Praise from Gills fans for our back 4

Praise from Gills fans for our back 4

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:32 am

http://www.fansonline.net/gillingham/mb ... ?id=130756

rather confirms the feelings of quite a few who believe our main problems lie in midfield.

Our back 4 + Baz together with players like Charnock , Wilson , Holdsworth etc are fine for next season assuming they all stay although I think only Wilson and Holdsworth are out of contract.

Up front with Mullers retiring if we can retain Jimmy Spencer and Danny together with Jevons then one more striker signed in the Summer and that department will look fine.

Then theres midfield :( I would like to see Kevan Hurst signed on a permanent contract. Drummy is still playing ok and can do a job. Assuming Stanners goes to the English Riviera then we need some big pacy midfielders signing on. The guy from Macclesfield would be a good addition.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Praise from Gills fans for our back 4

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Mr Bencherif of Macclesfield please :) ! Drummond's legs are going. We need another centre mid, especially if Stanners goes to Torquay.
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:48 pm

a fit Paul Scott, Drummond, Hurst, Fleming and getting that Jimmy Ryan signed up will do for central midfield places next season and i still think its out wide getting decent pacy wingers in should be a priority giving us more balance

next season i just want a small squad then Sammy cant tinker with the team making it unsettled week in week out, give me bare bones all the way 8-)
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:19 pm

"their blonde defender and their keeper kept them in the game'
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:21 pm

marky No.1 wrote:"their blonde defender and their keeper kept them in the game'

Our 2 best players this season.
heysham_mfc

Postby scalehallshrimp » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Drummy is still playing ok
has he not from where i have been watching,trying to play the clever ball when we were in trouble.One game played the samew ball from midfield down the left wing 5 times with no success.No time to retire
scalehallshrimp

Return to General Discussion