The numbers stuff

The numbers stuff

Postby Posh » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:24 pm

I'm sure it's hilarious but as a moderator we've had three people complain with reports so far and a couple of others on Saturday raised it too. How it comes across is a private joke shared by a few to the exclusion of others (i.e. Five people doing it compared to over 150 who read the board regularly not including about the same who don't). Because people find it funny they post it more and is often posted just for effect and adds nothing to threads. Hence the vast majority excluded not only find it tiresome but disruptive and cliquey. Personally I do find it a bit boring but easily avoided but from the messages clearly others find it a pain in the buttocks (no rude words from this mod).

Just a request to those doing it to consider whether it is actually worth continuing with?

Thanks
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: The numbers stuff

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:50 pm

[edit] well the reply suggests that it is now zero tolerance time, because some people can't be trusted not to just wind other people up. I agree with Posh, it is tiresome and like many things, it could have been an amusing in joke for some if it had just appeared once.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 pm

goodbye spudnut,hahahahahaha
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:29 pm

To be fair, it's not even a joke and it is definitely not cliquey given that I can probably count the number of times I've actually met the other posters involved on one hand. It's just a few people being silly and having a laugh. If some people don't find it that funny, fine, ignore it.

It seems to me that a few people on SV take themselves and this forum far too seriously and hence are far too easy to wind up (in this case they've wond themselves up over something rather trivial). I find the lefty political memoirs of the failed local politicians and wanabee photographers a complete bore fest, but generally button it my hippy comrades (I actually think such topics actually only serve to exacerbate my first point).

Quite why three people and a couple of others find the need to report people replacing letters with numbers is beyond most rational minds. Have they nothing better to do? Name the three, if we are going to be open about this. I suspect deep-rooted psychological issues. I'm guessing all three were either not breast fed as a child, or still are well into their 30's. Either way they need to let go.

Onwards to Barnet, wine for my men, we ride at 8am sharp.

Yours Faithfully

830REDWI43
RedRedWine1

Postby ezz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:31 pm

My name is 322 i think
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:47 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I find the lefty political memoirs of the failed local politicians and wanabee photographers a complete bore fest, but generally button it my hippy comrades (I actually think such topics actually only serve to exacerbate my first point).

To be fair those threads, and I obviously include myself in your sarcastic description, are confined to threads that are clearly marked which you don't have to read.

However with the OMG and numbers stuff it is spread across the whole board, which is why some people appear to get sick of it. Your inability to distinguish between the two is down to you.

Your ascerbic remarks about failed politicians, wanabee photographers and psychologically flawed people are as always humourously put, however as you're an accountant I'd suggest the phrase 'people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones'.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Enufznuf » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:08 pm

RedRedWine wrote: I suspect deep-rooted psychological issues. I'm guessing all three were either not breast fed as a child, or still are well into their 30's. Either way they need to let go.

While we are doing the amatuer pyschoanalysis, my understanding is that it is usually socially inadequate individuals who have dreary unimportant jobs and lives who usually get kicks out of running in packs and hounding individuals. Usually small guys who suffer from short man syndrome who feel the need to big themselves up at the expense of others. The need to hunt in packs usually derives from a need to 'belong' to something bigger as they cant function properly solo (apart from masturbating - a lot!).

TO55ERS! :lol:
Enufznuf

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Innnn one.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Liking the short-mans syndrome pop. I'm assuming you must know me or know of me? Abroad??? Is that you Castaway/Tom Collins??? Or is this another one of potatoheads creations???

Either way, a great comeback. W4NK38!!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby Morectalk » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Got to be said I don't find "the numbers stuff" that funny, but as long as other folk do I don't give a monkeys if it is all over SV!! :|
Morectalk

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:37 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Innnn one.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Liking the short-mans syndrome pop. I'm assuming you must know me or know of me? Abroad??? Is that you Castaway/Tom Collins??? Or is this another one of potatoheads creations???

Either way, a great comeback. W4NK38!!!!

since when was a (county) abroad :lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Could be abroad, although admittedly I didn't read that post in the other thread very well. Do you just lurk around all day on here to jump on slightly squiffy posts, quoting them and then posting a line in near enough every thread? You should change your name to Heysham_mfc.....

PS I think my dreary unimportant profession leads me to replace letters for numbers randomly in words. It has been diagnosed by my psychiatrist in Newcastle, who generally pisses people off with his forthright diagnosis, as T0URET735.
RedRedWine1

Postby shrimper » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 pm

Personally I don't find jokes about people with afflictions like Tourettes particularly funny either, after seeing how it affects people.
My brother in law was a therapist who had dealings with the Manchester and Upper Merseyside Youth Action Trust Workers for Adolescents with Tourettes* for many years and saw the impact it had on them and their families. Not a laughing matter.

*MUMYATWAT
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:25 pm

anyone remember (send a person to coventry)????????

and who would that be......................
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:08 pm

funny, when a mod decides its not funny, three people, have told the mod is not funny, , all the folk that i see every week saying, the mr plates stuff was hilarious, the yeah wow stuff was hilarious, etc, were they all lying :?:

why do they all log on and look, and laugh :?:

A certain mod is looking like blakey from on the busses from here :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:25 pm

Mrs. Brown's Boys = Funny

Yeah Wow, numbers , Mr. Plates, etc = About as funny as getting your testicles chopped off with a Sythe
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:29 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:funny, when a mod decides its not funny, three people, have told the mod is not funny, , all the folk that i see every week saying, the mr plates stuff was hilarious, the yeah wow stuff was hilarious, etc, were they all lying :?:

Or... just maybe... you and they are annoying Twats.
Moose

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 pm

I like all three, if i dislike anything i ignore it as opposed to whining and bleating for censorship like an old sow with tits full of vineger :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:31 pm

marky wrote: getting your testicles chopped off with a Sythe

Is it just me or has anyone else just gone Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.. OOOOooooooooooooooooooooo. Beware the Grim Reaper :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:34 pm

Life is full of opinions as is this message board, I have had people telling me it is silly and people wanting to give me an MBE for my contribution to comedy, I will continue to be funny until the plates joke gets old and we move on to say CC retiring from the forum and then coming back.
Sammy h

Postby Posh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:39 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:funny, when a mod decides its not funny, three people, have told the mod is not funny, , all the folk that i see every week saying, the mr plates stuff was hilarious, the yeah wow stuff was hilarious, etc, were they all lying :?:

Lee you're ego is telling you lies. At least 30 people no longer post because of the stuff you refer to above including people who know you well.

Being a mod on this board is a thankless task. I've just responded to yet another PM complaining. Yet people like yourself treat this like your personal place for showing off and where your views count more than others. And all this with no respect for the people who pay to host the site, do updates to keep it running, manage new registrations and clear up all the crap.

If you're not happy either keep it to yourself or find somewhere else to show off to the youngsters.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 pm

soz, my idea of a message board is a bit of banter between doing my ebaying and paperwork, I join in debates and have a laugh, I cannot believe for one second that you get complaints about yeah and wow, or numberplate speak jokes, that are putting people off coming on shrimpsvoices, lighten up, worse things are happening in japan.
mrpotatohead

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Basically, at the end of the day, when it all comes down to it, overall we are just a load of losers on the internet who could be talking about all of this stuff in a pub in person. And that pub would make a lot of money, and would probably be able to afford to show football matches on Sky rather than through a Hungarian channel at one tenth of the price. And the toilets would be decent because the cleaner is being paid a good wage and has job satisfaction. It could be the bar at The Globe. In fact, the bar at The Globe would probably be open every night of the week if we all got a life and went there to discuss on-topic and off-topic subjects. The jokes wouldn't be in-jokes because everybody would know the context and the punchline, whatever and whomsoever that may be. Everybody would be happy, except probably their wives/husbands/girlfriends/boyfriends/pets/televisions.

But instead we are all sat in the dark, ignoring our wives/husbands/girlfriends/boyfriends/pets/televisions.

Nobody has a right to tell anyone else on this site to go outside and get a life, unless you will publicly name and shame yourself for being a massive hypocrite. Many people on this board are likely hypocrites, and deep down they know it. They sit there at the dinner table with their families, with the knowledge eating them up inside that they just wrote something on a message board on the internet to say they didn't find something humorous when not five minutes earlier they let out a little LOL. It slipped out. You feel dirty, don't you. Yes. Its putting you off your pork chop/nut loaf. But you feel alive. You want to go outside and bellow "MR PLATES! OF COURSE! I GET IT NOW! THANK YOU, THE INTERNET!"

But instead you whimper "KEITH! I DON'T LIKE IT! COVER MY EYES FOR ME!"

I could go on. But I won't. I've got things to LOL at on the internet, and bawdy postcards I bought on the promenade to pretend to be offended by. Maybe I'll complain to the council.

:roll:
Joel Ninety

Postby Posh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:02 am

mrpotatohead wrote:soz, my idea of a message board is a bit of banter between doing my ebaying and paperwork, I join in debates and have a laugh, I cannot believe for one second that you get complaints about yeah and wow, or numberplate speak jokes, that are putting people off coming on shrimpsvoices, lighten up, worse things are happening in japan.

To be fair what I find most annoying is the way you put up a LOL symbol after all your own jokes. Why are you laughing at your own joke rather than allowing it to test it's own quality in the wider world.

Also references to Blakey from On The Buses (?). Is there anyone under 55 who gets those cultural references? You need to stop doing your EBay stuff and start watching Inbetweeners if you're going to 'get down with da yoof'.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:08 am

dont know who da yoof are, or you are, posh, my missus hates the way i laugh at my own jokes, maybe you and her should collaberate and hire a hitman :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Muzzer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:13 am

O/T anyone want to buy tiger blood?!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FUNNY-TIGER-BLOOD ... 230f0b1d4e
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Next

Return to General Discussion