passionless

passionless

Postby heysham mick » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:09 pm

24 hrs on i cant still believe how we can play 90 mins without a decent shot on goal . the season started off on a downer with the move to the globe which in my opinion looks unfinished and lacks any atmosphere,the team then started to play without any heart or passion . the tactics from the management appears to be one pass forward two back and then hoof it up field as far as possible and hope that our forwards can hold the ball long enough whilst our midfielders amble up the park, carry on like this and the end result will be relegation.so come on you at the globe wake up before its too late having watched the shrimps for 50+years this side is without doubt the most passionless side everto pull the red shirt on
heysham mick

Re: passionless

Postby halftimeresults » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:19 pm

The side that played did not lack passion at all

What is it with all the moaning twats on here at the moment.
When things are going well , Morecambe fans are great but when we are near the bottom and in need of support :roll:

Now is the time for us fans to be united and get behind our FOOTBALL LEAGUE SIDE
and let all the coffin dodgers stay at home to f@#king moan.
halftimeresults

Postby This Charming Shrimp » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:31 pm

To be honest before they scored I thought the atmosphere to be one of the best I've experienced at The Globe. Obviously it's not a patch on Christie but still good. (Does anyone remember when we played Bradford in The Johnston's Paint Trophy back at Christie on a Tuesday night? I think we lost but the place was absolutely rocking. A great night)

In terms of the team, yes I felt that they lacked passion, desire, heart and conviction. The only lad on the pitch who seemed up for it was Danny Carlton who ran and ran and ran. I thought his work rate was absolutely tremendous yesterday. God bless him.
This Charming Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:39 pm

we just had no idea in midfield i thought the front two Spencer & Carlton battled well they just didn't get the right service

and the keeper clearly lacks confidence but grew as the game went on and the penalty save will have no doubt done him the world of good

i liked the look of Shuker in is favoured postion for once i hope he starts there in the next game
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:21 pm

There was a great chance to equalise about a minute after the Brats had scored but someone (not sure who) slashed the ball wide of a gaping goal.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:01 pm

I don't think there's any lack of passion we just didn't play well enough in the final third of the pitch, we just need a bit more composure in front of goal and take our chances when they come along.
steve mfc

Postby WULLY BULLY » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Totally disagree that the team was passionless yesterday. Every player was up for it but we were just 2nd best. definately not our best performance but not passionless though.
Referee was poor to say the least which didnt help but no excuses we were 2nd best.
BRING ON BARNET!
WULLY BULLY

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:56 pm

passionless no, a bit clueless at times, but them boys gave sammy their all!!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:00 pm

This Charming Shrimp wrote:To be honest before they scored I thought the atmosphere to be one of the best I've experienced at The Globe. Obviously it's not a patch on Christie but still good. (Does anyone remember when we played Bradford in The Johnston's Paint Trophy back at Christie on a Tuesday night? I think we lost but the place was absolutely rocking. A great night)

In terms of the team, yes I felt that they lacked passion, desire, heart and conviction. The only lad on the pitch who seemed up for it was Danny Carlton who ran and ran and ran. I thought his work rate was absolutely tremendous yesterday. God bless him.

They won 1-0 with a 90th minute goal. They were League 1 at the time and we were in the Conference would have been a major upset.
heysham_mfc

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:55 pm

halftimeresults wrote:The side that played did not lack passion at all

When things are going well , Morecambe fans are great but when we are near the bottom and in need of support :roll:

Now is the time for us fans to be united and get behind our FOOTBALL LEAGUE SIDE

Agreed with all that.

We kept on trying against a bunch of cheats and a ref who was scandalously rubbish. I didn't see our heads go down and I felt every player gave it his best. It just wasn't good enough and our tactics 'hump it high and hopeful' played right into their hands.

Bradford were not a footballing team and won by playing to their strengths...thuggery and cheating. We should have kept the ball on the floor throughout and their lumbering defenders would have been made to look like a pack of jokers.

Definitely time for our fans to be united, moaning and groaning isn't going to change the position we are in, so just go along and be the best fan you can, because you may as well stay away if you can't support the team now, they don't need any negativity because they realise more than we do what it would mean to be relegated.
Caged Lion

Postby shrimper » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Like others I didn't see a lack of passion or workrate on Saturday. Just the final ball was lacking and, on the few occasions when it was good, the composure wasn't there in the box.

I thought Bradford were poor, apart from Speight who was a handful and even with ten minutes to go I think if we'd scored they'd have panicked and we may have gone on to win.

I thought their pen was fair enough but (admittedly only on my one fleeting view) we should have had one when Hunter was, IMO, upended in the first half.

And there were a lot of decisions where he seemed to wave play on if their defenders clattered our lads, then blew for a foul as soon as we breathed on them (none of those affected the result at all but it did seem to frustrate our players and get their heads down).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Globearena » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:57 pm

missing stanley enough said.
Globearena

Postby sandgrown » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Globearena wrote:missing stanley enough said.

absolutely, out muscled again in midfield.
sandgrown

Postby marky » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Forgive me, but weren't we always outmuscled in midfield when Stanley was in the team? Hasn't he played quite a large part in this rather unsuccessful campaign? It's not like we were firing on all cylinders when he was with us...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Duffman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:54 pm

marky wrote:Forgive me, but weren't we always outmuscled in midfield when Stanley was in the team? Hasn't he played quite a large part in this rather unsuccessful campaign? It's not like we were firing on all cylinders when he was with us...

We won 34% of games with Stanners and since he left we've won 15%.
Duffman

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Duffman wrote:
marky wrote:Forgive me, but weren't we always outmuscled in midfield when Stanley was in the team? Hasn't he played quite a large part in this rather unsuccessful campaign? It's not like we were firing on all cylinders when he was with us...

That would only be a fair comparison if the amounts of games were the same.
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:58 pm

We miss Stanners, end of!
Sammy h

Postby outsider » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:59 pm

His super powers seem to have increased about 95% since HE LEFT US! A player can turn down a loan offer you know :roll:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:59 pm

You could be right in that he did play a large part in this rather unsuccessful campaign but with our paceless forwards and paceless widemen , his corners and freekicks quite often proved to be our best bet (and the only chance) to score goals.

Add to that his will to win and love for our club IMHO sending him on loan to another league 2 club where by all accounts he has starred in every match is just plain stupid.

In January we lost our best 2 players in Duffy and Stanners , one of them (Stanners) could have been avoided and the other was sold for what was probably a nominal fee as he was in the last 5 months of his contract and that fee will look like peanuts to what it will cost us if we go into the BSP.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Agreed 8AR3 83N. There are lies, damned lies, and statistics. Duffmans 34% for example is made up from a sample that includes the positive skew of two wins against cannon fodder Stockport County. I think we've really missed Duffy to be honest, he was a creative spark in a not so leggy midfield.
RedRedWine1

Postby Duffman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
Duffman wrote:

That would only be a fair comparison if the amounts of games were the same.

True, but even quickly working it out shows we have missed him in my opinion. Everyone keeps commenting on the lack of chances we're creating yet he has still created more goals than anyone currently at the club.

However, I think it's too late to bring him back. His mind will be focussed on getting into the play-offs with Torquay and not our relegation battle. It's funny how people don't rate a player who could be playing League 1 football next season when we could be in the BSP.

RRW, of course we have missed Duffy more but that was out of our hands. Stanners was told he didn't feature in the side any more.
Duffman

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:04 pm

err no i dont think we were always outmuscled.

and this unsuccessful campaign the team as been always to unsettled and poorly assembled.
George Dawes

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Duffy wasn't out of our hands...he was contracted to the club until the end of the season. His situation was very much in our hands. Yes we would have missed out on the nominal fee that we've gained from Scunny (in relative terms with the realisation of BSP football in our £12million home, peanuts), but we might not be in this position had we forgone it. As I eluded to in another thread, and Heysham_Shrimp has pointed in this one; I hope we don't live to regret letting him go. When he left we had just won three on the spin. We then didn't win again until Chesterfield, some 9 or 10 games later. It is this period more than any other where our season has faltered so badly.

But as I said, nothing we can do about it now but support the players that are here until the end of the season. The post-mortem can commence when the day is over. Onwards to Barnet-on-Thames, wine for my men, we ride at 8am sharp.
RedRedWine1

Postby Curly » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Caged Lion wrote:
halftimeresults wrote:The side that played did not lack passion at all

Agreed with all that.

We kept on trying against a bunch of cheats and a ref who was scandalously rubbish. I didn't see our heads go down and I felt every player gave it his best. It just wasn't good enough and our tactics 'hump it high and hopeful' played right into their hands.

Bradford were not a footballing team and won by playing to their strengths...thuggery and cheating. We should have kept the ball on the floor throughout and their lumbering defenders would have been made to look like a pack of jokers.

Definitely time for our fans to be united, moaning and groaning isn't going to change the position we are in, so just go along and be the best fan you can, because you may as well stay away if you can't support the team now, they don't need any negativity because they realise more than we do what it would mean to be relegated.

I didn't think we lacked passion either, but the ref was dire.
How the hell, when Spencer was hauled over backwards and slammed to the deck, the ref
didn't even give a foul and free kick, is beyond me :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Posh » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:02 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Duffy wasn't out of our hands...he was contracted to the club until the end of the season. His situation was very much in our hands. Yes we would have missed out on the nominal fee that we've gained from Scunny (in relative terms with the realisation of BSP football in our £12million home, peanuts), but we might not be in this position had we forgone it.

My understanding is that the fee was good given he had five months left on his contract. Substantive enough that it made sense for the club.

Secondly I understand that Duffs wouldn't have been happy if we'd said no and, if we had, it may have backfired. E.g. He might have got a cob on.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Next

Return to General Discussion