Remember beating Bury at home?

Remember beating Bury at home?

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:36 pm

Not this season, but we did according to the Visitor!
We play Macclesfield on 29th January? :roll: :? :roll:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: Remember beating Bury at home?

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:19 am

Everyone's lack of response to this post surprises me.
Either you all think it doesn't matter that our local paper continues to get basic facts wrong about our local team, or you don't think the Visitor counts for much these days anyway.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:28 am

Must be too busy trying to find tenuous local links to international disasters to be able to check basic facts.
morecambegeek

Postby Duffman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:55 am

I suspect many people, like myself, have given up on the Visitor. It's simply terrible nowadays. The content has halved yet the price has gone up and what content is in there isn't worth reading.
Duffman

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:09 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:Everyone's lack of response to this post surprises me.
Either you all think it doesn't matter that our local paper continues to get basic facts wrong about our local team, or you don't think the Visitor counts for much these days anyway.

Or perhaps you didn't give it long enough? From 9:30pm to 9:00am the following day, the forum isn't that busy. Another reason for no responses may be that you simply stated a fact and left no invitation for a response? If you'd followed the fact with your opinion, you may have opened up a debate?

But to be honest, I think you were right, "...you don't think the Visitor counts for much these days anyway". It must break the hearts of those who worked on the paper in previous years. Sadly Johnston Press have raped and pillaged their way through local newspapers throughout the country and left many of them a mere shadow of their former selves. I don't even look at the web site any more.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion