SPACES FOR TRAVEL TO BARNET NOW SOLD OUT.

SPACES FOR TRAVEL TO BARNET NOW SOLD OUT.

Postby MFC Club Shop » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi All

I have been informed that all the spaces for travel to Barnet have now been sold. The response to this has been excellent and we all look forward to an excellent day away and I trust you will all follow the "Red & White" theme that the directors have asked people to wear for the trip.

Those who will be travelling on Saturday will be able to get their deposits back via myself in the Club Shop as of 07.30am on the morning. The coaches will leave at 08.15am.

Thank you
Phill
Club Shop
MFC Club Shop

Re: SPACES FOR TRAVEL TO BARNET NOW SOLD OUT.

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Excellent, hope for a great day. How many coaches are we taking?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MFC Club Shop » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:32 pm

There will be 6 coaches leaving from the Globe Arena.
MFC Club Shop

Postby Sammy h » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:35 pm

sold out? I thought it was unlimited?

Club obviously got scared as we started to fill more than they thought we would :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sammy h

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:45 pm

The way in which the initial idea was publicised was to reward those fans who have travelled the length of the country cheering on the shrimps. I trust the majority of those types traveling from the resort have been catered for. My guess is that with 3 days to go the club don't think they will fill another coach or indeed need one. They'd need a definitive number of how many coaches they require to inform the suppliers. If you've missed out on this incredible offer you've only yourself to blame.
RedRedWine1

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Sounds like they were waiting to fill the 6th coach then call it a day. Costing around a £1000 a pop they did not want to lay-on a 7th coach only to get another dozen or so booked on.

Hats off to all that have chipped in. Its a big gesture and one that I am sure most fans really appreciate.

NOW LETS ALL RAISE THE ROOF AT BARNET!
Wild Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:54 pm

"sold out" . I thought it was "free"

Well done to everyone. Now let's cheer the team on to Victory!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Enufznuf » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:14 pm

A fantastic gesture indeed!

I wish I could get there myself but living outside the county I cant get there in time.

I will be cheering on from my armchair :oops: Well done to everyone for getting behind the Shrimps! Make it a day to remember and bring those points back!
Enufznuf

Postby middletonshrimp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Personally i think its a bloody disgrace. The original offer from the club/Director said free travel for however many fans wanted to go! The visitor newspaper said tickets offer closes at 5pm today! Just (after great pains) manged to get time off to go and the club have just turned me away. Thanks very much. Great recognition of my attendance at every home game for the past 4 years and a fair few away ones as well including the fab day at Chesterfield :x :x :x a couple of weeks ago. I understand the principles of economics but if you make an offer and state a closing time for that offer you should bloody well stick to it!!!!!
middletonshrimp

Postby BLS BOY » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm largely disappointed by this too. I've followed MFC all over the place over 26 yrs (lifetime!) and find this quite dejecting as I too, have missed out on this offer. Not through choice, just sheer bad luck.

The club website, the local press, even some on S.V's pointed out that the club will accommodate for the number of fans whom wish to travel through this offer, whether that be 100 or 1000.

Surely Morecambe Jack could enlighten me?

Morecambe Jack wrote:
Peter McGuigan wrote:
we will put on as many coaches as we need for the game

The coaches are not limited so nobody will miss out. Outsider is right though that people should have to buy their match day tickets in order to reserve a seat, otherwise no doubt some will just not turn up on the day.

Or Peter McGuigan?

Someone knows more than they are letting on...!
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Don't get on my back, I only quoted what Peter McGuigan was quoted as saying on the official club website at the time. Im not a club spokesman :roll:
Morecambe Jack

Postby Sammy h » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Don't get on my back, I only quoted what Peter McGuigan was quoted as saying on the official club website at the time. Im not a club spokesman :roll:

It's all your fault Jack! :lol: :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Harry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:26 pm

There was an opportunity to book your place at the last home game.
Harry

Postby middletonshrimp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:37 pm

And if I'd had confirmation of time off work last Saturday i would have booked it then but unfortunately life's not that simple for all of us. I unfortunately only got that confirmation 5 hours before the deadline but by then the offer had been withdrawn. Thanks Morecambe! Yes as you can see i am really pissed off!
middletonshrimp

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:43 pm

I'd be surprised if a polite phone call, explaining your position, failed to get something sorted.

(Once you've calmed down - and that's not a dig, I'd be annoyed in your position).

Thing is, had I been off work this week and wanted to book a space, knowing how late I usually leave things I'd have probably sauntered along this lunchtime and I'd have been annoyed if they turned me away. Middleton's position is even more unfortunate so it's understandable he's peeved.

I hope and trust he and others genuinely in the same position can be sorted out - it would be a real shame for this fantastic gesture to be tarnished by the disappointment of some rightfully unhappy people.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby BLS BOY » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Well fair enough, Glen, but to be frank, I'm not overly bothered anymore. I can live without not going for free, i'm happy to pay to travel. I just think its a disappointment that the club have LIMITED the number to 6, after quite clearly, as Morecambe Jack commented:

"The coaches are not limited, so no one will miss out"...

Irrespective of what has happened since, having opened the Visitor today to read the words 'SOLD OUT' is somewhat confusing.

Don't get me wrong, this was always going to be inevitable, but who knows how many more would have travelled.

If we were limited to 6 coaches, then ffs -TELL US!!!
BLS BOY

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Morecambe FC do have a fantastic ability to do something fantastic and still turn it in to a PR disaster. So says someone else who isn't now going because the person who was getting my ticket went before the deadline only to be told there were no more tickets. Annoyingly, I could have got the ticket myself on Monday if I'd known there may be a problem. Say what is happening, then stick to it. If someone had gone after the deadline had past, that's tough. But to bring the deadline forwards without announcing it is just plain stupid.

I decided not to post this last night when I first found out. I've now re-booked the hotel room for Saturday that I had cancelled a few days ago.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:20 pm

marky No.1 wrote:"sold out" . I thought it was "free"

Well done to everyone. Now let's cheer the team on to Victory!

Sold out and free are two totally different things. Still a cock-up by the club however.
Spicy Shrimp

Postby marky » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:37 pm

This is where Fans of Morecambe should come into their own and try and intervene of behalf of the thus far non-fee paying members. Either the club totally underestimated how many people would actually take them up on their generous offer, or they secretly planned to only ever provide 6 coaches. Either way, one wonders if one could accuse them of false advertising in the initial article about it. I'm minded to think I'm utterly crazy but I'm getting the train down on Saturday and was never going to use the coaches given my location. Even so, having scored a screamer from 35 yards, the club have now scored an embarrassing yet equally spectacular own goal on a par with the one Tony Hughes once scored in a pre-season friendly many moons ago!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:52 pm

marky wrote:This is where Fans of Morecambe should come into their own and try and intervene of behalf of the thus far non-fee paying members. Either the club totally underestimated how many people would actually take them up on their generous offer, or they secretly planned to only ever provide 6 coaches. Either way, one wonders if one could accuse them of false advertising in the initial article about it. I'm minded to think I'm utterly crazy but I'm getting the train down on Saturday and was never going to use the coaches given my location. Even so, having scored a screamer from 35 yards, the club have now scored an embarrassing yet equally spectacular own goal on a par with the one Tony Hughes once scored in a pre-season friendly many moons ago!

I think 'secretly planning' does them a dis-service. I think they were always intending to be true to their word and would have filled as many as they could - but then realised there would have to be a cut-off point some time or they could end up having to try to book a coach at the last minute on Friday night for four people. Having said that - once they said 'until end of play Wednesday' I think they should have stuck to that.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:59 pm

shrimper wrote:
marky wrote:This is where Fans of Morecambe should come into their own and try and intervene of behalf of the thus far non-fee paying members. Either the club totally underestimated how many people would actually take them up on their generous offer, or they secretly planned to only ever provide 6 coaches. Either way, one wonders if one could accuse them of false advertising in the initial article about it. I'm minded to think I'm utterly crazy but I'm getting the train down on Saturday and was never going to use the coaches given my location. Even so, having scored a screamer from 35 yards, the club have now scored an embarrassing yet equally spectacular own goal on a par with the one Tony Hughes once scored in a pre-season friendly many moons ago!

I think 'secretly planning' does them a dis-service. I think they were always intending to be true to their word and would have filled as many as they could - but then realised there would have to be a cut-off point some time or they could end up having to try to book a coach at the last minute on Friday night for four people. Having said that - once they said 'until end of play Wednesday' I think they should have stuck to that.

Agree they should have stuck with the time mentioned or at least put out an announcement on the OW that once the 6 coaches were full that would be it. Hopefully though those that wanted to go and are on 'standby' will be able to get a place.
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:31 pm

shrimper wrote:I think 'secretly planning' does them a dis-service.

Oh I don't know, there are times when I think the word "planning" of any type, secret or otherwise, is an exaggeration.

heysham_mfc wrote:Hopefully though those that wanted to go and are on 'standby' will be able to get a place.

Well I won't be. I had changed my plans for the weekend so I could go. I am going out on Friday with friends, so I'd decided to stay sober so I could get up early Saturday, then drive to Tickled Trout, leave the car there and get picked up, then dropped back there later. That is why I wasn't getting the ticket myself, because I wouldn't be at The Globe to collect the deposit back on Saturday morning. I cancelled my planned Saturday evening because I'd be on my way back from Barnet.

I'm certainly not staying sober, to get up early, to drive to Preston, on the off chance that some people haven't turned up. Saturday night's original plan is back on and I'll be rat-arsed Friday, driving nowhere on Saturday. I'll still be having a great weekend, its just frustrating that having changed things to accommodate football, I can't now go because the club moved the goal-posts.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BLS BOY » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Like I said, no big deal! Its been and gone and there's sweet F.A I can do about it now.

I will say one thing, I hope each and every supporter that travels on Saturday have the common decency to travel to other away games. Otherwise it proves that loyalty isn't on their vocab!

marky wrote:Even so, having scored a screamer from 35 yards, the club have now scored an embarrassing yet equally spectacular own goal on a par with the one Tony Hughes once scored in a pre-season friendly many moons ago!

I remember it well, vs Workington. North Stand end. Lost 0-1? c96/97?
BLS BOY

Return to General Discussion