That's it.

Re: That's it.

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Posh wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:capaldi looks like a flair player winding down, showing off and being a bit casual, resulting in mistakes, MINUS THE CV OF PAST

The shambles that is Tony Capaldi can be explained by the man himself right here http://www.twitter.com/TonyCap81. Profile pic is him
with a pint of Guinness, ten references to getting drunk in past 40 days, "summer can't come soon enough", "see where I go in the summer", "counting down to Vegas" and barely a mention of his own club (one reference to Shrimpers).

Depressing.

hey it was always going to end in tears with capaldi
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:34 pm

am all for signing new players on 1 year deals untill players prove themselfs then they should be signed on longer deals ie. Roche Parrish Fleming Wilson Stanley Hurst Haining Carlton Hunter Charnock Brown have shown there passion for MFC
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:21 am

marky wrote:His profile picture is of him drinking a pint of Guinness. He seemingly has plans for a big night on the piss next Saturday as "These sundays are pretty boring when your not hungover our in the pub! Roll on next sat!". How utterly unprofessional :shock:

"@thegawa err football is very average but big sammy makes me laugh!!"

Well if you don't like it, F*** Off! Perhaps the football wouldn't be quite as average if you weren't so p**s poor? It's bad enough that he's happy to go through the motions and keep leeching off the club, but to be quite happy to boast about it...

"@jonsarno yes johno how are you? Got my head down at morcambe till the summer then see what happens mate tough times! You still at county?"

See what happens? Well obviously you're off to Vegas which you can't wait for.

"Tough day today game of head tennis with physio, nice day off 2moro then get ready for another old firm game 2moro night!"

Really, is that it? Training consists of "head tennis with physio" before a day off?

"Lesson for today if you drink while on antibiotics you will be sick!!"

Lesson for the day, read the little bit of paper that comes in the box that tells you not to drink while on antibiotics? Or even, as a professional athlete, try drinking less anyway?

Lots of references to gambling. Lots of references to boozing. Occasional references to not training hard or taking playing football seriously. Probably on for a contract extension then. I can't be bothered reading any more of his drivel. I hope Jimbo reads this and kicks his big-time-charlie attitude in to the middle of next week.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:24 am

Crooky MFC wrote:
Posh wrote:
Sammy deserves sacking just for not subbing Capaldi. How many times did he give the ball away when under no pressure at all?

He doesn't even want to be here, his comments on Twitter the other night proved that. For some reason he things he's 'king time' when really he was the worst player on the pitch tonight. Fair enough his long throws have made a major difference in games such as Barnet but apart from that he's been no better than Danny Adams & Michael Howard!

Can't belive this guy is a full international!
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:31 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:I'd take a handjob from a ladyboy over that crap I've just watched tonight.

I'll happily trade that with you, tomorrow I'm working with a Macclesfield fan. We were in the same hotel when they beat us a few weeks ago. Now they've done the double over us, I'll really suffer. Good job we don't count cups eh? Macclesfield beating us three times in the one season...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:36 am

I can't believe it has taken this long for people to cotton on. Tony Capaldi is a (insert unpleasant words). He is a complete excuse for a footballer and is bleeding our club dry of wages/funds since his arrival. Here are RRW's observations:

He is a big nosed toss-pot who thinks he is the shit, but actually he is shit.

He has been signed on the basis that Sammy knows him from the Jurassic period.

He is slipping down the leagues faster than Philip Oakely.

He will be playing for a conference/SPL club next season (hopefully not us).

He has a long thrown-in that got us two vital goals on Saturday, which IMO only serves to demonstrate how woeful we actually are.

He represents everything I hate about our club at the moment; Loan player who is no better than what we already have here that is most likely on big bucks yet seems incapable of doing simple tasks.

As far as I'm concerned he looked good at Southend away, other than that he has looked average at best yet people have used his CV as a format to lavish praise upon him. He is taking the piss out of the fans, goodwill of the management, and the board of directors. A job at Morecambe Fried Chicken would be more appropriate for this fraudster.

Oh, BTW, he was rubbish tonight.
RedRedWine1

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:57 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:I'd take a handjob from a ladyboy over that crap I've just watched tonight.

After experiencing the discomfort and embarrassment of a prostate test, a friend of mine decided to have his next test carried out in Thailand where the beautiful nurses are rather more gentle and accommodating.

As usual he was asked to strip off, he lay naked on his side on the bed and the nurse began the examination. "At this stage of the procedure it's quite normal to get an erection" said the nurse.

"I haven't got an erection" said the man.

"No, but I have" replied the nurse.
:lol: :lol: ;)
Plain Peter

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:54 am

Can anyone tell me what on earth was going on in the last 10-15mins why were we passing it across the back four and back to the keeper playing like we were the team 2v1 up and defending a lead.

Is this a new Sammy tactic defend when we are loosing 2v1?

I have never seen such a lack of urgency it was painful.

Hopefully that's the last we see of Anyon as well and Baz is back on Sat.

As for Mr Capaldi my gran could pass better than that.

It would of been intresting to be a fly on the wall in PMG's sponsors box as Sammy was sat next to him for the whole game and PMG must see the same game that we all see.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Duffman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:44 am

Posh wrote:Sammy deserves sacking just for not subbing Capaldi. How many times did he give the ball away when under no pressure at all?

Or for taking Jimmy Spencer off as soon as he scored and bringing on Jevons! Absolutely clueless.

I feel sorry for Spencer, he waited so long for a chance in the first team and always gives 100%. Getting subbed for Jevons must be one of the most soul destroying things in the world.
Duffman

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:19 am

Yet last season there wasn't a person on this board who wouldn't have given their own bank details to keep jevons.......
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:30 am

Last night was truly awful and totally bereft of any quality.

The tactics for a start were woefully inept with smacks of utter stupidity, we played Macc a month ago and were totally dominated by them due to their height and physicality, so last nights game plan was to try and mix it with them and compete for high balls - Genius.

Secondly we seem to have a team totally incapable or unwilling to bring the ball down and aim to pass to feet. We show very little in the way of movement, no one seems to want to receive a pass, drop into space for a pass etc. I have never seen a 'football' (I use that term loosely) team look so very uncomfortable with the ball at their feet.

Morecambe have always been known for playing football on the deck, this goes back to the Griff days. At times we were guilty of being a soft touch and not mixing but at least we tried to play football the right way. I wish could be said the same at the moment, we look totally lacking in quality.

Last night we made a decidedly average Macc team look decent due to poor tactics and lack of composure from our players. Sinclair, Reid are good players, Bensherif is average we just played right into their hands.

People on here have blamed the ground, the prawn sandwich brigade etc. I'm sorry but we all seem to be looking back on CP with exceedingly rose tinted specs. At times on wet Tuesdays nights we were getting 1300 and the atmosphere was terrible, the fact that the mood seemed lighter at CP was down to having a team who endeavoured to play entertaining football. This year it has been wholly uninspiring which has spread onto the terrace.
LA1Shrimp

Postby The Fury » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:35 pm

nik wrote:Last night was truly awful and totally bereft of any quality.

The tactics for a start were woefully inept with smacks of utter stupidity, we played Macc a month ago and were totally dominated by them due to their height and physicality, so last nights game plan was to try and mix it with them and compete for high balls - Genius.

Secondly we seem to have a team totally incapable or unwilling to bring the ball down and aim to pass to feet. We show very little in the way of movement, no one seems to want to receive a pass, drop into space for a pass etc. I have never seen a 'football' (I use that term loosely) team look so very uncomfortable with the ball at their feet.

Morecambe have always been known for playing football on the deck, this goes back to the Griff days. At times we were guilty of being a soft touch and not mixing but at least we tried to play football the right way. I wish could be said the same at the moment, we look totally lacking in quality.

Last night we made a decidedly average Macc team look decent due to poor tactics and lack of composure from our players. Sinclair, Reid are good players, Bensherif is average we just played right into their hands.

People on here have blamed the ground, the prawn sandwich brigade etc. I'm sorry but we all seem to be looking back on CP with exceedingly rose tinted specs. At times on wet Tuesdays nights we were getting 1300 and the atmosphere was terrible, the fact that the mood seemed lighter at CP was down to having a team who endeavoured to play entertaining football. This year it has been wholly uninspiring which has spread onto the terrace.

In my view, we haven't been playing decent football for any sustained period for the whole of Sammy's tenure. Whilst that may seem slightly harsh, and some will suggest it is just bandwagon jumping in light of the flow of negativity oozing from this message board currently, I said as much during our promotion season. In truth, since Sammy took charge, I can recollect two games - Bury at home 07/08 and Bournemouth at home 09/10 - where I've been truly thrilled by the football we've played.

The rest of the time it has been cautious and insipid. In 2002/2003, on our march to the Conference playoffs, we were playing some truly brilliant football I thought. Whilst that may be blinkered nostaglia, I'm sure I also recall us being the darlings of fans from other clubs because we played football the right way, for example. Because of this, there was a mood of positivity and and excitement at the club that's not been replicated since (or certainly hasn't for me) - and that includes Wembley and 2006/2007 in general.
The Fury

Postby parkyboy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Sammy looks to have lost the respect of the players they certainly dont seem to be playing for him, just like Leeds many years ago with a certain Brian Clough and we all know what happened there dont we
parkyboy

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Speaking of Leeds ......... all their fans views on the "genious" :? that is(n't) Capaldi .......

4 pages of.

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/search.ph ... ds=capaldi
Last edited by Seasider9601 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:05 pm

nik wrote: I'm sorry but we all seem to be looking back on CP with exceedingly rose tinted specs.

Yet those who stood on the North Stand had better facilities, a better view and paid less. Wonder why those specs continue to have rosey hue.
morecambegeek

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 pm

ezz wrote:Yet last season there wasn't a person on this board who wouldn't have given their own bank details to keep jevons.......

Update, been made aware one person wouldn't have given their bank details for jevons last season afterall :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:16 pm

morecambegeek wrote:
nik wrote: I'm sorry but we all seem to be looking back on CP with exceedingly rose tinted specs.

Yet those who stood on the North Stand had better facilities, a better view and paid less. Wonder why those specs continue to have rosey hue.

George Dawes

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:37 pm

I would have to strongly disagree about the facilities of the North stand, especially in terms of of the Football Leagues quality standard. Purpose built bar, food point, toilet facilities, safety standards, turnstile technology and equipment.

If we had been playing entertaining football nobody would have been remotely concerned about the lack of gravy and the like, we come to the games to be entertained not to marvel at the quality of the concrete. Its a purpose built League 1/2 facility built to sustain the club for years to come and make money on a daily basis, something which CP could never offer.
LA1Shrimp

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:47 pm

nik wrote:I would have to strongly disagree about the facilities of the North stand, especially in terms of of the Football Leagues quality standard. Purpose built bar, food point, toilet facilities, safety standards, turnstile technology and equipment.

The toilets are the same. I couldn't give a tuppeny **** about a purpose built bar. Even if I did, the queue is stupidly long and I can't watch the match while I queue. The MBW wine stand is ****.
morecambegeek

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Keith wrote:
marky wrote:His profile picture is of him drinking a pint of Guinness. He seemingly has plans for a big night on the piss next Saturday as "These sundays are pretty boring when your not hungover our in the pub! Roll on next sat!". How utterly unprofessional :shock:

"@thegawa err football is very average but big sammy makes me laugh!!"

Well if you don't like it, F*** Off! Perhaps the football wouldn't be quite as average if you weren't so p**s poor? It's bad enough that he's happy to go through the motions and keep leeching off the club, but to be quite happy to boast about it...

"@jonsarno yes johno how are you? Got my head down at morcambe till the summer then see what happens mate tough times! You still at county?"

See what happens? Well obviously you're off to Vegas which you can't wait for.

"Tough day today game of head tennis with physio, nice day off 2moro then get ready for another old firm game 2moro night!"

Really, is that it? Training consists of "head tennis with physio" before a day off?

"Lesson for today if you drink while on antibiotics you will be sick!!"

Lesson for the day, read the little bit of paper that comes in the box that tells you not to drink while on antibiotics? Or even, as a professional athlete, try drinking less anyway?

Lots of references to gambling. Lots of references to boozing. Occasional references to not training hard or taking playing football seriously. Probably on for a contract extension then. I can't be bothered reading any more of his drivel. I hope Jimbo reads this and kicks his big-time-charlie attitude in to the middle of next week.

I never, ever, EVER want to see Tony Capaldi in a Morecambe shirt EVER again. I know I will do though, on Saturday most likely.

Absolute waste of space and the money he is fleecing our beloved club for. For the love of god, CLEAR OFF.
Seasider9601

Postby Ntini » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:I never, ever, EVER want to see Tony Capaldi in a Morecambe shirt EVER again. I know I will do though, on Saturday most likely.

Absolute waste of space and the money he is fleecing our beloved club for. For the love of god, CLEAR OFF.

I didn't quite know how to word this one, until I read your post! Thank you, well put, and "Shoot Capaldi, shoot shoot....." Just shoot the bastard...
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Duffman wrote:Or for taking Jimmy Spencer off as soon as he scored and bringing on Jevons! Absolutely clueless.

I feel sorry for Spencer, he waited so long for a chance in the first team and always gives 100%. Getting subbed for Jevons must be one of the most soul destroying things in the world.

Spence would have been on cloud nine after that goal, his first since Chesterfield away. How demoralising then for him to be taken off straight after that goal? Back to the bottom rung he goes with his confidence shattered for the next game. Not Sammys finest hour. What made it worse was that Jevons gave him noting.
RedRedWine1

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:I never, ever, EVER want to see Tony Capaldi in a Morecambe shirt EVER again. I know I will do though, on Saturday most likely.

Morecambe signed Capaldi, not the other way round.
He got what was offered to him, hardly his fault.
Isn't that football these days, market forces and all that?
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Heinz wrote:Morecambe signed Capaldi, not the other way round.

I agree with you but I'm thinking we perhaps thought he might actually work for his wages? That he might show some skill and endeavour? Is it too much to ask that he even show some pride in exchange for the money he was offered?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Keith wrote:
Heinz wrote:Morecambe signed Capaldi, not the other way round.

I agree with you but I'm thinking we perhaps thought he might actually work for his wages? That he might show some skill and endeavour? Is it too much to ask that he even show some pride in exchange for the money he was offered?

Exactly Keith. And his constant references to boozing, taking it easy in training and not taking his football seriously says one thing to me. He doesn't WANT to be here, and doesn't put in the effort required to justify whatever salary he is being paid.

Quote, "Got my head down at morcambe till the summer then see what happens mate tough times!" says it all. Not even learnt to spell the club name. Sickened. Absolutely sickened by reading his inane witterings.
Seasider9601

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion