Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:58 pm

I think

Roche
Haining Bentley McCready Wilson/Cowperhwaite
Drummond
Holdsworth Hunter Hurst
Jevons
Carlton

So the same as Crewe apart from Carlton in for Spencer, and Jimbo in for the injured Parrish. I think that was the formation that was played.................4 1 3 1 1 :shock:
Little Shrimp

Re: Line up vs Hereford

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Little Shrimp, you obviously like to pick a team lacking any pace!!!

Oh yes, similar to the manager. :(
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Not really lacking pace. Carlton is quick. Hunter is quite quick. Holdsworth and Hurst aren't bad. Drummond has long legs so presumably should be quick. McCready isn't that slow. Haining is a bit quick. Wilson and Cowperthwaite are both quite quick. So not exactly "a lack of pace!"
Little Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:42 am

Wouldn't surprise me if Wilson is restored with Cowps taking over from Paz in the centre, assuming that he's injured. That leaves Jimbo on the bench...unfortunately! :( :( :(

I'd prefer Wilson on the bench with Jimbo in for Paz and Cowps to retain his slot.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:44 am

Oh! you've woken up then!! :o
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:12 am

be interesting now Wilson is fit and Cowps playing ok whether he'll play again this season and will this be the last we see of him :|
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:13 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:Oh! you've woken up then!! :o

Yawn.....Just ;)

...but if I nod off this afternoon, give me a prod!

:lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:21 am

How can I? I'm in the cheap seats! You're with Marky No.1 and the prawn sandwiches :lol:
seasonsinthesun

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 am

Christies Child wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Wilson is restored with Cowps taking over from Paz in the centre, assuming that he's injured. That leaves Jimbo on the bench...unfortunately! :( :( :(

I'd prefer Wilson on the bench with Jimbo in for Paz and Cowps to retain his slot.

I agree with you on this one CC. Bentley and McCready at the back with Haining and Cowperthwaite as the full backs, an interesting decision for SM. He could of course play Haining/McCready at centre backs, put Holdsworth at right back, move Hurst on to the right to replace him and bring Wilson in on the left side.

Roche Roche

Holdsworth Haining McCready Cowperthwaite Haining Bentley McCready Cowp'waite

Hurst Hunter Drummond Wilson Holdsworth Hunter Drummond Hurst

Jevons Carlton Jevons Carlton
seasonsinthesun

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:31 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Wilson is restored with Cowps taking over from Paz in the centre, assuming that he's injured. That leaves Jimbo on the bench...unfortunately! :( :( :(

I agree with you on this one CC. Bentley and McCready at the back with Haining and Cowperthwaite as the full backs, an interesting decision for SM. He could of course play Haining/McCready at centre backs, put Holdsworth at right back, move Hurst on to the right to replace him and bring Wilson in on the left side.

Roche Roche

Holdsworth Haining McCready Cowperthwaite Haining Bentley McCready Cowp'waite

Hurst Hunter Drummond Wilson Holdsworth Hunter Drummond Hurst

Jevons Carlton Jevons Carlton

Agreed about the centre backs. Haining and McCready for me. I think Jimbo will be lacking in match fitness at this level and would be risky with Stuart Fleetwood in the opposition. We missed Parrish when he went off and nobody picked up our friend Donald Duck.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:42 am

Roche
Holdsworth Haining McCready Cowps
Drummond
Shuker Hurst Hunter
Carlton Spencer

id like to see Shuker get a fair chance and see what he can do in his prefered position giving him a chance to play for his future at the club
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 am

I'd be unwilling to disrupt the midfield, since they did a great job I thought. What's being said about Hereford having pace up front has changed my mind about the defence. I would move Cowps to centre back alongside McCready, and put Wilson at left back.
Little Shrimp

Return to General Discussion