O/T - Aliteraration

O/T - Aliteraration

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:06 pm

Boris Bins Bliar's Bumbeling Bobby Blair!
How good is that :)
A victory for the common man.
Go Boris go :)
Plain Peter

Re: O/T - Aliteraration

Postby Posh » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:22 pm

Peter wrote:Go Boris go

Where? Hell? In a cocked hat? Eton? Liverpool?

The election of Boris Johnson staggered me more than the election and re-election of George Bush. He's an Old Etonian buffoon, adulterer and funded by the very bankers who've put our economy in the words position its been for nearly 80 years. Remember Boris's deputy, Ray Lewis, lasted a matter of days because of his own corruption. He who lives in glass houses etc.

Peter wrote:A victory for the common man

Behave. The only common man Boris Johnson knows is the symphony and his cleaner.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:27 pm

And let's not forget he was democratically elected.
And besides, owt's better that Red Ken.
Plain Peter

Postby marky » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:39 pm

'Cept Red Ken was a distinct pale red. Boris is a buffoon. He'll last 1 term. By the way, he was an absolute disgrace at the handover of the Olympic flag in Beijing.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Posh » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:55 pm

Peter wrote:owt's better that Red Ken.

Having met and spoken to both I'd strongly disagree.

In a world of bland, wet and frankly appalling politicians of all parties Ken stood out as a risk-taker. He had the balls to take risks and take on the government, his own party and anyone else who stood in his way and for delivering for London and Londoners, however unpopular it made him. London was so congested it was damaging the economy. He developed the congestion charge in the face of massive opposition and its made a massive improvement. At the same he took on dreadful management at London Underground Limited and reformed the tube and ticketing; he invested in buses; brought the Olympics to London; reduced crime massively; and put in place policy after policy that made a difference to people's lives. I'd have a Ken any day over 99% of MPs.

Ken kept some terrible company and suffered for it (his adviser Lee Jasper lost him the election as well as the Evening Standard's vindictive and personal campaign against him). But just because your ideology stops you seeing past the end of your nose shouldn't stop you from appreciating the efforts of someone who did everything he could to mae a difference.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:21 pm

marky wrote:'Cept Red Ken was a distinct pale red. Boris is a buffoon. He'll last 1 term. By the way, he was an absolute disgrace at the handover of the Olympic flag in Beijing.

....well at least he's got rid of someone who should have gone months ago.

As for Ken, he deserves all the plaudits for his traffic policy at the very least!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:34 pm

boris johnson/ common man? the two don't really go together. is he not part of the eton elite that populates the opposition front bench. he's a moron bafoon. hopefully karma will catch up with his like it has done thatcher. couldn't help but join in the laughter on the russel brand show as him and noel gallagher laughed about her dementia.

personally i thought Ian Blair should have gone after Menezes
durhamshrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:19 pm

[quote="Peter"]And let's not forget he was democratically elected.

He sure was, I can't stand Boris but the people had a chance to speak and they spoke out against Labour they would have probaly voted for whoever stood in opposition unfortunatley it just happened to be Boris.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Boris is an outstanding politician.

I think Seb Coe had rather more to do with winning the Olympic games than Red Ken. Not many people associate Ken with winning 2 Olympic Golds !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Posh » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:42 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Boris is an outstanding politician.

He stands out certainly but as a politician? Sacked from the Tory front bench and repeatedly making offensive comments that makes Phil the Greek (Duke of Edinburgh) look saintly. His deputy (Ray Lewis) was forced to resign over over corruption with a month of being appointed. As this is his first serious job he's a long way from proving he's outstanding.

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I think Seb Coe had rather more to do with winning the Olympic games than Red Ken. Not many people associate Ken with winning 2 Olympic Golds !

Ken was in Singapore as a key part of the lobbying group including Coe and Blair. By all accounts it took all of them to secure individual votes from different IOC delegates. I'm sure persuading the Venezualan delegate to vote London had more to do with Ken's links with Hugo Chavez than a couple of gold medals. Still, don't let facts get in the way of populist sloganeering.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby badger » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:57 pm

I LOVE BORIS ;) ;)
badger

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:01 pm

Posh wrote:His deputy (Ray Lewis) was forced to resign over over corruption with a month of being appointed.

Shouldn't that read "was forced to resign over allegations of corruption"? Especially as he has vigerously denied them and suggested it was a smear campaign, for which even Ken Livingstone offered support after he had also 'been the victim' of. I'm guessing that somewhere along the line 'innocent until proven guilty' also comes in to play?

Posh wrote:Still, don't let facts get in the way of populist sloganeering.

Quite...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Posh wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Boris is an outstanding politician.

He stands out certainly but as a politician? Sacked from the Tory front bench and repeatedly making offensive comments that makes Phil the Greek (Duke of Edinburgh) look saintly. His deputy (Ray Lewis) was forced to resign over over corruption with a month of being appointed. As this is his first serious job he's a long way from proving he's outstanding.

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I think Seb Coe had rather more to do with winning the Olympic games than Red Ken. Not many people associate Ken with winning 2 Olympic Golds !

Ken was in Singapore as a key part of the lobbying group including Coe and Blair. By all accounts it took all of them to secure individual votes from different IOC delegates. I'm sure persuading the Venezualan delegate to vote London had more to do with Ken's links with Hugo Chavez than a couple of gold medals. Still, don't let facts get in the way of populist sloganeering.

It is refreshing for a politician to be politically incorrect.

Give me Boris over the smirking brainless Hazel Blears or the inept Ruth Kelly anyday.

Mandelson has been sacked from the Cabinet twice for more serious reasons than Boris's foot in mouth remarks and he is back in for a 3rd time!

And if being an adulterer bars someone from political office there would be very few politicians available for selection !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Posh » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Keith wrote:
Posh wrote:His deputy (Ray Lewis) was forced to resign over over corruption with a month of being appointed.

Shouldn't that read "was forced to resign over allegations of corruption"? Especially as he has vigerously denied them and suggested it was a smear campaign, for which even Ken Livingstone offered support after he had also 'been the victim' of. I'm guessing that somewhere along the line 'innocent until proven guilty' also comes in to play?

Posh wrote:Still, don't let facts get in the way of populist sloganeering.

Quite...

Oh come on Keith. Ray Lewis was primarily a good man promoted to a job he wasn't capable of. If there wasn't a shred of truth to the accusations he could have sued and stayed at the job and fought it. He didn't. While it's no proof of guilt it's as close as we get. Ian Blair didn't resign over his corruption allegations he resigned because he didn't get support from on of the two people who he was accountable too. Ray Lewis resigned when he got the treatment the Mail and Evening Standard dish out daily but the right didn't like it, Boris was proved weak because he failed to check Lewis's past. Sad but true.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:18 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Give me Boris over the smirking brainless Hazel Blears or the inept Ruth Kelly anyday.

All three are inept. Blears is a brown-nosing dwarf who defends the indefensible, Kelly I dislike for being led more by her devout Catholicism than her political beliefs (not dis-similar to Geraldine Smith).

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Mandelson has been sacked from the Cabinet twice for more serious reasons than Boris's foot in mouth remarks and he is back in for a 3rd time!

I don't like Mandelson but in the same you defend Boris Johnson he's actually very good at what he does despite annoying the hell out of people - he's worth about 20 Hazel Blears. A very divisive appointment though - if brave.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby CASS » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:28 pm

What ever way you sway..This is from today's TIMES.
Err I don't buy this paper..free for all at the "Sausage"
Attachments
peterbrookes385_408713a.jpg
peterbrookes385_408713a.jpg (49.31 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Posh, you obviously relish this sort of thread.
What are your credentials and life experiences post 6th Form?
Plain Peter

Postby Curly » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:59 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:boris johnson/ common man? the two don't really go together. is he not part of the eton elite that populates the opposition front bench. he's a moron bafoon. hopefully karma will catch up with his like it has done thatcher. couldn't help but join in the laughter on the russel brand show as him and noel gallagher laughed about her dementia.

personally i thought Ian Blair should have gone after Menezes

The common man/Boris Johnson bit sticks in my throat too.
Will the common man now be invited to join the Bullingdon diners club? and would they want to? I doubt it. :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:34 am

Peter wrote:Posh, you obviously relish this sort of thread.
What are your credentials and life experiences post 6th Form?

oh, you are so going to regret that one! Posh, you'll get away with three name drops only, after that, I start editing your post! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am rubbish with mobile phones, I used to be REALLY rubbish. Post Margate match many seasons back, I borrowed Posh's mobile to phone work and swap days off, allowing me to stay in Margate (sleeping on Sean's floor). Being both drunk and a twonk, I didn't just hang up, I switched the phone off. Problem is I couldn't find Posh to give it back and he left Margate without it, unable to find me...

I left the phone at my mum & dad's. Posh had to drive up from London just to get it urgently... I know it had John Prescott's phone number in the address book which he needed.

One name dropped... three to go! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:31 am

Keith wrote:One name dropped... three to go! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oy. Don't forget I did a few years in the Diplomatic Corps, and could drop a few names if I could be arsed.

It doesn't bother me where BJ was educated, or what societies he or may not belong too.
He's a character, an intelligent bloke, people warm to him, and he'll do a good job without creating all sorts of quangos that Red Ken was infamous for.
Aye, the Congestion Charge might have been a good thing. But what happened? Commuters turned to Public Transport. Then the fares began to rise, and some people returned to their cars. So the Congestion Charge was increased again, and these people went back to Public Transport. And so fares increased. The cycle continues.
Don't give a toss about Ray Lewis being the wrong man either. It happens all the time. I mean ffs Peter Mandelson. Now he does scare me.
Oh, and how many of those Lefty front benchers come from the same club?
Plain Peter

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Posh wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Give me Boris over the smirking brainless Hazel Blears or the inept Ruth Kelly anyday.

All three are inept. Blears is a brown-nosing dwarf who defends the indefensible, Kelly I dislike for being led more by her devout Catholicism than her political beliefs (not dis-similar to Geraldine Smith).

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Mandelson has been sacked from the Cabinet twice for more serious reasons than Boris's foot in mouth remarks and he is back in for a 3rd time!

I don't like Mandelson but in the same you defend Boris Johnson he's actually very good at what he does despite annoying the hell out of people - he's worth about 20 Hazel Blears. A very divisive appointment though - if brave.

I would suggest the last line should read - A very divisive appointment though - if stupid.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Joel Ninety » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:07 pm

I've not really taken much time to look into Boris or Ken's backgrounds and all that, but since moving to London and Boris Johnson taking office he has kept a good media profile. I can't stand the Conservatives but as Mayor he seems to be having a good go at making the city better for the people. Air conditioned underground trains and his efforts to tackle youth and knife crime are just a few of the things he is working on that I can recall, and I would be happy to see him succeed with those.

Just so long as his election doesn't mean David Cameron is going to be the next PM. That man is ridiculous.
Joel Ninety

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Peter wrote:What are your credentials and life experiences post 6th Form?

Peter wrote:Oy. Don't forget I did a few years in the Diplomatic Corps, and could drop a few names if I could be arsed.

Ah, but Peter, the difference is, no one was challenging you to 'prove' yourself before you were allowed to have an opinion. Even if Posh was still in the 6th Form, he would be entitled to express his opinion, as long as it isn't aggressive, illegal or falls into any of the other categories that we make up from time to time simply for our own amusement.

And while I have no doubt about your history in the Diplomatic Corps, I do sometimes wonder if you remember any of it? (Being diplomatic that is!) ;) :lol: :roll: :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:23 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:Air conditioned underground trains

He can't take the credit for that. That was part of the long-term plan about 7 years ago!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:29 pm

Keith wrote:And while I have no doubt about your history in the Diplomatic Corps, I do sometimes wonder if you remember any of it? (Being diplomatic that is!) ;) :lol: :roll: :roll:

Hey, that's why I resigned.
Plain Peter

Next

Return to General Discussion