Hereford deducted 3 points for fielding ineligible player

Hereford deducted 3 points for fielding ineligible player

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:05 pm

This has been rumbling on for quite some time, was widely expected that there would be a points deduction but has today been confirmed as a 3 points deduction for fielding an ineligible player against Torquay.
LA1Shrimp

Re: Hereford deducted 3 points for fielding ineligible player

Postby outsider » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Torquay have been done as well for the same game, but on got a 1 point deduction ?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Were Torquay been investigated for 2 players as we were wondering if Stanners was one of them?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:40 pm

I think the Hereford problem was due to missing registration deadlines. Not heard the full details yet, the Torquay one being a single point would lead me to believe it was an admin error on a players registration or something of the sort.
LA1Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:17 pm

They've won one of their last seven, they now go below Northampton, Burton have two games in hand, Barnet are capable of picking up a few points under Allen. I wouldn't be quite so confident as their chairman about their ability to avoid the drop.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:25 pm

shrimper wrote:They've won one of their last seven, they now go below Northampton, Burton have two games in hand, Barnet are capable of picking up a few points under Allen. I wouldn't be quite so confident as their chairman about their ability to avoid the drop.

I agree, I was looking at Hereford's remaining games and they look like the fixtures from hell. Hard to pick a winnable game for them.

It will give Stockport a bit of hope.

I just hope we can beat Burton to take the pressure off us.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I was looking at Hereford's remaining games and they look like the fixtures from hell. Hard to pick a winnable game for them.

Monday 25th April? :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm

Keith wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I was looking at Hereford's remaining games and they look like the fixtures from hell. Hard to pick a winnable game for them.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sammy h

Postby J.S. » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Keith wrote:

I can't believe that thought even entered your head Keith. :shock:
J.S.

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:59 pm

J.S. wrote:I can't believe that thought even entered your head Keith. :shock:

No, particularly after J.S. scored that cracking goal on Saturday!

So Hereford missed the registration deadline of Rob Purdie by 2 hours and Torquay missed by 10 hours with Jake Robinson. Both are fined 10K. Hereford are appealing the decision which may be overturned just before they play the last game of the season!

Hereford won the game 3.1 , I can only assume that they are getting docked more points because they won !

Can't be happy with that decision
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Ntini » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:26 am

The powers that be were obviously deliberating over how many points and so settled with the scoreline!

On a more serious note though, the points deduction makes no sense at all. I don't agree with the Hereford Chariman who has said that Torquay were more in the wrong because their submission was later. If you're late, you're late! The more sensible option would have been to void the game and deduct them both one point on top (therefore Hereford would lose 4 points and Torquay 1 if you get my drift).
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Shrimpy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:01 am

I'm fairly sure the general rule for things like this are that you lose all points gained during the time that the player played for you with a minimum of a 1 point deduction, hence why Torquay lost 1 point and Hereford lost 3. Had Torquay won the game then Torquay would have been deducted 3 points and Hereford just the 1.

It's a similar situation to the time that Altrincham got deducted a ridiculous amount of points for fielding an unregistered player a few years ago.

Fairly sensible points deductions in my opinion.
Last edited by Shrimpy on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shrimpy

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:28 am

Thankful it's not us anyway. This will add even a bit more spice to the run in and will give Barnet inparticular another straw to cling on to who will be watching our 3 home games with great interest, just like accy will be following our 3 Away games :o

"In that respect, Hereford United have little to complain about, as they have lost all three of their points earned that night in a 3-1 win – their punishment is consistent with the past, and ordinarily they would have no complaints. However, in a more baffling decision, Torquay have been deducted a point despite losing – the first ever instance in the Football League of a club “earning” negative points for a game, as a result it become a much harsher punishment for the same crime. Such a decision defies belief, and suggests that Torquay’s crime is worse than any other on-pitch transgression in Football League history"

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=11766
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion