Latest From Sammy Ahead Of The Weekend - Listen Here....

Latest From Sammy Ahead Of The Weekend - Listen Here....

Postby The Bay » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:31 pm

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Latest From Sammy Ahead Of The Weekend - Listen Here....

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Very true reflection by our leader regarding this season....Gillingham away is as hard as it comes (only 2 defeats in last 25)
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm bloody glad that I'm not suicidal listening to that. I'm only glad that we are no longer in a relegation battle ( :?: ) otherwise our manager could just tip me over the edge.

Just for once it'd be nice to hear him stop moaning about this and that, and be bubbly and full of Irish wit that he used to be.

Maybe he's got a lot on his mind with regards to his future but he's a responsiblity to the fans to make us freel confident for the weekend ahead!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby J.S. » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Christies Child wrote:I'm bloody glad that I'm not suicidal listening to that. I'm only glad that we are no longer in a relegation battle ( :?: ) otherwise our manager could just tip me over the edge.

Just for once it'd be nice to hear him stop moaning about this and that, and be bubbly and full of Irish wit that he used to be.

Maybe he's got a lot on his mind with regards to his future but he's a responsiblity to the fans to make us freel confident for the weekend ahead!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Reading some of the moaning ****s on here has probably rubbed off on him!!
J.S.

Postby outsider » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Christies Child wrote:I'm bloody glad that I'm not suicidal listening to that. I'm only glad that we are no longer in a relegation battle ( :?: ) otherwise our manager could just tip me over the edge.

No he doesn't he has a responsibilaty to the team, us fans will sort our selves out on the way down.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby parkyboy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Stop moaning C C
parkyboy

Postby parkyboy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Sammy is only saying how he feels about saturdays game and the est of the season and is being honest about the situation.You cant expect him to be doing a jig and singing from the housetops when he knows we are not toyally out of the relegation fight ,and you know that as well CC so support him and the team to the end of the season and stop putting the boot in every chance you get
parkyboy

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:34 pm

outsider wrote:

No he doesn't he has a responsibilaty to the team, us fans will sort our selves out on the way down.

You obviously haven't listened to the upbeat tones of Phil Brown at PNE who knows how to install a hell of a lot of optomism in both his team and the fans despite their position. Our manager could do well to take note!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parkyboy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Preston are not even as safe as the Shrimps appear to be and Sammy has always praised the majority of fans
parkyboy

Postby seasonsinthesun » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:30 pm

I think what CC means is that when listening to Phil Brown it sounds like he is managing a team near the top of the league, not seven points adrift near the bottom.
He uses words like "belief, motivation, togetherness."
Having said all that, they look like they're still going down.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby jonnythedog » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:48 pm

I suppose the interview did sound a little flat. That said, it was probably done in a office with very poor acoustics (courtesy of Globe Construction maybe) where I can imagine that it can be very hard to create a positive atmosphere for radio.... or something....

To be fair I thought it was a pretty honest interview from Sammy, the Gillingham game will be tough and we've got to keep pushing, fair enough. CC's response probably betrays his own mindset rather than Sammy's.
jonnythedog

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:24 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:I think what CC means is that when listening to Phil Brown it sounds like he is managing a team near the top of the league, not seven points adrift near the bottom.
He uses words like "belief, motivation, togetherness."
Having said all that, they look like they're still going down.

"Fire in the belly, and ice in the mind" was how Phil Brown described his squad on Radio Lancs this morning. Fire in the belly for when the opposition have the ball, and ice in the mind for when PNE are in posession and to play football.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Return to General Discussion