A plea to the players who read this board.

A plea to the players who read this board.

Postby KeyboardWarrior » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Saturdays game is as important as any game I can remember in our recent history. Just 12 months ago we won 8 out of the last 11 games not through having a great side, but having a great team ethic, leaders on the pitch and a real desire to send Christie Park off with a bang, and we got there, and to quote the current phrase popular at the moment "we were all in it together" giving us our best ever performance as a Football Club ever.

Fast forward to now. Many of the leaders of that side have gone. Why we'll never know, but Artell and Stanley have gone when both wanted to stay and have been on record to say as much I believe. Duffy gone, Mullen not playing, Jevons a shell of the man who fired in all those goals last season, Drummond for all he wants to simply not being able to get his 37 year old legs around the park anymore, yet we have spent millions on "improving" the team with journeymen.

Now, I hope I'm wrong, I really really fucking hope I'm wrong but there are at least 6 players who I won't accuse or name, you can do that yourselves, are clearly happy picking up by all accounts a heavily weighed pay packet from this club week in week out and not really giving a toss whether we win or lose. Yeah they would like to win, but if Morecambe get relegated I feel that they can think they can trot out some line to a prospective new club about playing at a bigger club than little Morecambe, the new ground problems blah blah blah holding them back and not really care where or what happens to Morecambe. Something simply unthinkable in the last 12 years or so since I've been coming to watch the Shrimps

I hope and pray also, that the appearance of Peter Risdale at a few games and the Charm Passion from Hong Kong http://www.morecambefc.com/page/OwnerShip/0,,10866,00.htmlowning 13% of the football club - a firm which when googled aren't even incorporated in this country are not related in anyway shape or form to football. His history at funding Football clubs is hardly glowing lets be honest. Perhson Wong at least seems to be some chap who has the marketing rights to sell Umbro Football Shirts in Asia (again, thanks Google) so hopefully its a PMG contract who wants to get involved, and not Risdale.

I don't know who to blame. I want to blame just about everyone at the moment, from McIlroy to the Directors to the players on the pitch, to the kid who hasn't got the right change ready for the programme I buy at the globe, to the fact that we have no FL approved Youth System, the appalling build standard of the stadium and how Globe were appointed, the complete lack of scouting that appears to take place at the club and the apparent lack of definable management structure in the club as a result but that can wait until the Summer, and has to.

What is important is that we the fans categorically let the players wearing the shirt that nothing less than 100% commitment to the cause is acceptable. Every lost cause chased down. Every runner tracked. Every set piece meticulously planned and marked out. Because we are not good enough unless this is done, and importantly as fans that we will accept defeat so long as everything has been left on the pitch after 90 minutes and will cheer from start to finish. We cannot afford to drift through these last 10 games. We must leave nothing to chance.

Are we doing that, or are we going through the motions, expecting that we are good enough to get 3 wins out of the remaining 10 to get to 49 points that should be enough?

In 10 years we have gone from averaging 1000 a week to 2000 a week. The ten years prior to that from 15 to 1000. This was built in a slow progressive manner done the right way and inside 12 months we appear to be hitting the self destruct button and chucking the heart and soul out of the club out of the window. We are staring an away trip to Braintree in August (its in Essex) full in the face and given the money we have thrown at this it simply is unacceptable.

We all know the players, management and directors read this board. What I'm asking to those discontented at the club to do is to find your new clubs for next year, if you don't want to be here, fine, but you've had the support of us the fans, all year, home and away. You have to be incredibly shit for us not to get behind you, and even then, so long as you put your back into it, we'll still stick up for you against anyone. Nearly every player who has played here at some point has noted that. We have kept singing at Gravesend, Dagenham, Exeter and loads of non descript non league shitholes when you've/we've got a pasting, dreaming of home ties against the likes of Bradford in the League. Now repay us with getting your head down for the remainder of the season. I trust you have the ability to get us out of the mire. I don't trust you currently have the desire to get us out of the mire.

See you at Barnet and make us proud to be involved with this football club. Too many people have given countless amounts of free time and money to get it where it is for you to throw it away because your mind is elsewhere.
KeyboardWarrior

Re: A plea to the players who read this board.

Postby ezz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Well you joined 2 weeks ago, and now i know why you haven't posted till now......it's taken you that long type that out!!! :lol:

Nice post
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:56 pm

well said and very honest! one of the best posts on here in a long time.
George Dawes

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:15 pm

SUPERB post and sums up a LOT of feelings perfectly.

I've read it now 3 or 4 times and it gets better each read !!

Welcome to SV, Keyboard Warrior.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby halftimeresults » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:23 pm

A bloody great post
( I think it is shrimper )
halftimeresults

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:06 pm

halftimeresults wrote:A bloody great post

I thought it was YOU !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby shrimper » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Not guilty.

Even if I was using a 'disguise' I still couldn't resist an apostrophe in the first word and I wouldn't use the 'f' word.

:D

And, while I can understand the sentiment and appreciate the post is clearly one 'from the heart', I wouldn't refer to the manager as 'McIlroy' and I really haven't seen any evidence of players who have played in the last four games (which we must understand to be our current first team squad) showing signs of not being bothered.

They were excellent at Chesterfield and at home to Southend - worked their proverbials off for 90 minutes at Bury and then at least put the effort in (maybe not the creativity and 'nouse' up front) against Bradford.

I'd also take issue about the 'quality of build' of the Globe - the design of the home stand and other parts of the ground were trimmed back because of budgets but I think the overall 'build' (and yes I'm mainly talking about the Main Stand) is top quality.

But - a good, honest post nevertheless and sure to spark debate.
Last edited by shrimper on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:14 pm

The perfect alibi :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:28 pm

shrimper wrote:

Not guilty.

Even if I was using a 'disguise' I still couldn't resist an apostrophe in the first word and I wouldn't use the 'f' word.

:D

KeyboardWarrior wrote:Something simply unthinkable in the last 12 years or so since I've been coming to watch the Shrimps

Besides, it's more like 52 years or so since Shrimper started watching the Shrimps!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:53 pm

What a great post! Joy to read and I hope some take it onboard and soon or it's curtains
HALMA 1983

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Yes, now is the time to pull ourselves together
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Not a thing I couldn't agree with in this post.
Last edited by marky on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Harry » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:08 pm

Sticky this.
Harry

Postby wijit » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:48 am

KeyboardWarrior wrote:
Now, I hope I'm wrong, I really really f**king hope I'm wrong but there are at least 6 players who I won't accuse or name, you can do that yourselves, are clearly happy picking up by all accounts a heavily weighed pay packet from this club week in week out and not really giving a toss whether we win or lose.
I don't trust you currently have the desire to get us out of the mire.

All well and good except for these two lines.
Firstly, clubs aren't stupid, so to "not give a toss" isn't going to get them another club, attitude still counts for a lot, and a bad one won't get them anywhere so this accusation, especially without the balls to name them and at least give the chance to defend themselves, even if, for whatever reason they may not, is utterly spineless.
Secondly, how the hell can you possibly claim to be a supporter and yet accuse the team of not having desire to get us out of this? Feel free to find a definition of "support" and then re-assess whether you stand by this. So, for all the fawning over this post, I think I'll stick to what I had decided a while ago and keep away from this place. My team is worth far more than this.
wijit

Postby USA Shrimp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:46 am

We need one of them forensic writing analyst types to figure out who this really is.

I think it's Mr. Potatoehead :o
USA Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:03 am

USA Shrimp wrote:We need one of them forensic writing analyst types to figure out who this really is.

I think it's Mr. Potatoehead :o

You say Mr . Potatoehead - we say mrpotatohead :!:

Damn Yanks :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with wijit bloke on this.
morecambe mick

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 am

No doubt about it, the answer to the mystery abodes 50 odd miles west of Heysham ;)
Plain Peter

Postby Bryan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:16 am

Do you fancy a job as the next Morecambe manager, keyboard Warrior? You seem to be making more sense than the current lot down at the Globe. I think nearly every fan is 100% behind the players despite what anyone thinks of the manager right now. That's the main thing. Shrimper also right about the last four games. But the point about too many journey men at the club is correct and letting the strong characters go is one of the key reason's we are in the shite this season. That and the shoebox known as the MBW Stand.
Bryan

Return to General Discussion