That's it.

Re: That's it.

Postby Sammy h » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Witterings? Don't you mean twitterings? :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Sammy h wrote:Witterings? Don't you mean twitterings? :lol:

Neither Sammy tbh !!! I actually meant TWATTERINGS.

:lol:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Castaway » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:50 am

What a feckless sh1t.

Wouldn't last 2 minutes in a Bentley or Coleman team... oops I said it.
Castaway

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:28 am

Keith wrote:I agree with you but I'm thinking we perhaps thought he might actually work for his wages? That he might show some skill and endeavour? Is it too much to ask that he even show some pride in exchange for the money he was offered?

The game is riddled with similar types though.
Agents run the game.
And social networking seems to rule our lives these days.
How the hell did we get through the day before all this gadgetometary took over?
Plain Peter

Postby Posh » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:50 am

Castaway wrote:What a feckless sh1t.

Wouldn't last 2 minutes in a Bentley or Coleman team... oops I said it.

It must be bad if you've stopped your tour of Australia to join in. Hope you're having a fantastic time.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:53 am

Heinz wrote:
Keith wrote:I agree with you but I'm thinking we perhaps thought he might actually work for his wages? That he might show some skill and endeavour? Is it too much to ask that he even show some pride in exchange for the money he was offered?

The game is riddled with similar types though.
Agents run the game.
And social networking seems to rule our lives these days.
How the hell did we get through the day before all this gadgetometary took over?

There's nothing wrong with social media it's just when it falls into the wrong hands. Capaldi genuinely believed that no one other than his mates could see his Twatterings. Sadly for him the whole world could.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:37 am

Posh wrote:There's nothing wrong with social media it's just when it falls into the wrong hands.

Doesn't exactly fall into the [occasional pair of] wrong hands though, it's there on a plate for everyone to use or abuse.
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 am

Posh wrote:Capaldi genuinely believed that no one other than his mates could see his Twatterings. Sadly for him the whole world could.

I'm delighted that he thought only his mates could read it.
I'm delighted that he told us what he really thinks about the "pub team" that we love.
I'm delighted that we now have evidence of the cancer that we suspected was killing the club that we love.

What remains to be seen is what his manager does about it. This could be the biggest decision that Sammy McIlroy has made since being at Morecambe. Get this one wrong and I wonder if there is any way back? Make a firm, powerful, decisive move and perhaps he will turn the corner of this horrible season.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:09 am

Heinz wrote:
Posh wrote:There's nothing wrong with social media it's just when it falls into the wrong hands.

Doesn't exactly fall into the [occasional pair of] wrong hands though, it's there on a plate for everyone to use or abuse.

That's Capaldi's fault for mis-using it, not the fault of social networking in the general.

if you don't like it, don't use it, but get off your pedestal and let those that do use it.
morecambegeek

Postby Duffman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:14 am

Heinz, this forum is a type of social network. :lol:
Duffman

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:41 am

Duffman wrote:Heinz, this forum is a type of social network. :lol:

And it's well managed and moderated.
Plain Peter

Postby Duffman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:56 am

Heinz wrote:
Duffman wrote:Heinz, this forum is a type of social network. :lol:

And it's well managed and moderated.

What's moderation got to do with it? I thought your issue with social networks was those "mega-hoppers" tweeting about the sunshine and other 'nonsense'. I bet some of these "tattoo endowed" people go on football forums and discuss everything other than football! :o
Duffman

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:41 am

Whether a particular social networking site is moderated or not is important though.
SV (like most message-boards) has guidelines.
Fall foul of them, and the posting is lifted by a mod, and generally that's the end of the matter, very quick, no-one is hurt, and often the message is lifted so quickly it hasn't even been seen by anyone other than the on-duty mod.
With Twitter, unless I'm wrong, once you've said what you've said and hit the tit, then the tweet fly to all and sundry (even people you wouldn't wish to read it), without any way of lifting the tweet from possibly reaching millions of recipients.
Could be all manner of very serious implications.
For Capaldi (no defence at all) it'll be skidaddle pdq.
Plain Peter

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:49 am

All manner of consequences like there was at the weekend for that Blackburn Rovers supporting BLACKPOOL Councillor.

He was at Ewood Park watching his beloved Rovers, and posted on his social networking site that "The Donkey Botherers are 2-0 up now."

He foolishly thought only his son would see it.

Instantly spotted by numerous people in Blackpool he represents in his day job !!!

Cue instant calls for him to resign and all hell let loose on Radio Lancashire on Monday morning !!
Seasider9601

Postby Duffman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Heinz wrote:Whether a particular social networking site is moderated or not is important though.
SV (like most message-boards) has guidelines.
Fall foul of them, and the posting is lifted by a mod, and generally that's the end of the matter, very quick, no-one is hurt, and often the message is lifted so quickly it hasn't even been seen by anyone other than the on-duty mod.
With Twitter, unless I'm wrong, once you've said what you've said and hit the tit, then the tweet fly to all and sundry (even people you wouldn't wish to read it), without any way of lifting the tweet from possibly reaching millions of recipients.
Could be all manner of very serious implications.
For Capaldi (no defence at all) it'll be skidaddle pdq.

Fair point but as we've seen on here in the past, you can't say anything in case a mod gets into trouble. Platforms like Twitter allow a certain degree of freedom of speech but if it is offensive you can still report it. For example, in Egypt, the protests for a more democratic society was largely down to social networking which has to be positive.

However this is nothing compared to an individuals opinion on the club he's playing for. Are you glad you saw Crapaldi's tweets or would you prefer for them to have been kept private and be non the wiser?
Duffman

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:All manner of consequences like there was at the weekend for that Blackburn Rovers supporting BLACKPOOL Councillor.

He was at Ewood Park watching his beloved Rovers, and posted on his social networking site that "The Donkey Botherers are 2-0 up now."

Instantly spotted by numerous people in Blackpool he represents in his day job !!!

Cue instant calls for him to resign and all hell let loose on Radio Lancashire on Monday morning !!

He's made a complete ass of himself. (Capaldi is on the right)
donkeys.jpg

Although he's apologised, the elections in May could be a bit of a testing time
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la ... e-12809163
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Duffman wrote:Platforms like Twitter allow a certain degree of freedom of speech but if it is offensive you can still report it.

But the horse has already bolted! Capaldi complaining wouldn't have helped him would it?

Duffman wrote: For example, in Egypt, the protests for a more democratic society was largely down to social networking which has to be positive.

Yep, but a lot depends on how it all pans out in the Middle East. In Egypt the Muslim Brotherhood had very little influence for a long time, ditto in Tunisia. Now they're in with a chance. They won't want to win the elections, because with winning comes responsibility, and they won't want that. What they'll be after is a much greater influence, which might not go down well. So the end-game has still to be played, and the outcome uncertain.

Duffman wrote:However this is nothing compared to an individuals opinion on the club he's playing for. Are you glad you saw Crapaldi's tweets or would you prefer for them to have been kept private and be non the wiser?

I don't do Twitter or FB, and whatever else there is. Do you really think that before all this social networking that footballers (or anyone) didn't snipe, gossip, back-stab? People were just a bit more careful who they whispered to, and the world was a calmer place.
Plain Peter

Postby shrimper » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:All manner of consequences like there was at the weekend for that Blackburn Rovers supporting BLACKPOOL Councillor.

He deserves to be de-selected from his party forthwith (or even thirdwith if that's quicker) not least for for showing just how completely out of touch he is.

It's 'donkey-lashers' not 'donkey-botherers'!

:roll:
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm

shrimper wrote:It's 'donkey-lashers' not 'donkey-botherers'!

Been there, done that. The Ref got in bother over that one:

"However, last night, I consoled myself with the fact that they (the Doncaster supporters) had taken a day off work, spent six hours on congested motorways, eaten less than edible pies for tea, sat on a freezing cold, open stand for two hours, paid up to £20 for the privilege, seen their team perform abysmally, and get beaten by a team of donkey-lashers.

