite all this I still enjoyed today but I can fully understand why many of those sat around me will not be renewing their season tickets if Sammy remains in post.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:55 pm

marky wrote:If I wasn't 100% sure before, I am now that the summer clearout must include the manager and his assistant.

"If..."? Come on Mark, when you first wrote that you were "100% sure" the manager should go, the message was delivered by carrier pigeon!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion