Team for Saturday

Team for Saturday

Postby Ntini » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Sorry if anyone has already posted about this, but I couldn't see one!

It's do or die time at the business end of the season. 6-pointer and all that. So here's my team for a nervy 2-1 win (based on the same people being unavailable as per Saturday):

_________________ANYON__________________
PARRISH___McCREADY___CHARNOCK____CAPALDI
SHUKER_____HURST______HUNTER_____WILSON
__________CARLTON_____SPENCER___________

Drummond, as much as he's given to the club, looks like his legs are letting him down, which is a shame. Fleming gives everything, but I feel he plays better when there are 3 in the centre of midfield, so possibly use him as a decent sub. Then we also have Aley to come on and hopefully inject a bit more pace down the right side and jevons to come on as some fresh legs up front when we need it.

The only question with my team is who do you toss the armband to? I'd say either Wilson (get him fired up) or give the responsibility to Parrish and hope that he cuts out the silly mistakes.

Discuss!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Re: Team for Saturday

Postby shrimper » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Anyon (assuming Rochey's still out)

Parrish McCready Charnock Wilson

(Hurst)Hunter Drummond Fleming Hurst (Aley)

Carlton Spencer

Depends if he's going to throw Aley in straight off or use him from the bench.

Fleming to score first goal (12/1), ball bobbles up off a bumpy pitch and he cracks a swerving shot past a wrong-footed keeper from the edge of the box.

Don't ask me about final score, though.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:23 pm

----------------Anyon---------------

Back------four-----picks-----itself (as per Shrimpers)

Shukes--Drums--Flemmo--Hurst

------------DC--------Jevo----------
Last edited by RedRedWine1 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRedWine1

Postby Lloydie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:49 pm

________________Anyon________________
Parrish___Bentley(c)___McCready___Capaldi
Aley____Brown______Fleming______Wilson
________Hurst________________________
______________Carlton_________________

I think thats the best we have available but don't think many will agree...Need fighters in the team why I'd recall Jimbo
Lloydie

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Lloydie wrote:________________Anyon________________
Parrish___Bentley(c)___McCready___Capaldi
Aley____Brown______Fleming______Wilson
________Hurst________________________
______________Carlton_________________

I think thats the best we have available but don't think many will agree...Need fighters in the team why I'd recall Jimbo

Very cagey and defensive there but I agree with putting Jimbo in purely for the fight that's coming our way because this is going to be a war of Attrition with no quarter given

One upfront will always be a problem in a game like this one, we need to be going forward and keeping them on the back foot
HALMA 1983

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Roche/Anyon
Parrish McCready Charnock Capaldi
Shuker Drummond Fleming Hurst
Carlton Aley
Little Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:14 pm

ppfffttt, orange squash all over the screen.

Capaldi....really? You do know that we need to be solid at the back and creative going forward? Wilson starts at LB unless you want to try him at left midfield again, which didn't really work.
RedRedWine1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Anyon

Parrish McCready Charnock Capaldi (for throw ins)

Blackburn lad Drummond Fleming Wilson

Hurst Carlton(or Jevons)
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:30 pm

RedRedWine wrote:ppfffttt, orange squash all over the screen.

Capaldi....really? You do know that we need to be solid at the back and creative going forward? Wilson starts at LB unless you want to try him at left midfield again, which didn't really work.

Wilson has been pretty poor these last few games. Also, Capaldi has the long throw.
Little Shrimp

Postby Duffman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:40 pm

RedRedWine wrote:----------------Anyon---------------

Ppfffftt... Jevons?!

We can't afford to carry players on Saturday, Jevons has been poor and goes missing at times. Spencer never seems to stop running and his reaction last week when he got subbed shows how much he wants to be on the pitch.
Duffman

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:00 pm

I like Spencer but he's wasteful when he has got the ball. The front two positions need mixing up a little, try something different. No goals in three games for the front pairings and other than a couple of audacious efforts from DC they haven't looked like scoring. DC and Jevs hasn't really been tried, so why not? Jevs doesn't run about much, but he's still the best finisher at the club by some distance.

Wilson was in the sides that beat Chessie, Southend and should have drawn at Bury (or even won)....ironically dropped back to LB because the LM thing wasn't working and Capaldi has been a pile of toss in general play. Given that everybody was shit against Bradford apart from McCready and Anyon, I can't see why you've opted to drop Wilson and single him out for poor displays. I've opted for a change in the front pairings due to the lack of goals coming from this area and Shukes in for Hunter because I think he is more naturally accustomed to playing in this role, but surely there shouldn't be too much changed from the side that should have had 7/9 points out of 12 from the last four games?
RedRedWine1

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:57 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I like Spencer but he's wasteful when he has got the ball. The front two positions need mixing up a little, try something different. No goals in three games for the front pairings and other than a couple of audacious efforts from DC they haven't looked like scoring. DC and Jevs hasn't really been tried, so why not? Jevs doesn't run about much, but he's still the best finisher at the club by some distance.

Wilson was in the sides that beat Chessie, Southend and should have drawn at Bury (or even won)....ironically dropped back to LB because the LM thing wasn't working and Capaldi has been a pile of toss in general play. Given that everybody was shit against Bradford apart from McCready and Anyon, I can't see why you've opted to drop Wilson and single him out for poor displays. I've opted for a change in the front pairings due to the lack of goals coming from this area and Shukes in for Hunter because I think he is more naturally accustomed to playing in this role, but surely there shouldn't be too much changed from the side that should have had 7/9 points out of 12 from the last four games?

Just cos he was in those sides doesn't mean he played well. Can't say how well he did against Chesterfield since I wasn't there. However, he managed to slice every ball that fell to him against Southend, and just gave the ball away all the time against Bury. Also, he keeps over hitting his crosses.
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:01 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I like Spencer but he's wasteful when he has got the ball. The front two positions need mixing up a little, try something different. No goals in three games for the front pairings and other than a couple of audacious efforts from DC they haven't looked like scoring. DC and Jevs hasn't really been tried, so why not? Jevs doesn't run about much, but he's still the best finisher at the club by some distance.

fair point that about Spencer i have been thinking the same myself in recent games but Jevons no thanks! not in a religation battle when you need fighters out there.

4 2 2

Anyon
Shuker Drummond Fleming Aley
Hurst Carlton
George Dawes

Postby bigreddog » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:00 pm

................................Anyon.........................

...........McCready.......Bentley.......Charnock............

Parrish.....Hunter.......Drummond....Hurst....Wilson....

....................Jevons..............Carlton...................

subs:

Walker
Capaldi
Spencer
Fleming
Aley
Shuker
Brown
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby parkyboy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:53 pm

ROCHE
PARISH
BENTLEY
MCREADIE
CHARNOCK
SHUKER
HURST
FLEMING
WILSONCARLTON
SPENCER
This team to win 3 2
parkyboy

Postby parceldave » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Duffman wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:----------------Anyon---------------

Ppfffftt... Jevons?!

We can't afford to carry players on Saturday, Jevons has been poor and goes missing at times. Spencer never seems to stop running and his reaction last week when he got subbed shows how much he wants to be on the pitch.

Hmm i think RRW has been on the RW , most of his posts i agree with but Jevons :o whilst he should be the best finisher he just doesn't look interested. Very difficult to select a team that can win a game because we have been so inconsistent all season . I cant agree with Shrimper about back 4 that picks its self either as they have conceded so many goals and for me Andy Parrish is the best centre -half we have . I would really like to see Haining back in there as i think in the right team with the right manager he is one of the best players in this division. So lets have a bit of a change as not much else has worked this season

......................Walker...................
Hunter..... Parrish....McCreedy.....Wilson
...................Haining..........................
Hurst..........Flemming....................Brown / new guy
.......................DC.....Bentley :o ...................

By the way this 4th pint of Broadside tastes very nice . ;)
parceldave

Postby james456 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:37 am

Anyon
Shuker Fleming Brown Hurst
Carlton Jevons

I think that's a reasonable back four and keeper. Shuker I'd bring in to play in his natural position - I still think he could potentially do well for us there. Then keep Hurst on the left where he had a great game v Chesterfield and have Fleming and Brown forming a hard working central midfield. Jevons because I still feel he could pop up with a goal if given 90 minutes to do so in and Carlton to do the running!
james456

Postby Ntini » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Ntini wrote:_________________ANYON__________________
PARRISH___McCREADY___CHARNOCK____CAPALDI
SHUKER_____HURST______HUNTER_____WILSON
__________CARLTON_____SPENCER___________

At least sammy considered the re-call of capaldi, if only for the long throws!!!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Return to General Discussion