should we just say...

should we just say...

Postby PottedShrimp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:42 pm

That the current team are rubbish. A few home truths need to be spoken, although no doubt doing so will produce howls in some quarters. Last night, with one or two honorable exceptions, I saw no committment, let alone passion, and precious little demonstration of even basic football skills. Talk about coming a long way for nothing. No doubt I will again on Saturday, but it would be nice to see a professional attitude to one's job on the field then....
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Re: should we just say...

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:48 pm

I think the most alarming thing is the basic lack of footballing ability coupled with the lack of planning from the management team. I don't think its unreasonable to expect the management to have done player reports, set piece reports, formations, player profiles on the opposition. From last night its clear they didn't or we wouldn't have persisted with the tactics that we did.
LA1Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:10 pm

just look at it this way, you would think signing a football player is just like any other profession with a employer employing a employee

now take Tony Caphaldi for example or Adam Rundle surely the management team should be actually interviewing these players asking them genuine honest questions about there ambitions and what could they bring to MFC and how would they feel about traveling to training everyday or moving to the local area etc etc

now if your going to gamble with a crazy recruitment policy and it back fires with company efficacy(results) costing productivity you would then have then to ask questions and look at the management structure
George Dawes

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:18 pm

We don't have a recruitment policy, we take whoever is offered by agents and we are told is half decent. Realistically look at the squad and think long and hard about anyone in it we have tracked, scouted, gathered reports on.

The signing of a centre back who cant get a game at a mid table league 2 club sums it all up for me.
LA1Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:46 pm

nik wrote:We don't have a recruitment policy, we take whoever is offered by agents and we are told is half decent. Realistically look at the squad and think long and hard about anyone in it we have tracked, scouted, gathered reports on.

The signing of a centre back who cant get a game at a mid table league 2 club sums it all up for me.

This is the squad that was universally praised on here at the start of the season as one that would be good enough to get us into the play offs, there wasn't any complaints about the recruitment policy then.

The fact is a lot of players haven't lived up their reputation, remember the optimism after the Coventry game, its all to easy too easy with hindsight to put all the blame on Sammy but its a bit hypocritical to praise his signings at the start of the season then castigate him when they don't turn out as we expected.
steve mfc

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:54 pm

McCready came in because Ian Sharps who was at Rotherham was lined up and due to sign for us (IMO is one of the best defenders in this league). Instead he rocked up at Shrewsbury when we thought his signature was in the bag. This happens quite a lot to us.

I think McCready is a decent player. There are many others who should get the shit stick thrown at them first, like Crapaldi for example. I say shit stick, Crapaldi should get the shit baseball bat lampooned at him.... the big-nosed tosser!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby parkyboy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:08 pm

And i believe you are chairman of the new supporters club, we have no chance
parkyboy

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:40 pm

I have never praised any of the current signings barring Fleming who looks like the one player who actually enjoys having the ball under control.
LA1Shrimp

Postby outsider » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:49 pm

parkyboy wrote:And i believe you are chairman of the new supporters club, we have no chance

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

NO thats Big red dog, not red red wine.......
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Another thread? There's like 2-3 already just comment in them, they say the exact same things
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Duffman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:57 pm

ezz wrote:Another thread? There's like 2-3 already just comment in them, they say the exact same things

Pot, kettle, black. :lol:
Duffman

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:12 pm

parkyboy wrote:And i believe you are chairman of the new supporters club, we have no chance

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I'm not. I'm not exactly chairman material and I'm also not that bothered about the new supporters club.

There can't be enough threads proclaiming a desire to punch Crapaldi in the face in my humble opinion.
RedRedWine1

Postby parkyboy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:45 pm

I apologise if i got the wrong red red guy
parkyboy

Postby Sammy h » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:53 pm

RedRedWine wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I'm not. I'm not exactly chairman material and I'm also not that bothered about the new supporters club.

There can't be enough threads proclaiming a desire to punch Crapaldi in the face in my humble opinion.

You have gone from shooting him to just punching him, has he gone up in your expectations? :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:05 pm

RedRedWine wrote: Crapaldi should get the shit baseball bat lampooned at him.... the big-nosed tosser!!!

What's wrong with having a big nose? 8-)
Bare Ben

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Cant we sell Capaldi for 4million?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:11 pm

ezz wrote:Cant we sell Capaldi for 4million?

Is that how much you get for a big nose these days???? Tough times, tough times.
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

Is that how much you get for a big nose these days???? Tough times, tough times.

If Crapaldi is worth 4 million what are you worth? Including the tie?

xxx
Sammy h

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Ben's worth NOUT!!!!!

Heard the ties worth a few bob tho
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

If Crapaldi is worth 4 million what are you worth? Including the tie?

xxx

I would give you a figure but I dont want anyone to complain about my use of numbers.
Bare Ben

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:18 pm

God said to Moses
People will have big noses
Moses thought he said roses
So he said "I'll have a big red one"

Duffman is a Capaldi lookalike, please give everybody who looks like Capaldi abuse.

That is all.
RedRedWine1

Postby Duffman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:27 pm

You pipe down Andy Reid. God help him if he plays on Saturday.
Duffman

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Andy Reid is a football genius and Forest Legend. Who needs pace when you can pass the ball with pin-point accuracy off both feet? Another similarity that we share. Like that Will Smith film: I AM ANDY REID!!!

Who would you rather lookalike, Tony Crapaldi or Andy Reid???

There's only one way to find out......FIGHT!!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby Duffman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:10 am

RedRedWine wrote:There's only one way to find out......FIGHT!!!!

That's a bit unfair, a middleweight vs a heavyweight! :lol:
Duffman

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Don't you mean flyweight Capaldi? Come back to me when you can finish cookie-dough mountain in the D&P.
RedRedWine1

Next

Return to General Discussion