Crewe 2 Morecambe 1 (Hunter)

Re: Crewe 2 Morecambe 1 (Hunter)

Postby marky » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:50 pm

To be honest, Crewe will see it as poetic justice for what we did to them last season. Difference is it's practically meaningless for them as there'd have to be a lot of teams above them messing up for them to make a late dash into the play offs whereas it was very important for us last season. Even if we lose again on Monday, it would take an extraordinary run of results for a lot of sides to see us slide from 15th to 23rd (although admittedly we could be as low as 18th after tomorrow's fixtures but even then finishing 23rd would be highly unlikely). If Barnet lose tomorrow then they will be 9 points behind us with a much worse goal difference so, whilst not mathematically safe, we are practically safe. Regardless of what happens, I hope to see a new manager. However, this is sadly very unlikely.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Not read the thread yet, so this has probably been asked already, although I doubt it will have been answered...

How he hell did we lose that game?

Ho-hum, off to walk the dogs then see if anyone has the answer?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MfcChris » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Jevons is rubbish. His first touch has been terrible all season.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Jack Poulton » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:12 pm

How did we lose despite dominating the game? Failed to convert 3 gilt egded chances in the 1st half. Jevons, with typical laziness, gives the ball away when we are building an attack which leads to the equaliser. McIlroy takes off our best player (Hurst) and changes tactics to play defensively and not lose even though we are bossing the game. We sit on the edge of our area, and the result is inevitable. Seen it so many times this season.
Jack Poulton

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Keith wrote:Not read the thread yet, so this has probably been asked already, although I doubt it will have been answered...

How he hell did we lose that game?

Ho-hum, off to walk the dogs then see if anyone has the answer?

We lost because:-

we missed scoring from 3 free headers from first half corners.

we should have started with Danny Carlton

we took our best player off and put a centre half on in his place inviting them to attack.

ps some good news

Lincoln lost and are 3 points behind with 3 games left and a diabolical goal difference.

Northampton are 2 - nil down at home to Rotherham so should be still 6 points behind us
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Honestly some people are beyond belief on this forum. Paulshrimp, of course the heated discussion between Sammy and Baz was heat of the moment stuff! We had just conceded in the third minute of injury time. Dodgie your comments are so ridiculous they dont warrant a proper response.

I thought we dominated the game for large spells and it was disappointing to lose, especially so late. Like has been said, if Parrish had stayed on the pitch we probably would have come out with something, he had Donaldson in his pocket all game (I hope it isnt serious). The change Sammy made was to reflect that and tighten up the defence (it was needed). I do think Danny should have started but with 2 games in 4 days I would have thought someone will make way and he will start on monday.

It was another great atmosphere and great away day - shame we couldnt get the result to top it off!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Good comeback from Northampton to get a 2-2 draw with the Millers after being 2 -0 down at half time.

Burton drop to 3rd from bottom.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ezz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:53 pm

We played great today!! The team was great, got the fans going who were loud all the way through (thought Crewe's home support was non existent). We created so many chances and run the game like we were playing at home, then we lapse in concentration twice at the end and lose the game.
Not even that angry, we played well but threw it away.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:56 am

Spot the Ball Competition!

Spencer chips

it's heading in

but the defender makes it disappear on the goal line!

It's a shame the chip went so high, it seemed to take an eternity to come down again. If that had gone in, I think we'd have cruised to three points.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:03 am

It just proves how much of an asset Andy Parrish has been this season. Also, have to agree that Carlton must start ahead of Jevo, for some reason he's not been a patch on last season :?
Crooky MFC

Postby marky » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:20 am

To be fair, Jevons hasn't been the same since about February last year. People forget he carried an injury for much of the second half of last season and, frankly, still doesn't really seem to have fully recovered. Sadly, we've got him for another season.
marky

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 am

He appeared to me to be covering a lot more ground yesterday and his role looked like it was deeper, between midfield & Spencer. I think he worked harder yesterday than I've seen for a while but he still didn't have a shot of note. Remember Bournemouth last season when everyone was shooting from distance and we scored from all over the place? That is what is missing, no one has the confidence to shoot, Jevons in particular.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:34 am

marky wrote:To be fair, Jevons hasn't been the same since about February last year. People forget he carried an injury for much of the second half of last season and, frankly, still doesn't really seem to have fully recovered. Sadly, we've got him for another season.

he's alright as a squad player with the idea of if he wants first team football he as to fight for it against Danny Carlton and maybe another two center forwards in the summer not bothered either way about Spencer
George Dawes

Postby marky » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:38 am

We all love Danny Carlton but in this supposed smaller squad, can we really have two 'squad' strikers in both him and Jevons? There are some very interesting decisions to be made in the summer, both on and off the field. There are at least 3 of our '2 year contract' players who we need to seriously consider agreeing severence terms with (which for me is a sad indictment of our current regime).
marky

Postby james456 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:47 am

I thought our formation looked something like this yesterday (Jevons out wide)-

_________Spencer
Hurst_______________Jev
_______Hunter Holdsworth
__________Drummy
Cowps McCready Paz Haining
___________Roche

And Jevons did have a couple of shots from distance in the first half. He just needs to be played up front alongside Spencer/Carlton imo.
james456

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:30 am

I dread to think what Jevons is on a week, he is bloody useless. You can excuse Spencer being a little wasteful on the ball at times given his age and the stage of his developement as a player. Phil is a senior professional in the dressing room, he needs to start showing it with a bit more effort off the ball. The equalising goal came as a direct result of him giving the ball away cheaply, had he attempted to get it back I wouldn't be as harsh on him. It's a trait of late to his game that doesn't endear him to the paying public.

Given the choice I'd bomb off Jevs and keep Jimmy next season. One offers value for money, one hasn't since his agent Dick Turpin got him a two year deal. Take away goals from penalties and a hattick against 10 man cannon fodder Stockport and his return for the season is woeful.
RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:37 am

I thought Jevons was man of the match, worked his socks off to win the ball back, never gave the ball away, and deserved at least 7 goals.

He didn't moan once, or criticise other players when he made a mistake, he is an absolute asset to this football club and the higher teams must be looking at him.

What a player!
Sammy h

Postby new shrimp » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Sammy h wrote:I thought Jevons was man of the match, worked his socks off to win the ball back, never gave the ball away, and deserved at least 7 goals.

He didn't moan once, or criticise other players when he made a mistake, he is an absolute asset to this football club and the higher teams must be looking at him.

What a player!

Are you having a laugh? Jevons was awful yesterday. He just didn't look interested. If higher teams are looking at him snap their hands off and bring somone in with a bit of hunger and commitment. :)
new shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:13 pm

new shrimp wrote:
Sammy h wrote:I thought Jevons was man of the match, worked his socks off to win the ball back, never gave the ball away, and deserved at least 7 goals.

What a player!

Are you having a laugh? Jevons was awful yesterday. He just didn't look interested. If higher teams are looking at him snap their hands off and bring somone in with a bit of hunger and commitment. :)

'New Shrimp", as you've just joined, may I introduce you to Sammy H. Have you seen the Father Ted episode about Kicking Bishop Brennan up the Arse? Where Bishop Brennan has an assistant who is the most sarcastic man alive, so Mrs Doyle is told to do the exact opposite of what he says? Well, imagine you are Mrs Doyle and Sammy H is Bishop Brennan's assistant. Bare Ben is probably the bishop, so feel free to insert a bashing joke...

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bare Ben » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Keith wrote:
new shrimp wrote:

What a player!

'New Shrimp", as you've just joined, may I introduce you to Sammy H. Have you seen the Father Ted episode about Kicking Bishop Brennan up the Arse? Where Bishop Brennan has an assistant who is the most sarcastic man alive, so Mrs Doyle is told to do the exact opposite of what he says? Well, imagine you are Mrs Doyle and Sammy H is Bishop Brennan's assistant. Bare Ben is probably the bishop, so feel free to insert a bashing joke...

:lol: :lol: :lol: May I just add that you looked wonderful yesterday Keith :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Bare Ben wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: May I just add that you looked wonderful yesterday Keith :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you darling. To keep the analogy going, I probably looked like Father Jack. Trouble is, I wasn't in fancy dress...

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Keith wrote:
new shrimp wrote:

What a player!

I was being serious, I thought he played wonderfully.
Sammy h

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:53 pm

I agree with sammy h. Thought he played great. He set up the goal, and linked up the attack and midfield very well. Thought Spencer was poor. He lost the ball alot, struggled to turn when he got the ball and lacked shooting confidence.
Little Shrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:I agree with sammy h. Thought he played great. He set up the goal, and linked up the attack and midfield very well. Thought Spencer was poor. He lost the ball alot, struggled to turn when he got the ball and lacked shooting confidence.

I wouldn't say great, although I agree he linked it up well. He did set up the goal but he also cost us the equaliser. So all in all, he was ok.
Bare Ben

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:52 pm

The last time Crewe came back to win from a losing position they were in League 1, over two years ago :geek:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion