passionless

Re: passionless

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:53 am

Posh wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:Duffy wasn't out of our hands...he was contracted to the club until the end of the season. His situation was very much in our hands. Yes we would have missed out on the nominal fee that we've gained from Scunny (in relative terms with the realisation of BSP football in our £12million home, peanuts), but we might not be in this position had we forgone it.

My understanding is that the fee was good given he had five months left on his contract. Substantive enough that it made sense for the club.

Secondly I understand that Duffs wouldn't have been happy if we'd said no and, if we had, it may have backfired. E.g. He might have got a cob on.

And of course, we're talking with hind-sight. If we'd kept him, finished 14th and he'd walked for free, everyone would have been saying we should have cashed in and finished 18th. As it is, we are missing him more than many would have expected. And don't forget, he wasn't in the side for a long time at the start of the season.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: passionless

Postby Morectalk » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:33 pm

heysham mick wrote:24 hrs on i cant still believe how we can play 90 mins without a decent shot on goal . the season started off on a downer with the move to the globe which in my opinion looks unfinished and lacks any atmosphere,the team then started to play without any heart or passion . the tactics from the management appears to be one pass forward two back and then hoof it up field as far as possible and hope that our forwards can hold the ball long enough whilst our midfielders amble up the park, carry on like this and the end result will be relegation.so come on you at the globe wake up before its too late having watched the shrimps for 50+years this side is without doubt the most passionless side everto pull the red shirt on

The last line of this gets recognition on the back page of today's Visitor !!
Morectalk

Previous

Return to General Discussion