Free travel to Barnet game (old thread)

Re: Free travel to Barnet game

Postby middletonshrimp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:19 pm

No Lets be ultra fair, if you boasted free travel for however many fans want to travel and then you give them a deadline in the local press of 5pm on Wednesday you should bloody well stick to that commitment. I was turned away at lunch time today as all six coaches were full. Thanks very much Peter lets hope the players show more commitment to this game than you have to sticking to your promise! And I'm not a fair weather supporter and i do understand about deadlines and limits but if you say 5pm is the deadline you shouldn't be turning people away at lunchtime. Comment from Mr McGuigan?
No thought not.
middletonshrimp

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:34 pm

I'd be surprised if a polite phone call, explaining your position, failed to get something sorted.

(Once you've calmed down - and that's not a dig, I'd be annoyed in your position).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Sammy h » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Just to add to what Shrimper has said and someone else said above, I would try turning up on the morning, there are bound to be a few people who do not turn up or sleep in etc.
Sammy h

Postby halftimeresults » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:43 pm

What about filling the community minibus?
halftimeresults

Postby middletonshrimp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:46 pm

I had just that thought so i did just that in a remarkably polite and calm manner considering how disappointed i was feeling (I've even supported our club by organising a full day conference at the Globe last month to put a few more hundred coffers in the tin). The response i got was they put my name on a list just in case anyone pulls out before Saturday. Fat chance! But thanks for the empathy, it is appreciated.
middletonshrimp

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Sammy h wrote:Just to add to what Shrimper has said and someone else said above, I would try turning up on the morning, there are bound to be a few people who do not turn up or sleep in etc.

.....as a last resort.

And remember there's always the power of Shrimpsvoices - anyone with a space (or who knows someone) who finds out they can't go - post on here and let those who missed out take your place.

We're all in this together!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby middletonshrimp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Yes good idea, i'm not proud i'll take anybody place
middletonshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Sammy h wrote:Just to add to what Shrimper has said and someone else said above, I would try turning up on the morning, there are bound to be a few people who do not turn up or sleep in etc.

I got ridiculed for suggesting such a thing last week. Hope you get sorted Middleton
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby middletonshrimp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Cheers Marky, i'll be gutted if i don't, especially as my son and brother have got their places reserved and we're desperate to repeat the atmosphere we had in Chesterfield a couple of weeks ago!
middletonshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Hope you got sorted, Middleton?

I see Cheltenham are now offering free travel, although this time it is an apology from the players for conceding 8 goals at the weekend :lol:

http://www.ctfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,, ... 09,00.html
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:12 pm

..a double decker bus...
first come first served

I hate you Butler :!: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:36 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
..a double decker bus...
first come first served

I hate you Butler :!: :lol: :lol:

Maybe NERSO is driving? I bet he wishes there was fog at Crewe, or a least a floodlight failure
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion