Robbie Savage

Robbie Savage

Postby steve mfc » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Port Vale were interested in taking him on loan but apparently they cant afford their share of his wages, not surprising really, he is on £25,000 a week, so it doesn't look like we will be seeing him at Christie park, shame really it would have made for an interesting afternoon.
steve mfc

Re: Robbie Savage

Postby scalehallshrimp » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:07 pm

never been a success anywhere and a bad attitude to go with it,no thanks
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby wijit » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:10 pm

I'd take someone with that attitude but all the dedication to the cause he has than someone with stacks of talent who doesn't give a toss half the time.
Savage may not be the best and yes, he has the shittiest of attitudes but there's no doubting his willingness for a club.
wijit

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:11 pm

I saw Michael Owen in McDonalds yesterday
Bare Ben

Postby chipbuns » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:51 pm

he'll go to Crewe as a player/coach role. They don't need him they have Steven Schumacher in the midfield. :lol:
chipbuns

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:20 pm

wijit wrote:I'd take someone with that attitude but all the dedication to the cause he has than someone with stacks of talent who doesn't give a toss half the time.

I'm sorry wijit, but this comment is often trotted out and it is frankly, bollox!

Imagine this Saturday, Sammy has the choice of playing me on the wing or the return of Thommo during a 'can't be arsed' period. Clearly, he's going to play me because I will run 'til I puke and if I can actually get close enough to an opposition player, I'll give them a kick even if they are bigger than me, because I'd be wearing a shirt that I love, rather than Thommo not giving a toss half the time? That would make sense!

The key of course is to find players who have the skill and the attitude. Jimbo, for example, always has a fantastic attitude, but he can actually play a bit! The key to it all is balance (which incidentally, I'm crap at too) If you can get a team with some flare, some skill and some hod carriers with great attitude, then you'll be succesful.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby wijit » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:27 am

Think you're missing the point here Keith. You can have a team full of talented players, but if none of them give a toss then you have a team full of nothing because they simply won't perform. Or, you can get players like Savage or Vinnie Jones, who when they're in your team you love, but when they're on the opposition you hate them. There's a good reason you hate them and it's nothing to do with personality, it's because they are the most effective players to have as to them, there's no such thing as a lost ball. How often do you see Ronaldo just give up the chase? When did you ever see Ronadlinho even start a chase? Talent and skill are always good to have but only with the right attitude.
Besides that, what do you know? your name is "Keith", what sort of name's that? Now, Wayne on the other hand...... :lol:
wijit

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:46 am

wijit wrote:Besides that, what do you know? your name is "Keith", what sort of name's that? Now, Wayne on the other hand...... :lol:

"just pretend your name is Keith"

Remember this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njez8hs5 ... re=related
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:59 am

Savage prefers to go home to Wrexham anyway

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/f ... -21929280/
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:42 am

I think the original poster was saying 'we won't see him at Christis Park PLAYING FOR PORT VALE'. There was no suggestion we'd be interested.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Welshrimp » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:25 pm

a team with some flare

Well that could only be this team. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:33 pm

Keith wrote:
wijit wrote:I'd take someone with that attitude but all the dedication to the cause he has than someone with stacks of talent who doesn't give a toss half the time.

I'm sorry wijit, but this comment is often trotted out and it is frankly, bollox!

Imagine this Saturday, Sammy has the choice of playing me on the wing or the return of Thommo during a 'can't be arsed' period. Clearly, he's going to play me because I will run 'til I puke and if I can actually get close enough to an opposition player, I'll give them a kick even if they are bigger than me, because I'd be wearing a shirt that I love, rather than Thommo not giving a toss half the time? That would make sense!

The key of course is to find players who have the skill and the attitude. Jimbo, for example, always has a fantastic attitude, but he can actually play a bit! The key to it all is balance (which incidentally, I'm crap at too) If you can get a team with some flare, some skill and some hod carriers with great attitude, then you'll be succesful.

i'd take thommo if youre football is as bad as youre refereeing Keith we'd be doomed..... :lol: :lol:

jim bentley can play a bit..... :o

hod carriers???? you referrring to Wayne again...... :?
Shrimpsscene

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:20 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:i'd take thommo if youre football is as bad as youre refereeing Keith we'd be doomed..... :lol: :lol:

Are you referring to when I was running the line and was the only person from Morecambe who actually knew the offside rule?

I can assure you my footballing skills are worse than pretty much anything else I can think of! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby nobbyshrimp » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:31 pm

Savage has joined Brighton on initial one month loan
nobbyshrimp

Postby wijit » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Keith wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:i'd take thommo if youre football is as bad as youre refereeing Keith we'd be doomed..... :lol: :lol:

Are you referring to when I was running the line and was the only person from Morecambe who actually knew the offside rule?

You know it, or you understand it? Huge difference these days!
wijit

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:41 pm

Keith wrote:

I can assure you my footballing skills are worse than pretty much anything else I can think of! :lol:

im sure ive got a pic somewhere of that im sure we used it in an old programme from the hereford supporters match!!!
Shrimpsscene

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:57 pm

*SIGH* :roll: :roll: :lol:

Scramble in the goal mouth, Morecambe player ends up flat on the floor, keeper saves.
Ball half cleared, defence move out. Morecambe player still on the floor.
Another Morecambe player shoots.
As the ball is going in the goal, the Morecambe player on the floor plays it.

Simple stuff, had he left it, it was a goal. By playing it, the fact he was off-side rules the goal out.

The fact that the ref gave the goal and none of their lot appealed is possibly what made me unpopular, not the fact that the decision was wrong, 'cause it wasn't!!! :lol:

Wasn't it Telford?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby USA Shrimp » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:44 am

Keith wrote:Are you referring to when I was running the line and was the only person from Morecambe who actually knew the offside rule?

<puts on statto-type outfit> Ahem, I think you'll find that football has laws not rules.
USA Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:24 am

Keith wrote:

What about your hod carrying or do they come smaller sizes these days :lol: :lol: :lol:
parceldave

Return to General Discussion