80th minute sub...

80th minute sub...

Postby Christies Child » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm usually very critical of our policy of subs in the last 10 minutes however I'd be well pleased if, in the 80th minute of our last home game v Northampton, irrespective of score that Mullers was given a final 10 minute spell as a most welcome sub.

It would give each and every one of us the chance to say thanks and farewell to somebody who made a mssive contribution to our play off campaign last season.

I've a feeling that Mullers would like to say goodbye as well.

How about it.....???????

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: 80th minute sub...

Postby George Dawes » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:04 pm

and what about saying farewell to Capaldi aswell? :lol:

or better still play a full team of players who's contracts are up and will/could be leaving us even :o

Walker
Holdsworth Haining Bentley Capaldi
Hurst Brown Drummond Wilson
Carlton Mullin

subs

Spencer
Shuker
Wainwright
?
?
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:15 pm

DawZi wrote:and what about saying farewell to Capaldi aswell? :lol:

or better still play a full team of players who's contracts are up and will/could be leaving us even :o

Walker
Holdsworth Haining Bentley Capaldi
Hurst Brown Drummond Wilson
Carlton Mullin

subs

Spencer
Shuker
Wainwright
?
?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother......cheers DawZi :roll: :roll: :roll:
Christies Child

Postby Bare Ben » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Christies Child wrote:Sometimes I wonder why I bother......

Maybe if you stopped moaning about the quality performances of Niall Cowperthwaite people might listen to you :roll: :roll:
Bare Ben

Postby George Dawes » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:23 pm

didn't mean offence CC :?

just pointing out there's a few players i bet people would like to say farewell to even Craig Stanley i forgot to mention him although he could still feature this season now his loan is up at Torquay
George Dawes

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:34 pm

If we are mathmatically safe then i would love to see the team Dawzi suggested. Just stick Drummy on the bench and put Stanners in his place.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:46 am

Christies Child wrote:I'm usually very critical of our policy of subs in the last 10 minutes however I'd be well pleased if, in the 80th minute of our last home game v Northampton, irrespective of score that Mullers was given a final 10 minute spell as a most welcome sub.

It would give each and every one of us the chance to say thanks and farewell to somebody who made a mssive contribution to our play off campaign last season.

I've a feeling that Mullers would like to say goodbye as well.

How about it.....???????

:D :D :D

For what it's worth, I think that's a decent idea, as long as we go in to the game mathematically safe.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sharpy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:57 am

well i for one hope he doesnt use that waste of space and money! you should have to earn playing time which he hasn't.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Sharpy wrote:well i for one hope he doesnt use that waste of space and money! you should have to earn playing time which he hasn't.
huh are you saying Mullin doesn't graft ?
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Sharpy wrote:well i for one hope he doesnt use that waste of space and money! you should have to earn playing time which he hasn't.

He's earned our respect......something that probably escapes you.
Christies Child

Postby Sharpy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:12 pm

not saying he doesn't graft, just that he is shite. and tbh, id rather eat a cactus than earn your respect cc.
Sharpy

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Christies Child wrote:

He's earned our respect......something that probably escapes you.

NEIL!!! Obviously Sharpy is either a WUM or didn't watch Morecambe last season. If he didn't watch us last season and still makes such a rude comment, then you shouldn't be wasting your time responding and if he's a wind up merchant then you shouldn't bite. One day I'll train you! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 pm

How about playing on 7th May the players who for various reasons underachieved or had injuries,were elsewhere or warmed the bench a lot....

Walker

Haining Scott Bentley Capaldi

Wainwright Shuker Stanley Rundle

Mullin Hendrie

Subs: Brown Aley Wraighte Jones(GK)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Shrimpy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:32 pm

Saying we should play players out of sentiment or giving the fringe players a run out is all well and good but if Northampton are still in with a chance of going down then we need to play our strongest team and approach it in a professional manner to keep the integrity of the league in tact.

If a team got relegated based on Northampton taking advantage of beating us with a weakened team you wouldnt be happy if you were the side that went down.
Shrimpy

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Shrimpy wrote:Saying we should play players out of sentiment or giving the fringe players a run out is all well and good but if Northampton are still in with a chance of going down then we need to play our strongest team and approach it in a professional manner to keep the integrity of the league in tact.

If a team got relegated based on Northampton taking advantage of beating us with a weakened team you wouldnt be happy if you were the side that went down.

never looked at it that way. clubs have been deducted points that kind of thing, although i think if you have a squad of registered first team players it should up to the manager who he plays

i think Ian Holloway got in trouble for it this season and had to good go back about the injustice of it
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:17 pm

Sharpy wrote:not saying he doesn't graft, just that he is shite. and tbh, id rather eat a cactus than earn your respect cc.

Can be arranged.... :!:
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:43 pm

I doubt if having a player who is retiring, on the bench, would be seen as a 'weakened squad'. The other players mentioned earlier may well be leaving, but their career is unlikely to be over, so I think there is a huge difference. Even if Paul doesn't come on the pitch, it would still be nice to say farewell and 'thank you'. We've had a game or two this season where we didn't even have a full bench, so I can't see it being a problem.

It would of course be dependent upon him being fit enough to play those ten minutes? Or he may want to remember his last game as being a goal scorer?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mighty Red » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:10 pm

How about CC as mascot?

I can see him in little shorts .........

Err, best not.
Mighty Red

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Mighty Red wrote:How about CC as mascot?

I can see him in little shorts .........

Err, best not.

Cheeky bustard..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Postby mfcbro » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:13 pm

If he doesnt get a game he will be at the presentation evening when we can wish him all the best.
mfcbro

Return to General Discussion