o/t Smokery at Glasson Dock

o/t Smokery at Glasson Dock

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Went out for a drive to Glasson Dock today and stumbled across the smokery there. What a great little place. I had a brief chat with the friendly woman serving and bought some kippers to see if they taste as good as the ones back home. I also went away with some Morecambe Bay Shrimps which I had served on top of a lovely organic rib-eye steak for tea.
They were excellent!

It was served with poc-choi that had been sweated down in a drizzle of olive oil and a clove of smoked garlic.

Well worth a trip out there, I could have spent a fortune in that shop (didn't see the black-pudding)

Port of Lancaster Smokehouse
http://www.polsco.co.uk/
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: o/t Smokery at Glasson Dock

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:31 pm

Went to glasson dock a few months ago,I didnt see the smokery?Whereabouts is it :?: :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ockers » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:33 pm

it was featured in a matt(dawson) and mitch good food half hour sky prog about three years ago
they went to try and fish for salmon in the lune at sunderland point but had no luck and went to the smoke house and got some lovely salmon(including an explanation as to how the fish is dry smoked)
featured morecambe and they created their own version of potted shrimps great programme too
ockers

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:36 pm

They also have a stall on the open market in Lancaster on Saturdays and possibly Wednesdays, Bought some of their Smoked Garlic out at Barton Grange once and their goods can be found on the menus of Nigel Haworths 'Ribble Valley inns' and you've got to be decent to get anywhere near his standards..........................Cracking stuff!!!!
HALMA 1983

Postby Vinny » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:03 pm

One of my favourite shops, I just love those wood-smoked-flavours! But as you say, you could spend a fortune in there, and I usually end up doing!

Here's a Google Map of where it is:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... 9&t=h&z=17
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby outsider » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:31 am

I can see my car in the Klarius car park :lol: :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Return to General Discussion