T- Shrimp

Re: Officially our worst ..

Postby steve mfc » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:56 pm

T- Shrimp wrote:EVER start to the football league ;) :lol:

Behave its the second best start ever. :D
steve mfc

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Unbeaten in 5. Stop all this negativity and get behind YOUR club.A point away is good enough
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby T- Shrimp » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:20 pm

cragbankshrimp wrote:Unbeaten in 5. Stop all this negativity and get behind YOUR club.A point away is good enough

You ever heard of a joke ?
T- Shrimp

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:23 pm

is that your idea of a joke :roll:
cragbankshrimp

Postby campdave » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:34 pm

cragbankshrimp wrote:Unbeaten in 5. Stop all this negativity and get behind YOUR club.A point away is good enough

campdave

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:53 pm

Irony hasn't reached rural Carnforth yet! :lol: :lol: :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby T- Shrimp » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:22 pm

cragbankshrimp wrote:is that your idea of a joke :roll:

:shock: :shock:
T- Shrimp

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:49 pm

thought it was quite funny actually
durhamshrimp

Postby T- Shrimp » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:29 pm

:)
T- Shrimp

Postby Aspers » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:38 am

:lol:
Aspers

Postby DTSJim » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:27 am

the term lol is overused nowadays but ......

LOL!!!!! :lol:
DTSJim

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:20 pm

Oh the evil drink. Embarrassed isn't the word :oops:
cragbankshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:28 am

Keith wrote:Irony hasn't reached rural Carnforth yet! :lol: :lol: :roll:

:shock: :shock: :? :? :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:41 am

Hey , there used to be an Iron works at Carnforth when you were a boy , so me dad told me . :D :D :D
parceldave

Postby parceldave » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:25 am

Terve ! On a positive note we have won less games than Rotherham , Bournmouth and Luton and have -3 goal differance . Oh well back to the sauna and my book . Hyvää Päivää. :)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:34 am

parceldave wrote:

Hey , there used to be an Iron works at Carnforth when you were a boy , so me dad told me . :D :D :D

The Iron Works

In the 1840s, Carnforth became the site for a new iron works. Many of the workers came from the Earl of Dudley's failing works in Worcestershire. Then, with the opening of the station, the Railway Companies needed to build more houses to accommodate the staff and engine drivers. With the increase of workers, the population thus trebled during the next ten years to 1091.

In 1864, the iron works was taken over by the Carnforth Haematite Company, which expanded production by bringing in ore from the Furness Peninsula using the railway. In 1872, the works was started using the Bessemer process to produce high quality steel. However, by the 1890s things were not going well, and three of the four blast furnaces we closed and production carried on until the iron works was closed in 1929. Even in the present day, the site is still often referred to as 'The Old Iron Works'.

:? How old was ya dad? :lol:

Back to the football
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:50 am

marky No.1 wrote:
parceldave wrote:

The Iron Works

In the 1840s, Carnforth became the site for a new iron works. Many of the workers came from the Earl of Dudley's failing works in Worcestershire. Then, with the opening of the station, the Railway Companies needed to build more houses to accommodate the staff and engine drivers. With the increase of workers, the population thus trebled during the next ten years to 1091.

In 1864, the iron works was taken over by the Carnforth Haematite Company, which expanded production by bringing in ore from the Furness Peninsula using the railway. In 1872, the works was started using the Bessemer process to produce high quality steel. However, by the 1890s things were not going well, and three of the four blast furnaces we closed and production carried on until the iron works was closed in 1929. Even in the present day, the site is still often referred to as 'The Old Iron Works'.

:? How old was ya dad? :lol:

Back to the football

He's 72 bout same age as Keith just a bit less hair :lol: That site is near where my grandad started his coal buisness referred to as The Old Coal Yard .
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:44 pm

parceldave wrote:He's 72 bout same age as Keith just a bit less hair :lol: That site is near where my grandad started his coal buisness referred to as The Old Coal Yard .

Yeah i can see it from my flagpole!

Anyway not wanting to be too positive but back to our BEST ever position after 8 games in the Football League ~
After 8 games last season we were in 17th with 9 points which was 5 points above bottom and just 3 points from a relegation slot. We were also 5 points from a play off position.
Goals for ~ 7. Goals against ~ 9

This season we are 16th with 7 points and are 15 points from a relegation slot. We are still only 6 points from a play off spot
Goals for ~ 8. Goals against ~ 11

We have played the top 3, beaten one of them and drawn against another while scoring 1 of only 2 goals they have conceded (statto eat ya heart out)

Rotherham are looking strong and Bournemouth have had 2 good results recently but Grimsby, Luton and recently Port Vale are on the slide.

This league is very tight and every point will count hence this unbeaten run is very valuable. If we can just turn a draw into a win we will be on our way :D
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:50 pm

parceldave wrote:He's 72 bout same age as Keith just a bit less hair...

Any more of your lip and ya' banned!

Bloody kids mutter mutter grumble...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:38 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
parceldave wrote:This league is very tight and every point will count hence this unbeaten run is very valuable. If we can just turn a draw into a win we will be on our way :D

Which we will do on Saturday.

Say it with me now: "We WILL beat Chesterfield. We WILL beat Chesterfield. We WILL.....!"
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby parceldave » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:53 am

Keith wrote:
parceldave wrote:He's 72 bout same age as Keith just a bit less hair...

Any more of your lip and ya' banned!

Bloody kids mutter mutter grumble...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

You can ban me from this computer but not when i get home :cry: :cry: :cry:
parceldave

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:23 am

[

Anyway not wanting to be too positive but back to our BEST ever position after 8 games in the Football League ~
After 8 games last season we were in 17th with 9 points which was 5 points above bottom and just 3 points from a relegation slot. We were also 5 points from a play off position.

This season we are 16th with 7 points and are 15 points from a relegation slot. We are still only 6 points from a play off spot

I can't believe we are only two points behind where we were last season.

The thing thing is if you work out where Luton, Bournemouth & Rotherham would be without points deductions that leaves a bottom three of Lincoln, Barnet & Grimsby as the worst teams in the league on results based. I feel we needed to take more points off these three teams turning a couple of draws.
However like Christie Child always says we always seem to play better against the better teams so hopefuly we will get a win against Chesterfield especially with their poor form at the moment.

Also we have never lost to Chesterfield :D

That's another draw then :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby parceldave » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:59 am

P/T Indie wrote:[

I can't believe we are only two points behind where we were last season.

The thing thing is if you work out where Luton, Bournemouth & Rotherham would be without points deductions that leaves a bottom three of Lincoln, Barnet & Grimsby as the worst teams in the league on results based. I feel we needed to take more points off these three teams turning a couple of draws.
However like Christie Child always says we always seem to play better against the better teams so hopefuly we will get a win against Chesterfield especially with their poor form at the moment.

Also we have never lost to Chesterfield :D

That's another draw then :lol:

Think positive and remember the F.A Cup at their place :D . Dont think my clothes have dried out yet. :lol:
parceldave

Return to General Discussion