Rotherham 0 Morecambe 1

Re: Rotherham 0 Morecambe 1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Spencer peach. We deserved it. Can we play away each week (as Marky 1 suggested)???

Burton are well in it, as I suggested weeks ago. Let's take our away play to the Globe.
RedRedWine1

Postby Optimist » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:20 pm

A cracker of a goal, well deserved. Get in you reds!
Optimist

Postby Harry MFC » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:21 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:AND bradford are in our old SPOT :lol:

Yes surley we can laugh now we have passed them! :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Harry MFC

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Another amazing away result when you least expect it! If only we had managed to make the Globe a fortress. :roll:

Win next week and we can look forward to another season of League football. Hopefully the players can lose the 'home nerves' a little and with the fans behind them bag at least a couple of home wins between now and the end of the season. 8-)
Wild Bill

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Sweet sixteen :D
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Harry MFC wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:AND bradford are in our old SPOT :lol:

Yes surley we can laugh now we have passed them! :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Not sure which is better Morecambe winning or Bradford losing :D :D :D

Fantastic win who knows maybe mid table is still possible :!:
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Yet another thoroughly enjoyable Awayday. Not very optimistic on the way but the noisy dog at the service station brought a fan reaction that will never be forgotten :o Who let the dogs out will never sound the same again :lol: :lol: . The boys in blue kept the humour going with the camera moment at the pub just after the announcement of Will and Niall in the starting lineup and what a thoroughly refreshing performance we gave. So pleased for the lads and really we should have battered them with all the chances we made. A bit more composure in front of goal and we would have done a Crewe! Rotherham were crap though but don't take that away. Jimmy had a cracking goal. Don Valley was a morgue and the 60 or so of us outsung them even though our drum was banned.

Bare bones is the way forward. Same team v Burton please :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Serously good result and possibly more important than beating the leaders :D
Now safetys virtually assured we can all breath a collective sigh of relief and hopefully move forward beginning in the close season with an emphasis on youth or signing younger players from higher league clubs who have everything to prove and fight for.
Oh and bring Stanners back that's if he hasn't left us behind :mrgreen:
Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Re: Line Up v Rotherham

Postby ezz » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:21 pm

marky wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:Why has Carlton been dropped to the bench? Unless he's got a bit of an injury can't unterstand that one he's been one of our best players since he rejoined.

Perhaps Sammy feels that he's brought in one player from the cold in Haining (called for by fans for ages) so there has to be a pay-off for that? Highly unlikely of course. Maybe.

Great team selection eh?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:05 pm

I had a feeling we'd win today. One of those matches that we often seem to do quite well in (an away match against a supposed 'better' side). To actually do it is, however, a fantastic achievement but, as with the Chesterfield and Barnet results, let's not get carried away. We're almost certainly safe, but until the Maths make it impossible for us to be relegated, we need to stay focussed. As for Ezz's comment, I don't believe there was anything particularly inspired re: the team selection today. With a couple of exceptions, the team pretty much picked itself through circumstance.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby steve mfc » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Fantastic result today which takes the pressure off slightly, a win next Saturday would see us almost safe.

Most of the teams around about us play in midweek so lets hope results go our way, a draw in the Burton V Northampton game would probably suit us best. at least we will go into the game on Saturday with some confidence restored.
steve mfc

Postby ezz » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:36 pm

marky wrote:I had a feeling we'd win today. One of those matches that we often seem to do quite well in (an away match against a supposed 'better' side). To actually do it is, however, a fantastic achievement but, as with the Chesterfield and Barnet results, let's not get carried away. We're almost certainly safe, but until the Maths make it impossible for us to be relegated, we need to stay focussed. As for Ezz's comment, I don't believe there was anything particularly inspired re: the team selection today. With a couple of exceptions, the team pretty much picked itself through circumstance.

Ahh yes nothing inspired about the team selection, yet if we'd have lost you'd have been slating Sammy for not forcing Stanley to come back yadda yadda yadda, your completely full of ....shit!
The team wins and its because of injuries, not tactics or team selection, the team loses and its all sammy's fault. Why do you even call yourself a supporter?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:55 pm

:lol: You really do have one massive chip on your shoulder. Saint Sammy himself said we were down to bare bones, or do you ignore everything your massiah says? He picked a team from what we had available. Had Charnock not been injured, do not think for a second Haining would have played. To suggest otherwise would be folly based on an entire season of evidence. As for Stanley, you have absolutely no evidence other than desperately trying to find something by which to slur me with. Nowhere on this forum will you find evidence that I would have castigated Sammy McIlroy for not bringing him back had we lost. That, my friend, is actual s**t. To repeat myself, he shouldn't have been allowed to leave in the first place but I don't believe he would have made that much difference to a side lacking in confidence for the most part.

Now as a supporter, would you like to actually comment on our win today or, as usual, are you going to only post snarlings aimed in the direction of those who are not fans of Sammy McIlroy?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ezz » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:56 am

Yes because my comment didn't say there was evidence, I said IF we'd have lost, you and many others would have probably resorted to slating the manager about not stamping his foot down and making Stanley come back, yes we were down to the bare bones yesterday but the manager obviously came up with the tactics and the players with what he had in the right positions, yet no credit from you at all.
He's not the messiah, I think there are many better managers out there but he's our manager at the moment and deserves more support from so called supporters like you.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Turns out some of the Home Fans celebrated our goal as well :o

"Two or three pished up blokes at the top of block 1/2, above the tunnel, cheering their goal and singing Moore songs, a few people told them to get behind the players and the team, was a few other ironic cheers for their goal further down the stand too then it all kicked off.

Stewards kicked 3 out I think, a complete and utter embarrassment.

These people are just not welcome."

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2117911367
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion