Dear Mr C@p@ldi ..........

Dear Mr C@p@ldi ..........

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:33 am

You to me are everything.

That is so WRONG about what we have endured at Morecambe FC this season. I’ll give you one thing, you do hold a record for me. You are the first player to wear a Morecambe shirt I have ever HATED in the 26 years now I have been a Morecambe supporter. HATED is actually an understatement in your case. I actually despise you with every last breath in my body. Over the years we have despaired at the likes of Graham Gill, Dean Howell, Tony Quinn etc etc, but we never hated them. We backed them in the shirt, and admittedly, moaned afterwards. You are a different kettle of fish altogether.

How you have the nerve to post your feelings on Twatter (quite apt eh Mr C ??) about OUR club and openly admit to taking it easy in training, not taking football seriously, looking forward to the Summer and then see what happens, oh yes, and don’t forget your all important Guiness will you? Your ramblings sicken me. To the pit of my stomach. You don’t care one jot about Morecambe FC. Don’t object to that statement, it’s patently obvious. I never want to see you in a Morecambe shirt ever again. However, I know that I most likely will do. On Saturday probably, as Mr McIlroy will no doubt pick you. Again. You played for him of course for Northern Ireland didn’t you? Best mates and all that.

On the other hand, in some strange sort of weird way, I kind of do hope that we see you on Saturday. Ideally, as a non playing substitute. I hope you have your two hour “waste of time” (YOUR quote) drive to Morecambe, and then NOT get on the pitch. I really hope we see you running up and down the touchline, warming up (well, that’s IF you can be bothered. Don’t put yourself out like fella, will you) and then, we can all give you the dog’s abuse that you so deserve. At the end of the game Tony, depart from the ground. Make a quick getaway back on your two hour waste of time drive. I tell you what, to save you driving through the nightmare that is Lancaster, I’ve got a shortcut for you. Head through Torrisholme and go over Denny Beck Bridge. It’s a lot quicker (will get you to the pub in super quick time) and that flash, really narrow, BMW of yours will go over that bridge with no bother at all. Honest.

It sickens me when I look at the legends we have at our club, the likes of Jim Bentley and Stewart Drummond, and then you. Quick story for you, I was in the club shop around 6pm on Tuesday night before the Macclesfield match, and, in walked Jim Bentley. He immediately said good evening to everyone in there, and then got into conversation with a groundhopper who had travelled up from Brighton just for that game, shook his hand and welcomed him to Morecambe. Somehow, I can’t imagine you doing that Mr C. This club is all about GENTLEMEN like Jim and Stewart (who is in his Testimonial season). Not fly by nights like you who don’t even want to be here (Roll on Vegas eh??)

Indeed, I hope the aforementioned legends (and gentlemen) in Jim and Stew tell you in no uncertain terms what they think of you and your narrow minded thoughts.

A chap I know is currently trying to sell a load of his prized cd collection on ebay currently, in order that he can buy his young son a season ticket for next season. Now THAT is commitment and support for you. Are you actually aware that things like this go on in the ranks of supporters at clubs? I just hope to god that his money is not spent on having to watch freeloaders like you. Please leave our club.

Oh yes, follow the signs for Torrisholme and Halton to find the Denny Beck Bridge.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Re: Dear Mr C@p@ldi ..........

Postby Harry » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:43 am

Get out of our club
Get out of our club
We are the Morecambe
Crapaldi you c**t
Harry

Postby Duffman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:45 am

I think you've summed that up perfectly. You've echoed my thoughts and no doubt every other Morecambe fan. I too hope he's present on Saturday in some way and as you say, it's an injustice that someone like him will start yet Bentley, Hunter, Stanners and I've no doubt some youth players like Coperthwaite (captain of the reserves) would run themselves into the ground for the club.
Duffman

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:45 am

Agreed and what makes me even more annoyed is the manager's treatment of one of our best players who loves playing for this club by sending him on loan to Torquay. Thats great for Torquay as they have moved from lower midtable obscurity (which would be an achievement this season for us) to 4th place.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:02 am

An eloquent post. However, I suggest we spend no more time on him here, and save our energy for abuse in person on Saturday. I doubt he reads this forum, much less would give two hoots about it.
morecambegeek

Postby Keith » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:02 am

Seasider9601 wrote:You to me are everything.

That is so WRONG about what we have endured at Morecambe FC this season. I’ll give you one thing, you do hold a record for me. You are the first player to wear a Morecambe shirt I have ever HATED in the 26 years now I have been a Morecambe supporter. HATED is actually an understatement in your case. I actually despise you with every last breath in my body. Over the years we have despaired at the likes of Graham Gill, Dean Howell, Tony Quinn etc etc, but we never hated them. We backed them in the shirt, and admittedly, moaned afterwards. You are a different kettle of fish altogether.

How you have the nerve to post your feelings on Twatter (quite apt eh Mr C ??) about OUR club and openly admit to taking it easy in training, not taking football seriously, looking forward to the Summer and then see what happens, oh yes, and don’t forget your all important Guiness will you? Your ramblings sicken me. To the pit of my stomach. You don’t care one jot about Morecambe FC. Don’t object to that statement, it’s patently obvious. I never want to see you in a Morecambe shirt ever again. However, I know that I most likely will do. On Saturday probably, as Mr McIlroy will no doubt pick you. Again. You played for him of course for Northern Ireland didn’t you? Best mates and all that.

On the other hand, in some strange sort of weird way, I kind of do hope that we see you on Saturday. Ideally, as a non playing substitute. I hope you have your two hour “waste of time” (YOUR quote) drive to Morecambe, and then NOT get on the pitch. I really hope we see you running up and down the touchline, warming up (well, that’s IF you can be bothered. Don’t put yourself out like fella, will you) and then, we can all give you the dog’s abuse that you so deserve. At the end of the game Tony, depart from the ground. Make a quick getaway back on your two hour waste of time drive. I tell you what, to save you driving through the nightmare that is Lancaster, I’ve got a shortcut for you. Head through Torrisholme and go over Denny Beck Bridge. It’s a lot quicker (will get you to the pub in super quick time) and that flash, really narrow, BMW of yours will go over that bridge with no bother at all. Honest.

It sickens me when I look at the legends we have at our club, the likes of Jim Bentley and Stewart Drummond, and then you. Quick story for you, I was in the club shop around 6pm on Tuesday night before the Macclesfield match, and, in walked Jim Bentley. He immediately said good evening to everyone in there, and then got into conversation with a groundhopper who had travelled up from Brighton just for that game, shook his hand and welcomed him to Morecambe. Somehow, I can’t imagine you doing that Mr C. This club is all about GENTLEMEN like Jim and Stewart (who is in his Testimonial season). Not fly by nights like you who don’t even want to be here (Roll on Vegas eh??)

Indeed, I hope the aforementioned legends (and gentlemen) in Jim and Stew tell you in no uncertain terms what they think of you and your narrow minded thoughts.

A chap I know is currently trying to sell a load of his prized cd collection on ebay currently, in order that he can buy his young son a season ticket for next season. Now THAT is commitment and support for you. Are you actually aware that things like this go on in the ranks of supporters at clubs? I just hope to god that his money is not spent on having to watch freeloaders like you. Please leave our club.

Oh yes, follow the signs for Torrisholme and Halton to find the Denny Beck Bridge.

Perfect.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:04 am

you wonder what Gary Dullaghan would make of it all and you can guarantee Coleman wouldn't have a player like that at Accy.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:52 am

I know exactly what Dulla would have done. He would have told him to his face in no uncertain terms what he thought of him and his attitude, and then never have given him the time of day ever again.

RIP Gary. We miss you.
Attachments
edit-0607-dullagan-headline.jpg
edit-0607-dullagan-headline.jpg (20.25 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
Seasider9601

Postby Ntini » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:09 am

I just pray that some action is taken by the club over all this and that he never wears a Morecambe shirt again.
Championship playoffs to League Two relegation battle, Capaldi? Try Championship to unemployed. Get out of OUR club.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:14 am

Can we say he has breached his contract? and terminate it or does he need to do something more serious.

The problem is he must be one of Sammy's favourites, Sammy used to acuse Stanners of having an "attitude" so what doe that mean Capaldi has?

The thing is he will just overlook the Capaldi stuff.

P/T Indie

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:26 am

Is there anything you won't use to have a pop at Sammy PT Indie? Capaldis comments are not only disrespectful to us fans, the players and the rest of the club but they undermine everything Sammy and Mark have achieved at this club. I am sure that Sammy will be just as pissed off as anyone if/when he reads it all.
Morecambe Jack

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:49 am

Morecambe Jack wrote:Is there anything you won't use to have a pop at Sammy PT Indie? Capaldis comments are not only disrespectful to us fans, the players and the rest of the club but they undermine everything Sammy and Mark have achieved at this club. I am sure that Sammy will be just as pissed off as anyone if/when he reads it all.

but why has Sammy started him the past couple of games? some of those comments were made a couple of weeks ago and it must be obvious in training that he is not putting in 100% effort.

Yet we have a loaned out a lad who always gives 100% surley we are allowed to ask why?

If Capaldi starts on Saturday do we just put our heads in the sand and say well Sammy must know what he is doing?

P/T Indie

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:58 am

I doubt Sammy is a keen tweeter and we don't know what he is like in training. Putting all this to one side for a moment, his long throws got us the 2 goals at Barnet and he was played specifically for those, it worked. That is the only reason he is in the team 'cos the rest of his play and on-pitch attitude is sh*te (and actually, so were his throws on tuesday).
Morecambe Jack

Postby Gav » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:47 pm

I have just ventured over to the Twitter account which this thread relates to. Personally, I do not have an account so can only see a rather condensed version of the comments which have been made. If Capaldi has made these comments then you really do have to question what he hopes to gain. A cynical person may well think that these comments have been placed in order to gain reaction. If I am correct, Darren Bent used Twitter as a means to channel his displeasure at the approach Spurs had adopted with his transfer to Sunderland. This approach gained press exposure and in turn applied a spotlight onto an issue Bent wished to highlight from his biased perspective. Granted, this is a high profile footballer who has many followers where as Capaldi is...well lets just leave that to other posters here!

Anyway I digress, the point is either Capaldi has used a grave error of judgement, venting his workplace steam using a modern day communicative channel or he has put this on Twitter to see the knock on effect (thread emerges which in turn will no doubt be picked up somewhere either in the press / other fans forums and so on and so forth until it reaches a manager who may want him).

I am not justifying his actions here, believe me 100% when I say that. However, Twitter is a great marketing tool for a company or person to use to gain financial benefit. A few celebs are paid to mention that they are using a specific product, in turn sales of that product rise quite dramatically. Charlie Sheen is a great example of this very practice, in between being the meat in a sandwich consisting of an adult movie star and the housekeeper and being a "winner" he is very open about using Twitter as a financial tool.

I do hope that this thread does not get the exposure it may well receive from other clubs in our league. Discontent in camp is nothing new, however, anything which is seen as being detrimental to our league survival will need to be addressed. Sammy now has the job to sort this one out. From his perspective does having a player who could launch a football into the penalty area from a throw in during the fianl minutes of some very important pending matches outweigh the stupidity which has possibly been shown?

