semi-O/T Total Fitness...

semi-O/T Total Fitness...

Postby Welshrimp » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:51 pm

... Lancaster appears to have closed for good. Do the lads still use it? Does anyone have any more information? (My wife and I still have 6 months of our membership to run, so :x )
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Re: semi-O/T Total Fitness...

Postby Posh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:24 pm

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... istration_

Old article but problems may have returned or closing down loss-making branches.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Naylz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:32 pm

Naylz

Postby Posh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Just posting same thing. http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk:80/n ... _1_3181459

As I recall the owners of Lancaster Business Park were also the owners of Total Fitness (bunch of Isle of Man tax dodgers). After administration maybe that's where the dispute started as they had new owners after the buyout???
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:03 pm

Posh wrote:Just posting same thing. http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk:80/n ... _1_3181459

As I recall the owners of Lancaster Business Park were also the owners of Total Fitness (bunch of Isle of Man tax dodgers). After administration maybe that's where the dispute started as they had new owners after the buyout???

dunno about that i worked on the one in Lancaster and Bolton and then the Preston one and there was others also in Hull & Liverpool and they were all first built and owned by a Jewish penny pinching millionaire back in 2000/02
George Dawes

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:19 pm

I remember The Gental Giant was having problems with them before xmas when he was setting up his leaflet business, I wonder if he got the money they owed him?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:26 pm

My sisters partners been made redundant today.. charging prices well above any other gym, sales dropping every month. The building will be demolished.
Crooky MFC

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:My sisters partners been made redundant today.. charging prices well above any other gym, sales dropping every month. The building will be demolished.

dunno it is in a good location right next to the motorway ideal for haulage or parcel firms for quick drop offs then jump straight back on the moterway
George Dawes

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Idiots are total fitness, tax dodging bill dodging bunch of d******ds. Sorry but getting companies to do work for them knowing they will go into admin, their a disgrace!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:21 pm

Was there last night. My membership was up for renewal in May and I think you got 2 months free for paying in advance so I've just about broken even. Feel sorry for those that have recently paid up front.

The place has been in need of a revamp for some time and this is not a surprise since the owners tried to re-negotiate the "high" rent. The only time I saw the car park anywhere near full was a few years ago when Travellers were parked on it!

Should do the Club's Gym a bit of good for some new members ?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 am

DawZi wrote:they were all first built and owned by a Jewish penny pinching millionaire back in 2000/02

Posh wrote:As I recall the owners of Lancaster Business Park were also the owners of Total Fitness (bunch of Isle of Man tax dodgers)

Albert Gubay is certainly not Jewish! He's donated a fortune to Catholic causes and just received a Papal-Knighthood (from the pope, naturally) so that suggests he may actually be Catholic.

He's worth £500+ million and will (legally) screw over any small businessman if it means he'll make an extra fiver for himself.

Still, at least now he's buying his stairway to heaven.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Joel Ninety » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:53 am

Keith wrote:
DawZi wrote:they were all first built and owned by a Jewish penny pinching millionaire back in 2000/02

Posh wrote:As I recall the owners of Lancaster Business Park were also the owners of Total Fitness (bunch of Isle of Man tax dodgers)

Albert Gubay is certainly not Jewish! He's donated a fortune to Catholic causes and just received a Papal-Knighthood (from the pope, naturally) so that suggests he may actually be Catholic.

He's worth £500+ million and will (legally) screw over any small businessman if it means he'll make an extra fiver for himself.

I did wonder whether that bit of casual anti-semitism would be picked up on.
Joel Ninety

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:41 am

Keith wrote:

the guy who i sub contracted for on them locations mentioned was called Ernie Boss a Jewish guy who lives in Hornchurch near Bolton he won all the Joinery & Painting Tiling contracts because it was community thing a bit like the freemasons he use to openly joke about it and he was a pleasure and a education to work with regarding making money down to the last penny.

oh and when Albert Gubay use to visit site(rarely) Ernie use to run to his van and put on his Jewish cap(don't know the name of the hats) to impress Gubay

thats is where i get my understanding
Last edited by George Dawes on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
George Dawes

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:48 am

My other half cancelled her Direct Debit last night.

Shame the new sports centre at the Uni is still a couple of months from been finished as there isn't a big gym in Lancaster now, Just Lancaster House and Holiday Inn.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:I did wonder whether that bit of casual anti-semitism would be picked up on.

One of Gubay's parents was Jewish so I was prepared to take it at face value as a mistake rather than "casual anti-semitism". As explained in the next post, there was a rationale for making the assumption.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Brian C » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:37 pm

The college are building a new state of the art fitness centre this summer.
Along with artificial pitches and more new changing rooms, they might find some new customers now then!
Brian C

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:06 pm

given that this is a morecambe fc fans forum, is the globe gym not an option for gym people :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Posh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Brian C wrote:The college are building a new state of the art fitness centre this summer.
Along with artificial pitches and more new changing rooms, they might find some new customers now then!

Bet that's gone down well at the Globe Arena and Salt Ayre.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Brian C wrote:The college are building a new state of the art fitness centre this summer.

There is also the gym at Heysham High School which is open to the public outside of school hours.
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:00 pm

DawZi wrote:oh and when Albert Gubay use to visit site(rarely) Ernie use to run to his van and put on his Jewish cap(don't know the name of the hats) to impress Gubay

Yarmulke or Kippah!

Here you go, mate. L'chai-im! Motzeltof!

http://www.jerusalemthegolden.com/category/Novelty_Kippot/product/Spurs_Kippa/
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Just received the balance of the outstanding unused pre paid membership as a refund in full, so can't complain about that in the end :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion