Cafe for Saturday

Cafe for Saturday

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:21 am

Does anyone Know of a cafe in Morecambe that is open from 6.30 am?
halftimeresults

Re: Cafe for Saturday

Postby Duffman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:19 am

The legendary "Big Breakfast" on White Lund might be your best bet, I would imagine that's open quite early. If you're heading from the Shrimp, go over the bridge and turn left at traffic lights, it's just on your left.

Heard great things but never been myself, might have to try it on Saturday.
Duffman

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:03 am

The Big Breakfast on westgate is the ultimate workers greasy spoon. The aptly named death on a plate with 4 sausages and 4 rashers of bacon will kill you. Not sure what time it opens on weekends though.

Isn't there a cafe down the alley between queens street and the chieftan that is open early?Might be an all night one actually. Beat breakfast den in town was the crescent coffee lounge when the O'Hagans ran it. It's a costa coffee now, unbelievable Jeff!!
RedRedWine1

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:32 am

Why don't they open the Globe for breakfast? they will after all have 6 coach loads of football fans waiting outside.
heysham_mfc

Postby mfcbro » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Even if its just bacon and sausage butties.
mfcbro

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:37 pm

I have emailed Toby but with no response, I am guessing that they possible are not opening as the staff are all on one of the coaches, just a guess like, could be completely wrong!
thegentlegiant

Postby George Dawes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:16 pm

am not 100% sure but am sure the Big Breakfast opens at 7am but i would recommend a breakfast there the bloke who runs it is a very good chief not some chancer whose just thought "oh i know lets open up a cafe on a industrial estate and get all the workers in and just dish out cheap food" he actually is a very good experianced chief who also does good dinners with proper roast potato's and fresh veg more than what most pubs do round here and much better value

but there is a newsagents around the corner on westgate what am sure opens up earlier and does breakfast buns to take away
George Dawes

Postby Gav » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:34 pm

chief.jpg
chief.jpg (24.02 KiB) Viewed 870 times

I wondered where the chief got to. Good to know he has invested his money wisely.
"Don't talk to me about being a star sunshine, I'm on You tube. No seriously, you type in St Albans Vs Morecambe and that's me...celebrating...running to hug a grown man, don't judge me fella, it's pride and passion"
Gav

Postby George Dawes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:41 pm

a good un that :lol: :oops: :P
George Dawes

Postby Gav » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Sorry Dawzi, I could not resist!
"Don't talk to me about being a star sunshine, I'm on You tube. No seriously, you type in St Albans Vs Morecambe and that's me...celebrating...running to hug a grown man, don't judge me fella, it's pride and passion"
Gav

Postby George Dawes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:50 pm

no problem.. i probably wouldn't have realized my mistake other wise :P
George Dawes

Postby MFC Club Shop » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi All

The club has organized a trailer to sell Bacon and Sausage buns along with Tea and Coffee on the Saturday morning at the Globe.

Phill
MFC Club Shop

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:11 pm

MFC Club Shop wrote:Hi All

The club has organized a trailer to sell Bacon and Sausage buns along with Tea and Coffee on the Saturday morning at the Globe.

Phill

Cheers for letting people know :D
thegentlegiant

Postby shrimper » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:15 pm

MFC Club Shop wrote:Hi All

Phill

Do they do mushrooms?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Gav » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:36 am

Do they deliver?.....
Gav

Postby shrimper » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:28 am

No - just bacon and sausage.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Gav » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:18 am

Boom Boom! Thanks Mr C, that's the standard of comedy that kept us going all the way to Colwyn Bay all those years ago! See you tommorow?
Gav

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:53 am

DawZi wrote:am not 100% sure but am sure the Big Breakfast opens at 7am but i would recommend a breakfast there the bloke who runs it is a very good chief not some chancer whose just thought "oh i know lets open up a cafe on a industrial estate and get all the workers in and just dish out cheap food" he actually is a very good experianced chief who also does good dinners with proper roast potato's and fresh veg more than what most pubs do round here and much better value

but there is a newsagents around the corner on westgate what am sure opens up earlier and does breakfast buns to take away

I wasn't being disrespectful when I said 'greasy spoon' or 'it will kill you', for me Big Breakfast does the best Full-English in town and is excellent value for the sheer vastness of breakfast delights that you get on a single plate. It's just what you need before a long day on the ale...or work...or in my case both.

It is what it is though. Most people would not go there for a proper sit down meal.

Spoons breakfasts are pretty good these days, apart from the rock hard bacon and the sweaty field mushroom they dish up. Must be how they do them in Poland.
RedRedWine1

Return to General Discussion