Morecambe 1 - 2 Macclesfield (o.g. keeper???)

Morecambe 1 - 2 Macclesfield (o.g. keeper???)

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 pm

•32 Anyon
•15 McCready
•19 Wilson
•22 Parrish
•27 Charnock
•16 Drummond
•17 Fleming
•18 Hurst
•26 Capaldi
•14 Spencer
•30 Carlton
Substitutes
31 Walker, 02 Holdsworth, 09 Shuker, 11 Wainwright, 29 Brown, 33 Aley, 10 Jevons
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Morecambe 0 - 1 Macclesfield

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:42 pm

this season is one big rollercoaster :evil:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:47 pm

yes with lots more dips than ups ..... another shocking result at the globe this evening and still no where near safe yet
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby parkyboy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:56 pm

Its a good job Stockport and Barnet are playing as bad and inconsistent as we are
parkyboy

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:59 pm

what a pathetic spineless performance that was,.team of 6 feet 4 giants and what do our gormless team do all night,.Our goalie had another poor game,flapped at some crosses and should have come for the ball with which they scored the 2nd.We really are a very poor side this year,lets hope others keep ,
losing and get this awful season over
scalehallshrimp

Postby Robert Jackson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Given the form of Stockport, Barnet and Burton, I don't think 50 points will be needed this season for complete safety.

Barnet must have thought they were safe with all those games they had in hand, but it's not proving much of a benefit to them. Anybody know how many points they have picked up in, say, their last six games?
Robert Jackson

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Robert Jackson wrote:Given the form of Stockport, Barnet and Burton, I don't think 50 points will be needed this season for complete safety.

Barnet must have thought they were safe with all those games they had in hand, but it's not proving much of a benefit to them. Anybody know how many points they have picked up in, say, their last six games?

Barnet picked up 7 in their last 6.

We picked up 6.
Spicy Shrimp

Postby marky » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:15 pm

I think you mean Burton, Robert ;) Typical Morecambe. Pick up a really important win in the Battle of Underhill then follow it up with a poor defeat. I know Ezz will want to just blame the players but for me, Sammy's complete inflexibility when it comes to picking his sides has to be one reason. Some may believe you should never change a winning side but Aley should have made his full debut tonight. We won but we looked ropey at times defensively on Saturday and a lot of that was a weakness on Capaldi's side. However, Barnet losing pretty much guarantees we'll end up being safe, though no one can afford to start thinking like that.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Re: Morecambe 1 - 2 Macclesfield (o.g. keeper???)

Postby Robert Jackson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Yes, sorry it was BURTON who had about six games in hand, wasn't it?

Do you know the answer Spicy, Burton's last six?
Robert Jackson

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:23 pm

They picked up 5
Spicy Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 pm

EVERY single player in that Macc team must have been around 6 foot tall. I've never seen a team like it. Good players too, a lot of them.

What on earth though was the 'kin point of our lot hoofing it in the bloody air all the time when we're up against a team of that size and stature ???? :twisted:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby broadwayshrimp » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:EVERY single player in that Macc team must have been around 6 foot tall. I've never seen a team like it. Good players too, a lot of them.

Which begs the question how do they manage to attract players like that given the resources they've got.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Loglayer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:08 pm

It really is bad, we were lucky to beat Barnet on Saturday. Tonight was pants again, no real idea at all in the team, pass it across the back four and then bang it up front strategy. This simply isn't good enough. I think a change of management and players at the end of the season is a absolute must.
Loglayer

Postby shrimper » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:09 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:EVERY single player in that Macc team must have been around 6 foot tall. I've never seen a team like it. Good players too, a lot of them.

What on earth though was the 'kin point of our lot hoofing it in the bloody air all the time when we're up against a team of that size and stature ???? :twisted:

Exactly, which is why McCready didn't (see your other post on 'that's it').
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:33 pm

marky wrote:I think you mean Burton, Robert ;) Typical Morecambe. Pick up a really important win in the Battle of Underhill then follow it up with a poor defeat. I know Ezz will want to just blame the players but for me, Sammy's complete inflexibility when it comes to picking his sides has to be one reason. Some may believe you should never change a winning side but Aley should have made his full debut tonight. We won but we looked ropey at times defensively on Saturday and a lot of that was a weakness on Capaldi's side. However, Barnet losing pretty much guarantees we'll end up being safe, though no one can afford to start thinking like that.

Your running out of bad things to say about Sammy, so you bring me into your post? Have I touched a nerve, or does it make you quiver that when your were crying for milk about Sammy to leave you were wrong? He's turned it round enough in the last few weeks to nearly guarentee us safety....yet every defeat you come on here like he's done it on purpose.
Nothing worse than fans who think they know better than the manager......sigh
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:39 pm

parkyboy wrote:Its a good job Stockport and Barnet are playing as bad and inconsistent as we are

Thing is, next season they will be replaced with the likes of Crawley, Plymouth, Swindon and Bristol Rovers :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Except I wasn't wrong. I merely brought you into it as an example of someone who will defend Sammy McIlroy to the death. I could just have easily have chosen Bare Ben, Ockers, etc. You were just the name that came to mind as I had recently read your post regarding our board. Incidentally just about guaranteeing safety less than a year after playing in the play offs (albeit through overachivement) is not something to write home about. Like it or not, for various reasons Sammy has failed this season. Pure, unadulterated fact.
marky

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:41 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
parkyboy wrote:Its a good job Stockport and Barnet are playing as bad and inconsistent as we are

Thing is, next season they will be replaced with the likes of Crawley, Plymouth, Swindon and Bristol Rovers :o

and plus if we lose Barry Roche this summer will be right up shits creek next season if things dont buck up
George Dawes

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:51 pm

marky wrote:Except I wasn't wrong. I merely brought you into it as an example of someone who will defend Sammy McIlroy to the death. I could just have easily have chosen Bare Ben, Ockers, etc. You were just the name that came to mind as I had recently read your post regarding our board. Incidentally just about guaranteeing safety less than a year after playing in the play offs (albeit through overachivement) is not something to write home about. Like it or not, for various reasons Sammy has failed this season. Pure, unadulterated fact.

...and you are are in your element because of it.
Morecambe Jack

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:53 pm

The scouts there tonight didn't use much ink anyway, just a few crossings out.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:02 am

Morecambe Jack wrote:...and you are are in your element because of it.

I wouldn't go that far, but it is no different to the displays of hero worship that came from the keyboards of the likes of Ezz when we finished 4th last season ;) Yes, I'm no Sammy fan, but I would much rather he was having success and we were higher up the table.
marky

Postby steve mfc » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:02 am

Well i don't think we were beaten by a better side tonight just one that was bigger and physically stronger, why is it every time we lose the team is accused of lacking passion personally i don't think there is a problem in that department.

If there was one reason we didn't win tonight apart from the physical difference between the sides then i would say it is a problem that has been there all season, the lack of quality in the final third of the pitch and that is something we will desperately need to address in the close season.

The final nail in the coffin tonight though was the decision to take Spencer of and replace him with Jevons, i don't have anything against Jevons but if there was one game you wouldn't bring him on as a sub then that would have to be tonight, with the physical presence that Macclesfield had it just didn't make sense, basicaly it was game over because we didn't have anyone who had the strength to keep hold of the ball up front after Spencer went off.
steve mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:11 am

spencers goal did him no favours, top corner yes, we at morecambe expect quality not quantity FFS, sort it out spenners or go back to higher level footy :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:12 am

ah fcuk it.. am drunk and am off to bed and when i get up i want you lot out of it!
Last edited by George Dawes on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:16 am

Could have got ourselves 12 points clear of the bottom 2 tonight oh well just gonna have to write this off as a bad season and rebiuld in the summer.

Lets just hope barnet and Stockport keep losing.
heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion