Stanley Backs Tor (terrible pun)

Stanley Backs Tor (terrible pun)

Postby tufcfaninpeace » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:06 am

Greetings fellow seasiders and purveyors of lower league mediocrity!

Now, far be it from me to offer advice on how to run a football club (I get bored after 2 straight defeats on Football Manager), but how in the name of Plainmoor can you afford to let Craig Stanley come to us?

The guy has been absolutely outstanding for us and we are all on bended knees praying for his signature in the summer.

One theory is that you felt so guilty after your boy's amateur dramatics heroics in the penalty area at your gaffe earlier this season that you decided to let us have your best player as compensation??!!

Joking aside, I'm guessing this has more to do with your less than popular manager than Craig Stanley's abilities on the park?

Would be interested to know your thoughts.

Cheers
tufcfaninpeace

Re: Stanley Backs Tor (terrible pun)

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 am

The more discerning fans here already knew that.

Unfortunately our management team don't.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 am

clashes with the manager is the only explanation, for me best player this season yet we let him go on loan!!
thegentlegiant

Postby stevanshrimp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:31 am

thegentlegiant wrote:clashes with the manager is the only explanation, for me best player this season yet we let him go on loan!!

Stanley! Thats another fine mess :oops: :oops: :(
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 am

Read this thread tufcfan for our thoughts on the matter ..... :(

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10366&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=craig+stanley+torquay
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby tufcfaninpeace » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Read this thread tufcfan for our thoughts on the matter ..... :(

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10366&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=craig+stanley+torquay

Thanks Seasider, I'll have a look when I get home. For some reason my work e-mail filter won't allow access, claiming the content contains 'foul, tasteless or abusive language'!!!!!
tufcfaninpeace

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:27 pm

because frankly we lost the plot before Christmas and at the moment deserve to get relegated.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 pm

We sold our best player in the January Window. People on here comented on how selling Duffy was the only option as he could walk away for nothing at the end of the season. Whatever we got for him is potentially peanuts if we did go down. Duffs was the best player and still improving, easily the most creative player in the squad. Despite leaving three months ago he remains our leading playe in terms of assists.
RedRedWine1

Postby Morectalk » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:22 pm

tufcfaninpeace wrote:Greetings fellow seasiders and purveyors of lower league mediocrity!

Now, far be it from me to offer advice on how to run a football club (I get bored after 2 straight defeats on Football Manager), but how in the name of Plainmoor can you afford to let Craig Stanley come to us?

The guy has been absolutely outstanding for us and we are all on bended knees praying for his signature in the summer.

One theory is that you felt so guilty after your boy's amateur dramatics heroics in the penalty area at your gaffe earlier this season that you decided to let us have your best player as compensation??!!

Joking aside, I'm guessing this has more to do with your less than popular manager than Craig Stanley's abilities on the park?

Would be interested to know your thoughts.

Cheers

Can we have him back now please. We are slightly in the shit & could do with a revitalised Stanners back as soon as possible - that or £1M in used notes please !!! :lol: 8-)
Morectalk

Return to General Discussion