FA: Capello stays on as England manager

FA: Capello stays on as England manager

Postby scar » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:40 pm

As the title says really, the FA has just announced that Capello will stay on as England manager.

Good decision all round, mow it's time to lok at some of the younger players in the country and work with them towards Euro 2012 and then the next world cup.
scar

Re: FA: Capello stays on as England manager

Postby Morecambe Player » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:42 pm

scar wrote:As the title says really, the FA has just announced that Capello will stay on as England manager.

Good decision all round, now it's time to lok at some of the younger players in the country and work with them towards Euro 2012 and then the next world cup.

But will he? That's the problem. It will be the same old same old with the Gerrards and the Lampards and the other underachievers.
Morecambe Player

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Totally with you on this one Scar, although i doubt many others are. We can't keep changing the manager everytime we under acheive and if the bloody UK press will just allow him to manage instead of telling him who to play where maybe just maybe he wouldn't do the opposite to what they want because Capello is certainly his own man and will not be told what to do, infact will do the opposite. Personally i would have liked (before Capello) Luiz Felipe Scolari to have got the job but our good old UK press put the dampeners on that one too by hounding him, subsequently he pulled out of the running.
nobbyshrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:48 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:...and if the bloody UK press will just allow him to manage instead of telling him who to play...

What makes you think the UK press are any different to any other country's press?
Plain Peter

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Jack Rodwell, Adam Johnson, Joe Hart
Crooky MFC

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Peter wrote:
nobbyshrimp wrote:...and if the bloody UK press will just allow him to manage instead of telling him who to play...

What makes you think the UK press are any different to any other country's press?

.....or for that, armchair managers which applies to almost everybody as far as the National team goes!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:17 am

"Capello stays on as England manager" Part 2!

The 10 or £12M it will cost to sack him probably has something to do with it.

What must Ferdinand think reading the newspaper to find Terry will be Captain again?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Are you joking? The english press are far worse than any other country, do you even need qualifications anymore?

I think Capello is alreay looking towards the future, with Wilshire from Arsenal, Kelly from Liverpool, totenham full back as well i think?
There are some good young players out there, more importantly they are more exciting thatn what we currently have.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby shrimper » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:02 pm

ezz wrote:Are you joking? The english press are far worse than any other country, do you even need qualifications anymore?

Not sure I understand what you're getting at, ezz.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:52 pm

shrimper wrote:
ezz wrote:Are you joking? The english press are far worse than any other country, do you even need qualifications anymore?

Maybe he is replying to the earlier posters, not realising the thread is 9 months old?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:04 pm

don't all hold your breath it will just be the same old crap different tournament and i bet Capello's communicating in English to the players is still just as poor as ever
Last edited by George Dawes on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:15 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
shrimper wrote:

Maybe he is replying to the earlier posters, not realising the thread is 9 months old?

Might be an old thread but doesn't change the piss poor standard of reporting by the UK press. Especially as they'd sell our own national team down the bog for half a story.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion