Clayton Donaldson

Re: Clayton Donaldson

Postby DTSJim » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:33 am

Christies Child wrote:
DTSJim wrote:
Christies Child wrote:A wages and expences bill of £1.2milion for 30 odd players in season 2009 / 2010......surely better to reduce that to say £875K on a playing staff of circa 18, thereby being able to pay more for a better quality of player.

Maybe then we could afford players like Donaldson as an example.

:?: :?: :?:

Resisting the urge to have a go at you as usual I'll have a go at engaging with your argument.

One thing that keeps jumping out at me as you continually repeat this argument is that, we currently have a squad of 30 and are nevertheless down to the bare bones of the side. Were we to have a run of injuries in the side with a squad of 18, we would be dangerously depleted and having to rely on emergency loans.

I think we all know that the squad size is likely to be reduced, but I would suggest that 18 is a little extreme.

All SV's should welcome constructive debate.

So what would be an acceptable squad size remembering that the wage bill WILL be reduced as those who attended the Shareholders AGM already know?

I'm well aware that the wage bill is going to be reduced, one thing I think you should bear in mind is that the average wage in this league is likely to be going down as well, meaning that these short term contracts which are regularly bemoaned may actually work in our favour.

Essentially, even keeping a similar squad in terms of size and quality will likely moderately reduce the wage bill which means that the reduction in squad numbers is unlikely to be as drastic as you hope.
DTSJim

Postby morecambegeek » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:53 am

Loan players still require paying.

If we invest all the playing budget in 18 players, how the hell do we afford getting loan players in?

As for letting Lillis go, previously CC was suggesting Lillis and Bentley as the management of the club. Ever get the feeling CC just argues whatever his current whim is without really thinking anything through?
morecambegeek

Postby outsider » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:33 pm

morecambegeek wrote:Loan players still require paying.

If we invest all the playing budget in 18 players, how the hell do we afford getting loan players in?

As for letting Lillis go, previously CC was suggesting Lillis and Bentley as the management of the club. Ever get the feeling CC just argues whatever his current whim is without really thinking anything through?

It was George Dawes who said let Lillis not not CC
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby morecambegeek » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:03 pm

It was, I apologise. Read it on my phone, and didn't match up the poster with the comment.
morecambegeek

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:50 pm

maybe i should start a topic "Mark Lillis vs 25+ goals a season Striker?"

no disrespect to Lills for the work he's done but if money is tight id give Jimbo the nod anytime over Mark from a long term point of view(potential future manager) it's always worked before for MFC with the Manager just having one right hand man(coach) so why not now all of a sudden after a poor season?
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:10 pm

George Dawes wrote:maybe i should start a topic "Mark Lillis vs 25+ goals a season Striker?"

no disrespect to Lills for the work he's done but if money is tight id give Jimbo the nod anytime over Mark from a long term point of view(potential future manager) it's always worked before for MFC with the Manager just having one right hand man(coach) so why not now all of a sudden after a poor season?

Doubt if it would work.

[edited by Keith]
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:28 pm

George Dawes wrote:maybe i should start a topic "Mark Lillis vs 25+ goals a season Striker?"

You may be right, or it may be that having three coaches at the club will bring players on further. Jim developing the youth side of things could, in time, unearth that 25 goals a season player? I don't know, I'm not saying you are wrong, simply that it isn't necessarily that straight forward.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Keith wrote:

You may be right, or it may be that having three coaches at the club will bring players on further. Jim developing the youth side of things could, in time, unearth that 25 goals a season player? I don't know, I'm not saying you are wrong, simply that it isn't necessarily that straight forward.

good point Kieth. am just trying to point out to some of the above posts that players like Clayton Donaldson are not out of our price range if we juggle our finances about
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Lillis isn't the only member of important coaching staff we can sack. We could sack McIlroy, put Jimbo and Lillis in charge and sign Donaldson. Simples! ;)
Little Shrimp

Postby marky » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Sack is such a dirty word. I prefer "leaving by mutual consent" ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ockers » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:33 pm

[edited by Keith] will not happen.

really neil?
ockers

Postby mfcbro » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:25 pm

I think you are out of order c.c. whatever is said to you in a private conversation should not be put on shrimpsvoices.I think you seem to think you are in the know and take great pleasure of putting it on the forum.I think you need to have a look at yourself before posting some information.
mfcbro

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:33 pm

mfcbro wrote:I think you are out of order c.c...

Seems to me you are jealous coz you arnet in the KNOW ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:16 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
mfcbro wrote:I think you are out of order c.c. whatever ...

Seems to me you are jealous coz you arnet in the KNOW ;)

its not like it's a surprise in anyway who in the right mind wouldn't want Craig Stanley back.

keep em coming CC ;)
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:20 pm

I must admit I was uncomfortable when I first read the post and I wish I'd edited it straight away. Perhaps CC could ask if whoever he is speaking to minds if their comments are quoted on here? I'm not being facetious, I think the attributed comment was quite interesting but I also think that if it was made in a 'private conversation' then it isn't fair to publicly repeat it without the other person agreeing.

Obviously, you can always PM or email me first, just to check what my advice is??? 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:37 am

Keith wrote:I must admit I was uncomfortable when I first read the post and I wish I'd edited it straight away. Perhaps CC could ask if whoever he is speaking to minds if their comments are quoted on here? I'm not being facetious, I think the attributed comment was quite interesting but I also think that if it was made in a 'private conversation' then it isn't fair to publicly repeat it without the other person agreeing.

Obviously, you can always PM or email me first, just to check what my advice is??? 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've a feeling that I know what your advice would be...... :lol:

Sorry..... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:27 am

Christies Child wrote:I've a feeling that I know what your advice would be...... :lol:

Yes, but at least then I'd be in the know! :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:33 pm

This is what HE does! Makes comments from some inside information apparently/maybe/supposedly which makes everyone think he knows something then HE doesn't go the whole hog and explain what HE means which then means that no-one is any the wiser and maybe it would be better not knowing anything that doesn't mean anything anyway in the first place.
Like I have said before: " I woke up one sunny morning in my nice little English village of Struth and thought to myself whether I should have a shave, make some breakfast or do what I really enjoy, going on my favourite website for the rest of the day. What a nice life I have , sitting in my shangri-la."
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:36 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:This is what HE does! Makes comments from some inside information apparently/maybe/supposedly which makes everyone think he knows something then HE doesn't go the whole hog and explain what HE means which then means that no-one is any the wiser and maybe it would be better not knowing anything that doesn't mean anything anyway in the first place.
Like I have said before: " I woke up one sunny morning in my nice little English village of Struth and thought to myself whether I should have a shave, make some breakfast or do what I really enjoy, going on my favourite website for the rest of the day. What a nice life I have , sitting in my shangri-la."

I wish my Easter Eggs were loaded like yours obviously are! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Actually I prefer hot cross buns and these have a lovely taste to them! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :geek: :lol: :lol: :o
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:05 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:This is what HE does! Makes comments from some inside information apparently/maybe/supposedly which makes everyone think he knows something then HE doesn't go the whole hog and explain what HE means which then means that no-one is any the wiser and maybe it would be better not knowing anything that doesn't mean anything anyway in the first place.

Good to see that somebody has joined me in the 'sad camp'.....

No doubt that load of meaningless 'bul'l took some time to compose!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:32 pm

seasonsinthesun 1 Christies Child 1

ohh, a late equaliser from CC ensuring that it is honours even...

Next pot-shot receives a red card!

Clayton who...

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Donaldinho
Harry

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:46 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Like I have said before: " I woke up one sunny morning in my nice little English village of Storth and thought to myself whether I should have a shave, make some breakfast or do what I really enjoy, going on my favourite website for the rest of the day. What a nice life I have , sitting in my shangri-la."

Sounds like heaven to me :D
HALMA 1983

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Keith wrote:seasonsinthesun 1 Christies Child 1

ohh, a late equaliser from CC ensuring that it is honours even...

Next pot-shot receives a red card!

Clayton who...

Don't take it to heart Keith, they sit within whis 8-) pering distance of each other
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion