Andy Parrish
Garry Hunter
Phil Jevons
Paul Scott
Adam Rundle
Andy Fleming
Chris McCready
Keiron Charnock

Not sure about Scott Brown as he extended in January?

If you compare that with Accrington's one, Ian Craney, then we actually have quite a few already signed for next season.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... t/?ref=rss
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Contracted Players for Next Season

Postby Christies Child » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:50 am

marky No.1 wrote:Barry Roche
Andy Parrish
Garry Hunter
Phil Jevons
Paul Scott
Adam Rundle
Andy Fleming
Chris McCready
Keiron Charnock

If you compare that with Accrington's one, Ian Craney, then we actually have quite a few already signed for next season.

4 of that list should be on their way for me.
The days of 2 and even 3 year contracts at our club could be over.
PJ should have his contract reviewed with a restructured one based on performance. :?:

As for the Stanley article, all credit to their negotiating skills in the first instance to get their entire squad albeit for Craney on 1 year deals by the sounds of it. I'm surprised that we find ourselves offering 2 , even 3 year contracts to some players with the number of proven businessmen on our Board who are used to dealing at the highest levels of commerce. However it wouldn't come as much of a surprise if things started to change in terms of players contracts.
Last edited by Christies Child on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:51 am

Hopefully looking forward to seeing Paul Scott make a real impact next season after he's recovered from his injury.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:05 am

Christies Child wrote:The days of 2 and even 3 year contracts at our club could be over.

I thought they were getting longer

MfcChris wrote:Hendrie to get a 5 year contract. You heard it here first

Christies Child wrote:I'm surprised that we find ourselves offering 2 , even 3 year contracts to some players

Personally I am very thankful that Baz & Paz got longer deals.
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:41 am

Christies Child wrote:
Andy Parrish
Garry Hunter
Phil Jevons
Paul Scott
Adam Rundle
Andy Fleming
Chris McCready
Keiron Charnock

4 of that list should be on their way for me.
The days of 2 and even 3 year contracts at our club could be over.
PJ should have his contract reviewed with a restructured one based on performance. :?:

As for the Stanley article, all credit to their negotiating skills in the first instance to get their entire squad albeit for Craney on 1 year deals by the sounds of it. I'm surprised that we find ourselves offering 2 , even 3 year contracts to some players with the number of proven businessmen on our Board who are used to dealing at the highest levels of commerce. However it wouldn't come as much of a surprise if things started to change in terms of players contracts.

Don't 100% agree thats a good thing, this means any of their players can quite easily be snapped up for nothing. We should give 2 year deals to players who may potentially earn us a nice transfer fee, your duffys and your bakers......mainly players with flair at this level as they get noticed.
Roche should get a 5 year deal too :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:45 am

Christies Child wrote:The days of 2 and even 3 year contracts at our club could be over.

Neil that's fairly illogical thinking.

As John Coleman has shown, if you bring in good enough players then you can sell them on. You simply can't do effectively with one year deals. As a result he could get Accy promoted but only have one player in his squad. In Accy's case I think some of the players wanted one year deals because of the insecurity over the club and its future.

The problem isn't the length of contracts (two years seems to be the norm) but the players you bring in. Journeymen pros whose agents have been around the block know how to squeeze long contracts, big salaries and big signing-on fees. Unfortunately we get lumbered with a disproportionate number of them who think its a gravy train that they can ride with their feet up until the contract is up. However with youngsters like Duffs and Carl Baker we need the security of a longer contract to maximise their value, if and when they come to leave.

The problem isn't the player's contracts its the players themselves. And in my view that's what needs to change.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:58 am

I am fearing the likes of Leon Knight appearing for a trial in the close season if the current management team stay in place.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:00 pm

How long have Baz and Paz got is it another year? If so should we be thinking about looking at extensions or we could loose them next January for a small fee.

I didn't realise Jevons had another year maybe say to him he will prob be on the bench next season so he can look for another club if he wants.

Charnock, Rundle & Scott can go for me on that list, it's a shame Rundle never really got a chance but somethings gone wrong somewhere. Scott is 32/33 so will he always have injurys problems now.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:21 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I didn't realise Jevons had another year maybe say to him he will prob be on the bench next season so he can look for another club if he wants.

Jevons somewhat disappointing for me this term, after last seasons displays.

But yes, maybe the time has come to cut the ties close season.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:35 pm

P/T Indie wrote:How long have Baz and Paz got is it another year?

Sssshhhh!!! Don't want to make it too easy for the peeping Scouts and Agents!

Scott is 31 by the way, before you age him even quicker! :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Lloydie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:37 pm

I'd offer contracts to McCready, Holdsworth and Carlton for next season and a mass trim of the rest.

All depends on who the gaffer is come June/July
Lloydie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Lloydie wrote:I'd offer contracts to McCready, Holdsworth and Carlton for next season and a mass trim of the rest.

I think McCready signed a 2 year contract so still has a year to run. Ive been impressed by him and although it won't happen him and Haining next season wouldnt be a bad central defensive pairing with Charnock as back-up. Parrish or Holdsworth as right back and then there is only the left back position to fill if Wilson moves on.

A contract for Holdsworth and Danny also would be a good move and if Kevan Hurst is available he would be a good acquisition.

If only one of Accys players are under contract I would like to think we are making contract offers to Jimmy Ryan , McConville , Gornell and Edwards.

I will be amazed if we have a different Gaffer next season.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Lloydie wrote:I'd offer contracts to McCready, Holdsworth and Carlton for next season and a mass trim of the rest.

I think McCready signed a 2 year contract so still has a year to run. Ive been impressed by him and although it won't happen him and Haining next season wouldnt be a bad central defensive pairing with Charnock as back-up. Parrish or Holdsworth as right back and then there is only the left back position to fill if Wilson moves on.

A contract for Holdsworth and Danny also would be a good move and if Kevan Hurst is available he would be a good acquisition.

If only one of Accys players are under contract I would like to think we are making contract offers to Jimmy Ryan , McConville , Gornell and Edwards.

Agree wholeheartedly, I personally hope we don't have a different gaffer, and I would add that the left back position is only so vulnerable due to the lack of quality in Cowperthwaite.

xxxxx
Bare Ben

Postby Sharpy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Will Huddersfield want Spencer next year if they get promoted? if not then may aswell make a go at getting him. get shot of muggins the moment we can
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby George Dawes » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Andy Parrish
Garry Hunter
Phil Jevons
Paul Scott
Adam Rundle
Andy Fleming
Chris McCready
Keiron Charnock

not a bad list of players that plus if you add Carlton, Wilson, Holdsworth, Hurst, Brown and Spencer i suppose he would be alright on another season long lone

with addiction of a couple of pacy attackers then thats a good squad to work with for next season
George Dawes

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:22 pm

Parrish needs sorting out now.
I know he has another year, but with the number of scouts that have been keeping a keen eye on him, I expect him to be offered contracts at higher clubs and wouldn't be surprised that if we don't sort him out an extended contract, come the end of his contract he walks.

Our best performer week in week out by a country mile and I wouldn't expect him to be the highest paid employee.
morecambe mick

Postby steve mfc » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:52 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Parrish needs sorting out now.
I know he has another year, but with the number of scouts that have been keeping a keen eye on him, I expect him to be offered contracts at higher clubs and wouldn't be surprised that if we don't sort him out an extended contract, come the end of his contract he walks.

Our best performer week in week out by a country mile and I wouldn't expect him to be the highest paid employee.

Totally agree with what you say, personally i would offer him a three year extension, doesn't mean he wouldn't or cant leave to play at a higher level but at least we would get a decent fee.

Its always going to be a gamble when you offer players a contract of more that one year, they might get injured or loose form but on the other hand we cant afford to keep loosing our best players for a small fee or nothing at all.
steve mfc

Postby Harry MFC » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:06 am

Sharpy wrote:Will Huddersfield want Spencer next year if they get promoted? if not then may aswell make a go at getting him. get shot of muggins the moment we can

I don't think so. Huddersfield are doing well without him. Sign him up!
Harry MFC

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:23 am

Hurst should get a contract I think. He's done quite well for us. Haining should get a contract as well. He did a good job at right back on Saturday. Also, it would allow Parrish to remain at centre back with McCready so we can build up a partnership between them. Does anyone know the situation with Wilson?
Little Shrimp

Postby Pobble » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:33 am

It will be a bloody disaster if there is no change.
Pobble

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:08 am

Harry MFC wrote:
Sharpy wrote:Will Huddersfield want Spencer next year if they get promoted? if not then may aswell make a go at getting him. get shot of muggins the moment we can

I hope so I wouldn't be to upset with a front two of Carlton & Spencer next season.

With Carlton & Spencer it gives us a bit more pace which make me think we still need a midfielder who can make a defence splitting pass. When do we ever a score a goal where the Central Midfielder puts a ball through for the striker to run onto.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Ntini » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:17 am

P/T Indie wrote:
Harry MFC wrote:

I hope so I wouldn't be to upset with a front two of Carlton & Spencer next season.

With Carlton & Spencer it gives us a bit more pace which make me think we still need a midfielder who can make a defence splitting pass. When do we ever a score a goal where the Central Midfielder puts a ball through for the striker to run onto.

Or indeed a decent winger to replace Duffy that can get dangerous balls into the box. I'm not unhappy with the Spencer-Carlton partnership and feel that it could get us a decent amount of goals next season, but I've been unimpressed with our midfield for a few seasons now. Duffy was the last spark that we had, and so we need to build from there.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby MfcChris » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:24 pm

We sign Spencer and then he turns sh!t like Blinkhorn did?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Sharpy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:06 pm

blinkhorn was a lot older, you sign spencer and he has time ahead of him. play him off the bench if needs be and have DC as a lone striker if he has a run of bad form. would need a decent winger and attacking mid tho
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Harry » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:50 pm

IMO Blinkhorns demise was as a result of us getting promoted, and his style not suiting this league. If Danny signs for us, and Huddersfield don't need Spencer due to their promotion, I wouldnt be against those 2 as a front pairing with Jevons on the bench and hopefully a taller youngster on loan from Huddersfield/Blackburn/whoever who we can have as an option.
Harry

Next

Return to General Discussion