Battle of Barnet

Battle of Barnet

Postby halftimeresults » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:53 am

I expect that the Battle of Barnet is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of league football. Upon it depends the contracts of many players, and the long continuity of Sammy's Empire. The whole fury and might of Barnet must very soon be turned on us.

Fairclough knows that his team will have to break us in this shit hole of a stadium. If we can stand up to him and his team, all shrimp fans may be free and the life in league 2 may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands.

But if we fail, then our little football world, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of Blue Square Premier.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if Morecambe football club's league status last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."
halftimeresults

Re: Battle of Barnet

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:00 am

On our way down through enemy lines today. We shall lay out markers for your safe thoroughfare tomorrow. We shall fight them on the beaches, or maybe the M25. We shall have Enfield surrounded by midnight ready for the charge. Over and out Lieutenant. 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:14 am

A battle it shall be but we all need to keep the whole day POSITIVE!

Against Southend we sang from the off, even before we saw anything decent on the pitch. We did the same against Bradford, but when we went a goal down the atmosphere disappeared. :(

Lets get the party atmoshere going from the off, sing our hearts out and play for 3 points. Anything less any it could be a long trip up north! :cry:
Wild Bill

Postby ezz » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:48 am

God speed gents, wish I could be going.

If I had a salute smiley it'd be right......(here)Image (and now it is!) :roll:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:40 am

Best of luck to the fans and players on this one, Hope to god we win any way possible (the uglier the better) but a draw would be a great result
Keeping Izale quiet will be a massive problem unless Bents or Haining start but it needs someone on their game to do it

As said This is the BIG one and like them we must get something from this game!
HALMA 1983

Postby Caged Lion » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:25 am

If everyone lucky enough to go can give it full volume the players will be in no doubt that we are passionate about retaining League status. Truly gutted that we can't be there, but will be there in spirit.

The away terrace is situated on one side of a pitch long paddock with roof feeling close to the pitch, so the volume will be felt good and proper by the players. The Barnet 'singers' on one side of a barrier and the Morecambe hordes on the other. They will certainly hear the Morecambe sing tomorrow. The atmosphere will be stunning.

COME ON MORECAMBE PUMP IT UP :D
Caged Lion

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:07 pm

halftimeresults wrote:I expect that the Battle of Barnet is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of league football. Upon it depends the contracts of many players, and the long continuity of Sammy's Empire. The whole fury and might of Barnet must very soon be turned on us.

Fairclough knows that his team will have to break us in this shit hole of a stadium. If we can stand up to him and his team, all shrimp fans may be free and the life in league 2 may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands.

But if we fail, then our little football world, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of Blue Square Premier.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if Morecambe football club's league status last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."

(c)Hodgy's wife

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Loyalsupporter » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Hopefully there will be no battle at Barnet, hopefully they will be rolled over and be given a lesson both on and off the pitch

Come 7 Am, I shall be wearing my battle colours, 07:30 I shall devour my morning snack, Come 08:15 Morecambe's very own "300" shall set off on their journey to be victorious.

(incase you've forgotten our latest battle chant - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCAN_F-n ... re=related)
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Some early good news

we moved up one place in the league after Hereford lost 4-0 at Southend tonight and we moved above them on goal difference.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Set off this morning in sunglasses and tee shirt. South of Luton was freezing, black cloud and headlights. Car transporter tipped up on M25, 1 hour to cross Enfield, other than that hunky dory. Got the double decker ready for the morning :D
marky No.1

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:48 am

We are staying up,
I said we are staying up,
We are staying up,
We are staying up,
We are staying up,
I said we are staying up.

It's time to stand up and be counted, it's time to believe, so get behind the lads and cheer them onto victory :D
thegentlegiant

Postby Mike » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:47 am

Derbyshire Reds on our way

no free transport or drivers for us exiles

see you in 3 hours

I just cant get enough, I just cant get enough

we are staying up, I said we are staying up :)
"He's got all the time in the world - no he's taken far too long"
Mike

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:58 am

Walthamstow bus station . Forget Spurs were at home :o
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion