today

today

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:55 pm

what a well earned point with a much improved preformance from last week,several players were great today especially twissy who had a super game on the left flank causing them all sots of problems
lincoln were much the better side in the 1st half their no 12 causing havoc down our right flank where an unfit danny adams was struggling eventually to be replaced by parrish after 26 minutes,from then on he was much less effective
in defence artell and bentley were immense with both fullbacks having good games,Rochey never put a foot wrong,in midfield things improved dramatically in the second half where we could have won the game.
the ref was a blatant homer booking howe when their player was climbing all over him most of the afternoon.There was also some blatant play acting by some of their player which left a nasty taste the worst one being when their goal keeper got a knock from howe and then collapsed in slow motion lying on the ground only to be up and runninbg about when he realised he had got nothing
overall an excellent performance which is really encouraging for the future,sammy really sorted it out at half time and the team deserve our backing
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Re: today

Postby campdave » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:37 pm

scalehallshrimp wrote:the ref was a blatant homer

DOH
campdave

Postby OvertheBar » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:20 pm

Yet another gritty, determined performance to get a well deserved draw...and didn't Stanley enjoy his goal. He came charging down toward the Morecambe fans straight away with a massive grin on his face.

After a sluggish sort of start, where we conceded our statutory early goal, the lads really dug in. I was surprised to see Adams start and was worried when Parrish came on that we would be over-run with their pacey forwards. No such thing...Parrish had a great game and grew massively in confidence as the game wore on. This seemed to be the case all through the team and we could easily have grabbed a winner toward the end. Highlight for me was Jimbo as he ran the length of the field with the ball, driving through the middle of :D Lincoln like a knife through butter!

They were all brilliant...as were the travelling fans who never stopped singing from start to finish.

Another sunny away day for me. :D
OvertheBar

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:51 pm

two top posts from over the bar and scalehall shrimp
certainly enjoyed that run from jimbo(and his goal clearance top quality too) and wasnt the liner a joke in that second half?
Shrimpsscene

Postby Martin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:05 pm

A fully deserved, well earned point, today. Twissy certainly looked far more the player we know which was really good to see. The main down side was Danny Adams clearly not being ready to come back into the team and his subsequent substitution. We weren't great in the first half but certainly caused problems for Lincoln in the second and we could've nicked the win. Got to be happy with the point; if we can keep picking up draws away from home then we're not doing too badly.

As for the Referee.... Oh dear, what a dismal performance. I usually judge a bad ref by his ability to give poor decisions to either side during a game, but on this occassion it certainly seemed like Lincoln got more than their share of the decisions.
Martin

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:10 pm

agree with you on the ref....shocking today mind you had he played advantage stanners wouldnt have got his goal
some chap called Keith Hill as well......... :shock:
Shrimpsscene

Postby OvertheBar » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:15 pm

There was a real determination from all of the team in the second half. Lincoln bossed the possession but we had an almost invincible air throughout the second half. Bentley was an absolute giant, some of his headers out of defence were incredibly powerful.

Twissy looked almost lethargic to begin with, then sprung to life and was showing signs of his old self. Roach, not my favourite of course, played an absolute blinder, claiming most of the their crosses, punting and throwing the ball intelligently. Hunter...well the lad was everywhere, Drummond had lots of fancy footwork to admire, our forwards battled and battled. The defence held up in the main, and the wingbacks played their socks off, particular mention of Parrish who showed some great touches.

There was a good sized Lincoln crowd who clearly got behind their team, but our happy cluster stuck at the end of the main stand were tremendously vociferous.

This was a good morale boosting draw and the team will gain confidence and surely crack on with equally good performances at home to enthuse the fans there as well.

Listening to Radio Lincoln on the way home I think that their manager said 'we aren't sure why we didn't win this game...right now the lads are sitting in the dressing room feeling as if they have LOST the game.' Well I know what he means, because the more I think about this the more I think we deserved to WIN.
OvertheBar

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:23 pm

after first 20 minutes i thought oh no but youre right
we fought back so well in second half and good use of subs from Sammy
good we got a bit of luck with the goal though stanners had a good chance in first half too
we defended really well and countered well in second half
i honestly thought that we could still go on and win it with ten mins to go
wish we could get a couple of drums back for the north stand
the drum sounded good withtheir support today
well done to the 146 today could hear you in stand opposite
Shrimpsscene

Postby Jon » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:36 pm

Sorry I'd like to know what game some of you were watching. The only reason there was no defeat today for us was due to two great saves Roache pulled off and a lucky break on a free kick. Artell was awful, the whole back four in fact are slow and weak. We should have been thrashed today and that is the reason for Jackson's disappointment.

As for the other end we don't even look like scoring. I have been a Morecambe fan for many years and this was the first time I have managed to see them this year. Against better teams I fear for the goal difference if the defence play like they did again today.
Jon

Postby OvertheBar » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:44 pm

Rose tinted specs do the trick for me
OvertheBar

Postby Martin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Jon wrote:Sorry I'd like to know what game some of you were watching. The only reason there was no defeat today for us was due to two great saves Roache pulled off and a lucky break on a free kick. Artell was awful, the whole back four in fact are slow and weak. We should have been thrashed today and that is the reason for Jackson's disappointment.

As for the other end we don't even look like scoring. I have been a Morecambe fan for many years and this was the first time I have managed to see them this year. Against better teams I fear for the goal difference if the defence play like they did again today.

Roche did his job and did it well. As for the lucky break on the free kick.... if it was a lucky break then wow! we got one. That Ref had to give us at least one break in the avalanche that seemed to fall Lincoln's way! I'm not saying we necessarily deserved the win, but we at no time during the matched looked like being thrashed! A point away from home is a good point!
Martin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:55 am

Jon wrote:Sorry I'd like to know what game some of you were watching. The only reason there was no defeat today for us was due to two great saves Roache pulled off and a lucky break on a free kick. Artell was awful, the whole back four in fact are slow and weak. We should have been thrashed today and that is the reason for Jackson's disappointment.

top trolling !!

The number of posts (2) should tell everyone this is not a Morecambe supporter.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:58 am

Last four league matches

P 4 W 1 D 3 L 0 F 4 A 3 PTS 6

a defence that concedes three and one clean sheet against high flying Shrewsbury Town

add in the penalty shoot out win at Oldham Athletic and thats the last five unbeaten a game which incidentally finished 1 1 after 90mins too

you need to come and watch us more often Jon

I watched the game most of the 146 watched a good battling performance second half and a well earned point........
Shrimpsscene

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:14 am

Shrimpsscene wrote:agree with you on the ref....shocking today mind you had he played advantage stanners wouldnt have got his goal
some chap called Keith Hill as well......... :shock:

ref was awful lineman wasnt much better :x
heysham_mfc

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:40 pm

heysham shrimp wrote
Artell was awful,
he made some superb blocks and lst ditch tackles,he had an excellent game and would have been my man of the match
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby Martin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:51 pm

scalehallshrimp wrote:heysham shrimp wrote
Artell was awful,
he made some superb blocks and lst ditch tackles,he had an excellent game and would have been my man of the match
scalehall shrimp

I think you'll find it was Jon who claimed Artell was awful. Heysham_Shrimp was responding to his comments as have we all.
Martin

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:48 am

If Jon is a genuine Morecambe fan I'd say this really is a 'glass half full/empty' situation.

If you were to look at the first 20 minutes, focus on that and worry about what would happen if we played like that for the full 90 then you can't deny he's right - we'd be in big trouble. Our defenders were getting outpaced every time they attacked, midfielders weren't tracking back with their men and, in all honesty, if they had gone three or four nil up we couldn't have complained.

BUT - after that we came into it more, had a couple of chances and the second half was more even.

If you look at all that positively, you'd say that - again - we came back from a goal down and we showed a lot of determination not to fold after their early assault and to come back for the draw - that IS a positive aspect. Yes, it was a lucky break for the goal but we had a bit of bad luck with a few more chances as well.

I've said elsewhere that I don't think we possess the same attacking threat this season as we have done previously. We don't have the pace of Thommo or the skill of Baker that used to have opposition defences on the back foot all the time.

This season we have to work hard all over the field to provide the supply for O'Carroll and, particularly, Howe (who, to my mind, is better than the strikers we had available last season).

It's going to be tough but at least the team is showing the character to work hard and come back from going a goal down.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:16 am

Sky Sports have got Stanners free kick at 50 yards :!:

http://www.skysports.com/football/match ... 49,00.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion