Staying Up, or Drown Your Sorrows Party Tomorrow

Staying Up, or Drown Your Sorrows Party Tomorrow

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:49 am

After the results yesterday and with 3 games to go anything could happen. As it stands any 2 from 10 can drop, 6 of which play each other tomorrow and just 6 points seperating 9 teams with us at the top of the pile - just!

I predict a very nervy affair particularly as another Barnet win tomorrow will likely see them come out of the drop zone.

Make no mistake, Hereford will be on our case.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Staying Up, or Drown Your Sorrows Party Tomorrow

Postby outsider » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:56 am

Stockport County V Northampton Town is a 6 pointer if ever there was one
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:10 pm

If Barnet win tomorrow, we beat Hereford and Northampton lose, we will be mathematically safe andBarnet will be out of the relegation zone :D !
Little Shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:20 pm

And if we lose then we are back in the brown stuff and facing Port Vale and Northampton to avoid being a non-league club next season.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:19 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:And if we lose and Barnet beat Oxford Utd and Bradford beat Aldershot and Burton Albion beat Torquay and Lincoln City beat Cheltenham and Macclesfield get at least a draw with Southend and Stockport lose to Northampton then we are back in the brown stuff and facing Port Vale and Northampton to avoid being a non-league club next season.

I've corrected your quote... :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Sorry, I know it depends on other results as you rightly say, but I meant that a loss tomorrow would have us looking over our shoulder again.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:42 pm

I dont believe anyone seriously thinks we are in danger of going down now. No team has ever gone down with 50 points and that will not change this year. Barnets last 3 games are incredibly tough and Northampton and Lincoln can't buy wins at the moment. We are top of the bottom 10 teams, lets finish there ;)
Morecambe Jack

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:10 pm

I can agree with most of that, Jack and no doubt you expected Barnet to lose at Gillingham and Stockport to lose at Port Vale, who in the right mind would have thought otherwise
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:27 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Sorry, I know it depends on other results as you rightly say, but I meant that a loss tomorrow would have us looking over our shoulder again.

It is upsetting that a season that began with many, myself included, believing we had the best ever Morecambe squad, still has us even slightly concerned that three games from the end, we could still, theoretically, go down. We were talking on the way to Crewe and reminding ourselves about some of the games at the start of the season. When we beat Coventry and then outplayed Burnley for the first half, I really thought we'd be looking at an automatic promotion place by this time in the season.

I think we've just about done enough to collapse over the finishing line, but I really hope that the planning for next season has already begun and that Sammy Mac has finally realised that wholesale introduction of journeymen 'pros' will not actually help us and that we need to know what is happening on day one of next season!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion