Vincent Kompany at the Globe!

Vincent Kompany at the Globe!

Postby jmatkinson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Just got his autograph! Watching his brother. And he seemed to be enjoying himself. Giving the odd wave or smile to the fans chanting his name. :)
jmatkinson

Re: Vincent Kompany at the Globe!

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:14 pm

And how did his brother play in his second appearance for the Ressie's mate ?

Good prospect from what I've heard.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby jmatkinson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:23 pm

He did well. Took a knock to the head early on so played 90% of the match with a bandage but it didn't seem to affect him going into aerial challenges. Played left midfield rather than left back like last week. In first half he seemed to lack a bit of pace slightly but once he got going I believe he played well. Kept his head up even after the goals, and as you say, looks a good prospect for the future.
jmatkinson

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Good stuff, thanks mate.

I didn't realise he had played for Macc last season :

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDeta ... 50,00.html
Seasider9601

Postby jmatkinson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:32 pm

He has also played for Germinal Beerschot
jmatkinson

Postby Christies Child » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Nothing special. With a much reduced squad in numbers and a reduced budget next season, players like him are two a penny. Whoever is the manager (Sammy, Jim or maybe Graham Alexandra ;) ) will have to work within a stricter financial package. Therefore players will have to show far more potential to be in the squad.

Ideally a playing squad of around 18 with 6 youth development players and loanees as and when necessary is the way forward.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mfcbro » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:20 am

I dont think we will have 6 youth players that are good enough,Dont think they have done that well even in their league this season.
mfcbro

Postby George Dawes » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:31 am

Christies Child wrote:
Ideally a playing squad of around 18 with 6 youth development players and loanees as and when necessary is the way forward.

that's what id like to see quality not quantity, and if Sammy does stay it would probably work in his and our favour he wouldn't be able to tinker as much every week making the team to unsettled.

bare bones is the way forward and better for building team spirit.
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:40 am

The PNE goalkeeper was mentioned on SVs last close season as a possible back up keeper to our No1.

A local lad I understand formerly at Rovers.

Didn't have much to do but looked confident when called upon.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:24 am

I saw Kompany in the mcdonalds, think were signing him on loan
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby LA1Shrimp » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:36 am

Why would we be signing Francois Kompany on loan? He wouldn't be eligible to play for the first team due to player registration restrictions and as far as I am aware is currently unattached, so who would we be loaning him from?

He has been kicking around the reserves for a few months now, if we were going to sign him we would have done so before the transfer window shut for the final time this season.
LA1Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 am

I would think that the club are looking at him as a possible replacement for Wilson if he doesnt renew his contract.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:21 am

ezz wrote:I saw Kompany in the mcdonalds, think were signing him on loan

:lol:
Seasider9601

Postby LA1Shrimp » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:29 am

He couldn't get a game at Macc says it all for me really, I really don't understand pursuing players like this. He wouldn't get near a trial if his brother wasn't a pro.
LA1Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:46 am

LA1Shrimp wrote:Why would we be signing Francois Kompany on loan? He wouldn't be eligible to play for the first team due to player registration restrictions and as far as I am aware is currently unattached, so who would we be loaning him from?

He has been kicking around the reserves for a few months now, if we were going to sign him we would have done so before the transfer window shut for the final time this season.

:lol: Huge woooooosh!!!!!
Sammy h

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:48 am

LA1Shrimp wrote:He couldn't get a game at Macc says it all for me really, I really don't understand pursuing players like this. He wouldn't get near a trial if his brother wasn't a pro.

Vincent Kompany will have an agent. I'd assume the same agent tries to pedal his brother about as a favour.

Morecambe tend to listen to agents.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Aal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Their dad is the agent for both brothers...and he was the only bloke wearing a tie last night at the game!! :D
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby George Dawes » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:08 pm

LA1Shrimp wrote:Why would we be signing Francois Kompany on loan? He wouldn't be eligible to play for the first team due to player registration restrictions and as far as I am aware is currently unattached, so who would we be loaning him from?

good shout!
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Sammy h wrote:

:lol: Huge woooooosh!!!!!

MASSIVELY SO! It made me smile.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby james456 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:19 am

goneshrimping wrote:
LA1Shrimp wrote:He couldn't get a game at Macc says it all for me really, I really don't understand pursuing players like this. He wouldn't get near a trial if his brother wasn't a pro.

Vincent Kompany will have an agent. I'd assume the same agent tries to pedal his brother about as a favour.

Morecambe tend to listen to agents.

*Cough*Stuart Hendrie?*Cough*
james456

Postby carfletch » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:49 pm

he may have got the impression that we dont get many celebrities at morecambe, with the songs and shouting from the crowd. :)
carfletch

Return to General Discussion