Dont you just love a debate?!
"Don't talk to me about being a star sunshine, I'm on You tube. No seriously, you type in St Albans Vs Morecambe and that's me...celebrating...running to hug a grown man, don't judge me fella, it's pride and passion"
Gav

Postby Posh » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:00 pm

You're over-egging a pretty simple pudding. He's too thick for such strategising. One of his first tweets indicated that he was getting away from Facebook because too many people were on it to be able to talk to his mates. Clearly he had no idea it was open to all. The only genius is in his Guinness.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Morectalk » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Makes a change for everyone to be in agreement on a thread !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morectalk

Postby Harry MFC » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:I doubt Sammy is a keen tweeter and we don't know what he is like in training. Putting all this to one side for a moment, his long throws got us the 2 goals at Barnet and he was played specifically for those, it worked. That is the only reason he is in the team 'cos the rest of his play and on-pitch attitude is sh*te (and actually, so were his throws on tuesday).

Yes his throws got us two goals on Saturday but I think that we need to get a diffent player in the team.
Harry MFC

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Harry MFC wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:I doubt Sammy is a keen tweeter and we don't know what he is like in training. Putting all this to one side for a moment, his long throws got us the 2 goals at Barnet and he was played specifically for those, it worked. That is the only reason he is in the team 'cos the rest of his play and on-pitch attitude is sh*te (and actually, so were his throws on tuesday).

Yes his throws got us two goals on Saturday but I think that we need to get a diffent player in the team.

I don't want to see him in a Morecambe shirt again. I was just answering PT Indies question as to why he was put back into the team for Barnet which was for the tactical reason of using his long throws and it worked (on that occassion).
Morecambe Jack

Postby Duffman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
Harry MFC wrote:

I don't want to see him in a Morecambe shirt again. I was just answering PT Indies question as to why he was put back into the team for Barnet which was for the tactical reason of using his long throws and it worked (on that occassion).

So you could say, Crapaldi saved our league status.... :lol:
Duffman

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Nah, that was Danny Carlton x 2 technically !!!!

Let's remember it THAT way and not give tosspot Crapaldi ANY glory !!!!

Head to Aldi, Crapaldi. There's some trolleys need gathering up (in the Bangladesh branch, NOT Morecambe Prom.)
Seasider9601

Postby steve mfc » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:54 pm

His performance on Tuesday night was more than enough to get him dropped let alone anything he has said, lets not waste any time on him he isn't worth it, its more important to give the team our support on Saturday than spend it hurling abuse at Capaldi.
steve mfc

Postby shrimper » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Nooooo! Ssssh! Listen (close in, lads...)

I have a plan.

We don’t ‘boo’ him or get on his back at all. In fact we avoid making any comment whatsoever about his performances or his off-field conduct from now until the end of the season.

Then, further, we orchestrate a campaign to make sure he’s voted ‘player of the season’.

Then, at the end of season awards, we wait for him to collect his trophy and then let him have it full force. Rotten tomatoes, super-soakers filled with mashed up shrimps and Guinness – the lot.

Film it all and plaster it all over Youtube, Tw@tter and everywhere else the world can see it – with a full list of all his pi$$-taking tweets attached. Then we take the award and give it to Andy Parrish.

;) ;) ;) :shock:
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Good idea Shrimper, but somehow I don't think it will happen ;)
:lol:

:wave:
morecambe mick

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Shoot Capaldi, shoot shoot Capaldi (x100)

Followed by:

You're not fit to wear the shirt (x100)

Followed by:

Nah, nah, nah, nah
Nah, nah, nah, nah
Hey, hey, hey, hey
You're a Cee Uou Next Tuesday!

Followed by the PA:

Football is a family sport, don't swear, enjoy the match etc etc.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:03 pm

P/T Indie wrote:you wonder what Gary Dullaghan would make of it all and you can guarantee Coleman wouldn't have a player like that at Accy.

Not just him, either. The likes of Paul Burns, Andy Grimshaw, etc would quite possibly have done more than just 'had a harsh word'. Rene Howe was sent packing, albeit for different reasons. The same fate should await Capaldi.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Next

Return to General Discussion