"And to cap it all they wouldn't get home for closing time."

The Football League added: "Neil thought he was being helpful and educational and trying to explain the things that happen to officials during a match.

"However, we have advised him to stop writing on the site."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 653316.stm
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Stop feeding Heinz, he always turns threads into boring off-topic bollocks that nobody really wants to discuss.

I suspect the root cause of your dislike for social networking and the fact that you still have £9 something on a phone that you topped up a decade ago are linked billy no mates.

The cusp of this thread like every other at the moment is that Tony Crapaldi is a twat. End of. The sooner the club put him in the stocks so we can pelt rotten tomatoes at him, the better.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:35 pm

RedRedWine wrote: pelt rotten tomatoes at him

Now there's a thought :roll: Would save blowing red balloons up
marky No.1

Postby Duffman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Heinz wrote:
Duffman wrote:Platforms like Twitter allow a certain degree of freedom of speech but if it is offensive you can still report it.

But the horse has already bolted! Capaldi complaining wouldn't have helped him would it?

Why would Capaldi complain? :?

If someone posted something offensive on Twitter you as the viewer can report it and ask Twitter to remove it.

Heinz wrote:
Duffman wrote: For example, in Egypt, the protests for a more democratic society was largely down to social networking which has to be positive.

Yep, but a lot depends on how it all pans out in the Middle East. In Egypt the Muslim Brotherhood had very little influence for a long time, ditto in Tunisia. Now they're in with a chance. They won't want to win the elections, because with winning comes responsibility, and they won't want that. What they'll be after is a much greater influence, which might not go down well. So the end-game has still to be played, and the outcome uncertain.

I knew I shouldn't have used a political reference.

Heinz wrote:
Duffman wrote:However this is nothing compared to an individuals opinion on the club he's playing for. Are you glad you saw Crapaldi's tweets or would you prefer for them to have been kept private and be non the wiser?

I don't do Twitter or FB, and whatever else there is. Do you really think that before all this social networking that footballers (or anyone) didn't snipe, gossip, back-stab? People were just a bit more careful who they whispered to, and the world was a calmer place.

Of course players will do all that, I suspect many members of our current squad share Crapaldi's view, I was saying they didn't. It was just a general question. I know you're alluding to the world should jump back 50 years and do away with technology but with technology we get an insight into what players think, good or bad.
Duffman

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:50 pm

shrimper wrote:It's 'donkey-lashers' not 'donkey-botherers'!

Yep, it is Lashers Shrimper. Realised that, as did your goodself too mate.

That was the exact word used by the Councillor though. I should have pointed that out.
Seasider9601

Postby ezz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Big decision for Sammy, if he ships Stanley off for bad attitude then I'd expect with a gentle push from us fans, Capaldi would have to go.
We've already better players in that position and i'm sure his wages are huge compared to others.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Keith wrote:
Posh wrote:What remains to be seen is what his manager does about it. This could be the biggest decision that Sammy McIlroy has made since being at Morecambe. Get this one wrong and I wonder if there is any way back? Make a firm, powerful, decisive move and perhaps he will turn the corner of this horrible season.

Keith this isn't a big decision. There is no way Capaldi will ever darken out door again. Even if Sammy was daft enough to keep him there would be others including directors and players who would never let it happen. (Rumours via text that the deed has been done and i hope so).

Like WikiLeaks, though there is more to this. The comments about training for example and why a player could continue like this in the squad. What we have is cast iron proof that a player took us for a ride (and the rest) yet it's clear the same has happened with Rundle, we just haven't got Twitter to prove it.

Sammy's big decision is how he responds. As someone who has berated fans repeatedly in the media, never held a fan's forum and whose relationship with fans is not brilliant, this is his chance to recognise this and address to the fans how let down he feels and what action he's taking. Failure to do that and he may as well follow Capaldi out the door.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion