TONY CAPALDI APOLOGISES OVER TWITTER ROW - Listen Here....

TONY CAPALDI APOLOGISES OVER TWITTER ROW - Listen Here....

Postby The Bay » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:21 pm

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: TONY CAPALDI APOLOGISES OVER TWITTER ROW - Listen Here....

Postby Duffman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:28 pm

For those of us at work (or are deaf) and can't listen to it can anyone summarise?
Duffman

Postby feelingguilty » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:28 pm

Sorry excuse for a human being realising no one wants him and his fooltballing career is in serious danger of coming to an end - no manager will touch him!!!
feelingguilty

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Good to the point questions there Dave.

Briefly:

It was a laugh and a joke but when it was brought to my attention. The fans are very loyal to Morecambe FC

I am deeply apologetic. When I looked back I understood and cancelled my account

Message to the Fans - I can see why a lot of people are upset.

I've been foolish and nieve

Bit surprised at the reaction

I am loyal to Morecambe

"The fans on the message board think you are public enemy Number 1 and are concerned you don't care"

I do care.

I always work my socks off

Spoke to some players who are fine with it. This happens in changing rooms

Havn't spoken to the manager yet but have with the Directors.

I think it was pub players, not pub team which was a dig at myself really

"you cticised training methods"
Playing Sat/Tues but we trained for an hour not 20mins like I said. What an idiot I was. I was annoyed stuck in traffic for 4 hours. i set off at 7a.m. and get back about 3. It costs me a lot of money to get there. I am not glamorous like these Prem players. I certainly don't have a glamorous lifestyle

I stayed away for a week/10 days

"Do you really care"

"do you actually want to play for Morecambe" ~ that is up to the manager not me!

Fans are annoyed no matter what I say. i am not bad or arrogant. Nothing malicious.

So was he asked/told to do this or is this interview his own doing? Sounds like he has a noose round his neck and pleading to the hangman IMO
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Great summary Mark. Thank you. I am one of those at work for whom listening is blocked ....

Think he was somewhat told to do the interview IMO.

Doesn't change MY opinion of him though.

Departe sil vous plait.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Great summary Mark. Thank you. I am one of those at work for whom listening is blocked ....

Think he was somewhat told to do the interview IMO.

Doesn't change MY opinion of him though.

Departe sil vous plait.

I had to listen to it 3 times to get it "right". He has obviously cleared it and wants to leave it behind, so has not been "sacked". He was told the fans will expect a reaction and understands why "they" will be annoyed no matter what he does.

It is now down to Sammy as to whether he plays or not :roll:

Personally after Cowps debut it is he who should start at left back.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby The Bay » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:10 pm

It was at Tony's request that he spoke to the press, and he answered every question put to him (in my opinion) as fully as he could.
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Postby Ego Tripping » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Fair do's for him apologising and for doing it himself rather than through and agent or spokesperson. A few years ago i used to work in a rough pub in Hull. If somebody got barred all they had to do to be allowed back in was apologise in person to the landlord. There weren't many that did.....

Maybe he's realised that although he is obviously better than L2 standard he'll soon be in non league if he doesn't get his head down. I'll be happy to let him prove it on the pitch because that's where it counts.
Ego Tripping

Postby PottedShrimp » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Sorry, but he would say that wouldn't he? I'm not remotely convinced :( Many a truth is told in jest as they say. He should be put on a free now.
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:47 pm

fair play for apologizing but it doesn't get away from the fact he's pants and doesn't see his long term future at MFC

id rather play K Charnock(left footed) who cares and does see his future at MFC doing the left-back job for the remainder of the season who likes to battle for the ball even if he is wreckless at times out at full-back he wont be as expensive
George Dawes

Postby Joelinho » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:15 pm

It's good to see him come out and say sorry and he did sound sincere. I think his apology is more directed at future employers who may not look to favourably on his actions but fair play to him. I don't think he'll play for our club again unless a few of the injured lads take a bit longer than expected to return.

A few of our fears regarding the training regime have been put to bed as well, which is a plus.
Joelinho

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:44 pm

fair play to him for talking to the media, now for me he has to prove his worth as a footballer especially in a Morecambe shirt!!
thegentlegiant

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:09 pm

IMO Capaldi isn't good enough to be in the starting eleven anyway so twittergate is irrelevant.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:27 pm

As it's so close to the end of the season (and his contract with us), I doubt he'll play for us again to be honest.

Having said that I think this was a sincere apology and, on a personal level, it's one I'm happy to accept.

We all say and do things off the cuff without, sometimes, thinking of the consequences.

At least he hasn't tried to make out that the fans were bleating about nothing. He's said he looked back at the comments and, though he didn't mean them maliciously, he realises now how we fans (who love our club and react appropriately when something is said that may be seen as ridiculing it) could have been rightfully upset by his comments.

He admits they were out of order and has apologised. That's good enough for me.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Sammy h » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Fair play he apologised. I still think he tried to play it down a little by saying he didn't slag off the team or the training and it was a dig at himself? Yeah right, just tell the truth Tony!

Atleast he has apologised though, in person as well! He also answered every question put forward to him and well done to the interviewer who asked him everything.

I still stand by the hate campaign though -

SHOOT CRAPALDI SHOOT SHOOT CRAPALDI!
Sammy h

Postby Posh » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Gadaffi's just been on television and apologised for his all his wrongdoings in Libya and across the world. I've accepted it in good grace and I think we should just move on and let him continue slaughtering other football teams I mean innocent civilians.

(In tribute to Ezz)

The idea he didn't mean it is utterly fanciful. Apology accepted but he should drop the excuses, anybody with half a brain can see he meant it. P.S. All the posts are available on Twitter for Mobile so deleting and being forgetful of what you said doesn't wash.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Caged Lion » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:18 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:....for me he has to prove his worth as a footballer especially in a Morecambe shirt!!

I heard a snippet of the interview whilst negotiating the monsoon conditions in Kendal, despite not being able to concentrate on what he said the gist of it was sincere enough. So put that to bed and let him Twitter on.

He doesn't have to prove anything more in a Morecambe shirt, he isn't good enough to be in the team, long throw excepted. Cowperthwaite is well worth another start on Saturday, and I would much prefer a young lad who clearly wants to prove himself in a Morecambe shirt.
Caged Lion

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Even the hippies are split comrades, which reveals all:

He tweets like a twat
He tweets like a twwwaaaattt
Tony Capaldi
He tweets like a twat
RedRedWine1

Postby Harry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:42 pm

He may have apologised but for me his actions are unforgiveable, never mind the fact he is a useless player (apart from his throws) and is a lazy sod on and off the pitch.

That said, I hope he's there on Saturday so we can dish out some abuse.
Harry

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Some posters on here would do well to accept his apology for his choice of words and be a bit more selective in their language.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Christies Child wrote:Some posters on here would do well to accept his apology for his choice of words and be a bit more selective in their language.

Still love him then. :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Twat isn't sweaing, ask Keith.

His apology is pathetic, so are the people who have fallen for it. No ability, no class. I guess it's easy to forgive him when you've openly declared admiration for him based on the usual whim. I take little pleasure (honestly) from saying his being here is a complete insult to the management, the board, his colleagues, and the supporters.
RedRedWine1

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:58 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Twat isn't sweaing, ask Keith.

His apology is pathetic, so are the people who have fallen for it. No ability, no class. I guess it's easy to forgive him when you've openly declared admiration for him based on the usual whim. I take little pleasure (honestly) from saying his being here is a complete insult to the management, the board, his colleagues, and the supporters.

If were going to start swearing on here i will call you a self opionated [edit] ,is that allowed keith????????????????????????????

[edit: No, apparently it isn't]
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Joel Ninety » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:17 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:Twat isn't sweaing, ask Keith.

If were going to start swearing on here i will call you a self opionated...,is that allowed keith????????????????????????????

Yes, because its not even a word. You probably heard it here first.
Joel Ninety

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:33 pm

If you want to make a point, learn to spell. I don't take myself or anything I write on here seriously at all. Those that do are the ones who get wound up by numbers and the words, yeah and wow. I'm fully expecting your predictbale one line response that adds nothing to this folly of a discussion. Bore off.
RedRedWine1

Next

Return to General Discussion