census o/t

census o/t

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Had a visit yesterday whist at work informing me that i hadnt completed the census form yet, what I dont understand is if the informations are used for future planning of public services like transport, health care etc, they dont need my name or my exact date of birth, info about the gender, age or general health, whether Im employed or not might be useful, but they dont need to know my name or the name of organisation I work for, it's just weird!!

And why is an american arms company (lockheed martin) involved in gathering the info :shock: which i believe also collects info for the C.I.A :?: :shock
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: census o/t

Postby Morectalk » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Why the f**k did they visit you at work, surely a reminder letter home would have been adequate??
Morectalk

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:30 pm

Morectalk wrote:Why the f**k did they visit you at work, surely a reminder letter home would have been adequate??

If they know where you work, why did they need to ask?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Is it me, or .... if you hadn't yet filled the form in, how did they KNOW where you worked ?
Maybe I've missed something.

(BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEITH MATE ;) )
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Is it me, or .... if you hadn't yet filled the form in, how did they KNOW where you worked ?
Maybe I've missed something.

(BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEITH MATE ;) )

I have a buisness card in my home porch window to try and generate more buisness :oops: :evil:

Anyway does anyone else feel that the questions asked in the form are intrusive,I certainly do........??
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Ah, I see mate. Fair enough !!

The questions ARE intrusive, yes. However, they're not as bad as they used to be.

I distinctly remember helping my dad one year (many years ago !!) to measure all the rooms as he filled in our Census of the time ! They wanted to know the dimensions of EVERY room in the house !!

Now THAT was intrusive ...... !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Joel Ninety » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:37 pm

I don't really get what everyone's problem is with filling in the census forms. There's plenty of cooing about it when people can find out what their ancestors were up to 100 years ago, but as soon as they have to tick a few boxes its like someone's asking them to test out the brand new Trebor Cyanide Mint. And don't get me started on the "I'm a vocal Atheist" tribe, they are as bad as militant vegetarians.
Joel Ninety

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:20 am

I liked the accompanying form with all the different languages on it. Never heard of half of them.
If people don't parlez anglais or more to the point read English, then how could they understand what the language form was all about, telling them them could fill in a form in their own language? :?
How does the ONS know how many forms of each language to print anyway, or do they just photocopy a master everytime they get a request?
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion