Squad for next season

Squad for next season

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:03 am

Here is the list of players I would keep in the summer, which will be quicker than trying to do a list of players I would release.

I am not sure about everone's contracts but if your not on the list and under contract I would try and move them on anyway and listen to offers for them (not that we would get any)

Jimbo (Manger)
Drummond (Player Coach)
Baz Roche
Andy Parish
Andy Fleming
Gary Hunter
Jimmy Spencer (can we make him permanent)
Danny Carlton

I would give a new manger a clean sheet to start a new transfer policy and ship out as many as we can for him so he can start with a clean sheet and can build a new squad.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: Squad for next season

Postby Lloydie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:06 am

Would Jimbo be able to convince Craig Stanley to come back to add him to the list?
Lloydie

Postby glagys » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:14 am

good call
would even keep wilson as i think that he is a good player but as everyone in every walk of life knows if you dont like you boss you wont give 100%

and i think if Sammy went he would be back giving 110% again
glagys

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:16 am

No Hurst? Wilson? McCready?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby parkyboy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 am

Thank god some of you are not mgr
parkyboy

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 am

ezz wrote:No Hurst? Wilson? McCready?

I would play Wilson at LB from now until the end of the season and see how he does, he is on my maybe list. I think his contract is up in the summer anyway and in January there was talk about him moving on anyway so will he want to stay?

Hurst is ok and plays some nice football at times but I don't think he is the answer to our problems, I would keep him but only as a lower earner if he wanted to go off somewhere to get more money fair enough.

McCready & Charnock are tough ones they are ok but pretty standard they haven't really taken over from the Jimbo & Artell partnership, our defence has hardly been great this season. If there was a chance to sign better CB's then I would look at replacing them.

I would like to see Parish at CB next season as captain with either a new CB or McCready and a proper overlapping right back.

I would love Stanners to come back but the question is will he want to come back? he might be playing in league one with Torquay next season!!!

P/T Indie

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:42 am

Sammy deserves the chance to put right this season - he has been let down by numerous players who we can get rid of at the end of the season. A quick look at the first team squad and I reckon between 10-14 can go.

The only two names on my starting 11 for next season are Parrish and Roche. But neither are captain material. Parrish is a good player but NOT a leader.
Morecambe Jack

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:47 am

I think Wilson will happily walk in the summer and get a nice signer somewhere.

McGready is decent although at times uncomposed and gives posession away (cant believe he was schooled at Lilleshall) Charnock is on the edge of giving away a penalty or getting sent off at all times it seems. He hasnt grasped that your useless diving about on your backside. Haining is our best centre half by a country mile, evidently played really well for the stiffs last week, but seems his face doesn't fit.

Hurst looked lightweight last night, I think he has some nice touches but as has been said I don't think he is the answer.

Stanners is an interesting one, think it would all depend on management and the quality of the side going forward with regards him staying.
LA1Shrimp

Postby glagys » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:50 am

Sammy deserves the chance to put right this season - he has been let down by numerous players who we can get rid of at the end of the season. A quick look at the first team squad and I reckon between 10-14 can go.

Yeah but these are sammys players he brought them here and he has lost their respect and now they just turn out without commitment
glagys

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:06 am

nik wrote:I think Wilson will happily walk in the summer and get a nice signer somewhere.

McGready is decent although at times uncomposed and gives posession away (cant believe he was schooled at Lilleshall) Charnock is on the edge of giving away a penalty or getting sent off at all times it seems. He hasnt grasped that your useless diving about on your backside. Haining is our best centre half by a country mile, evidently played really well for the stiffs last week, but seems his face doesn't fit.

Hurst looked lightweight last night, I think he has some nice touches but as has been said I don't think he is the answer.

Stanners is an interesting one, think it would all depend on management and the quality of the side going forward with regards him staying.

Spot on

P/T Indie

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 pm

outs

Jevons(right out)
Caphaldi(he better not bump into me)
Wainwright(i like him but he's not part of first team plans)
Bentley(i love the guy as a player but time stops for no man.)

not to sure?

Scot( i rate him at the start of the season I would have built my team around him he just needs to prove his full fitness a bit like the Ian Craney situation last year)

Rundle(something not right? maybe he would play better under another manager?)

Drummond(id like him to take a coaching role and a squad place as back up)

Holdsworth(i liked the look of him why is he not playing? the thought of him and Wilson on the other side doing forward raids)

Hunter(he's a trier but that's all and does he want to be a squad player all is career)

Spencer(am still not convinced and he is on loan)

Zac Aley(already i would love him on a season long loan next year i want to see more of him)

ins

and the rest of the squad id keep even Mullin tactically off the bench still as a lot to offer
George Dawes

Postby parkyboy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:30 pm

In other words dawzi you wold basclly keep thngs as they are
parkyboy

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:40 pm

parkyboy wrote:In other words dawzi you wold basclly keep thngs as they are

i have faith in most of our squad apart a bit of pace id love Zac Aley on a longer deal and Carlton whos a bit of pace signed up on a 2year deal he's nothing to prove he loves the MFC shirt

oh and plus Shuker who as pace he still as not been given a fair chance on the right wing he's just been messesd about

basically its how Sammy assembles them and gets the best out of them he's done a poor job this year.
George Dawes

Postby parkyboy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 pm

As i put in a previous post i think he has lost players respect, so agree with most of what you have put
parkyboy

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:07 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Sammy deserves the chance to put right this season - he has been let down by numerous players who we can get rid of at the end of the season. A quick look at the first team squad and I reckon between 10-14 can go.

And how many of those 10-14 players are on two year contracts? There will hardly be a queue forming to take some of the players we don't want off our hands.
morecambegeek

Postby parkyboy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Will othrs come to jon a club that has performed abysmal this season ,if we dont make some changes at the top
parkyboy

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:14 pm

parkyboy wrote:As i put in a previous post i think he has lost players respect, so agree with most of what you have put

If that is purely based on body language then thats a daft statement.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:15 pm

parkyboy wrote:Will othrs come to jon a club that has performed abysmal this season ,if we dont make some changes at the top

Making changes at the top doesn't hide that we've under-performed this season, for new players.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:24 pm

Here we go, more bollocks about losing players respect. Load of crap.

Actually morecambegeek (campdave?), the players out of contract this season are:

Drummond
Wainwright
Brown
Holdsworth
Shuker
Spencer
Hurst
Wilson
Hendrie
Mullin
Crapaldi
Haining
Carlton
Walker
Bentley

15 players.
Morecambe Jack

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Thats actually pretty worrying, i'm sure it may be a bit early for contracts but thats a whole squad near enough, some people would like to see the back of, but they still need to be replaced!
Going to be a busy summer
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:42 pm

out

Sammy (feel it may have come a bit too soon for Jim but if a new manager is willing to have him as assistant or keep him as reseve team manager)

Capaldi (doesn't give a toss about the club)

Stanley (if Sammy is still the manager or if Torquay make the play offs)

Brown (sorry but we need to get rid of some of these squad players)

Walker (would be supprised if he's not been told he won't be here next season yet)

Hendrie (not been getting good reviews at Tamworth and we hardly give him any time in the first team anyway)

Mullin (past it)

Wainwright (just making up the numbers)

Holsworth (need to see some more of him to be sure)
heysham_mfc

Postby Sammy h » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Here we go, more bollocks about losing players respect. Load of crap.

Actually morecambegeek (campdave?), the players out of contract this season are:

Drummond
Wainwright
Brown
Holdsworth
Shuker
Spencer
Hurst
Wilson
Hendrie
Mullin
Crapaldi
Haining
Carlton
Walker
Bentley

15 players.

Out of that list how many would you keep as players? I can name 3, possibly 4. That's it.

It's going to be a LONG summer.
Sammy h

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:Here we go, more bollocks about losing players respect. Load of crap.

Drummond
Wainwright
Brown
Holdsworth
Shuker
Spencer
Hurst
Wilson
Hendrie
Mullin
Crapaldi
Haining
Carlton
Walker
Bentley

15 players.

Out of that list how many would you keep as players? I can name 3, possibly 4. That's it.

It's going to be a LONG summer.

Carlton
Drummy
Spencer
Wilson
Hendrie
Hurst
I liked Holdsworth from the 2 games I've seen of him
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion