The Bees are Buzzing About Saturday

The Bees are Buzzing About Saturday

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Anyone who thinks they will lie down and leave us 3 points at the corner flag is mistaken. We need to take the sting out of their tail :oops:

They will have new confidence after results yesterday. Our odds of the "R" word have been cut from 25/1 to 10/1 :o

"Morecambe and Northampton are also in dire straits with hardly any wins on paper either. We MUST beat Morecambe though to have any chance of surviving."

http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=331
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: The Bees are Buzzing About Saturday

Postby bring out the shrimp » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Its a massive game for them. If we lose this we could well be drawn in to a relegation battle. As of yet i dont think we are. Its no compliment to our team though as there is some utter dross in this league.
bring out the shrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:53 pm

We are definitely already in a relegation battle, don't think anything otherwise.

Barnet and Stockport are both trying to, first and foremost, catch US! That puts us in the fight and we need to start throwing some punches!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:22 pm

bring out the shrimp wrote:Its a massive game for them. If we lose this we could well be drawn in to a relegation battle. As of yet i dont think we are. Its no compliment to our team though as there is some utter dross in this league.

We've been in a relegation battle for weeks, we are well and truly in one now! Barnet are looking at us as the best chance for them to catch someone. They don't care who they pass. I'll not be too unhappy with a draw next Saturday. Lose and we are in REAL problems. If Jimbo is fit, get him on the pitch so at least we will have a fire in the belly.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:28 pm

We need Ockers to post something positive along the lines of "10 wins from our last 10 matches and we have 70 points and a play-off place" :shock: :shock: :shock:
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:18 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Anyone who thinks they will lie down and leave us 3 points at the corner flag is mistaken. We need to take the sting out of their tail :oops:

They will have new confidence after results yesterday. Our odds of the "R" word have been cut from 25/1 to 10/1 :o

"Morecambe and Northampton are also in dire straits with hardly any wins on paper either. We MUST beat Morecambe though to have any chance of surviving."

http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=331

Good point about Northampton they have lost their last four games and drawn the previous six and their remaining fixtures are A Bradford, H Torquay, A Accy, A Burton, H Bury, A Wycombe, H Rotherham, A Stockport, H Stevenage and last day of the season they have to play us at the Globe. Lets hope by then we are safe.
steve mfc

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:03 pm

It's a vital game for both sides but we know that were better than them and if we play like we know we can we will win.
heysham_mfc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:19 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:It's a vital game for both sides but we know that were better than them and if we play like we know we can we will win.

Don't count your chickens matey! I fear that Izale McLeod might just have the last say on this one, IF we can keep him quiet we might just come away with something but if not it's going to be a very long afternoon for both the players and especially our glorious leader :?
HALMA 1983

Postby MfcChris » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:24 pm

"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby George Dawes » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:52 pm

i would be happy with a point with this one

although i would like to see Shuker in for Hunter in the right midfield slot and have a real go at Barnet and go for all 3points
George Dawes

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:29 am

Why don't we play to our strengths? It really hacks me off.
We are better attacking than trying to hang on to a lead.
We are better when we play it to feet, instead of hoof hoof high ball garbage!!!
Definitely recall Craig Stanley if only for the passion that he shows,as well as his corners and free kicks!
Our remaining away fixtures look tough on paper, so I think we need to win three of the remaining home games at the curse that is the Globe Arena!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby stevanshrimp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 am

There is no curse at the Globe Arena :!:
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Northampton are in the same predicament:

"Time to get serious about relegation battle
The next six days in the season of Northampton Town Football Club are the biggest of the season, perhaps the biggest in many a year. The fact that we don’t play a Tuesday night fixture heightens the importance. There’s no cramped period between games, a full week to plan for one massive game and a proper week long build up for Gary Johnson to get his men in the correct mind frame and to wipe away any doubt.

Anyone thinking that this season is a write off is sadly wrong. No, we won’t make the playoffs but what we are involved in is a relegation battle, make no bones about it. Johnson has said that this fact “won’t be swept under the carpet” and that’s an understatement. It’s not something that we can laugh off as something that will never happen with the players we have, it’s not something we’re too big for, it’s a genuine threat that could ruin us.

With the wages surely high for even this division for the likes of Shaun Harrad and Johnson himself, relegation would be an utter disaster and something that the players need to wake up to, particularly with so many of them out of contract in the summer.

Assuming that both Hereford and Burton make good use of their games in hand, that leaves us looking in even more trouble. This weekend, Barnet host Morecambe and something has to give there but you wouldn’t put it past home advantage working for Barnet in that one, especially against relegation rivals. We then still have to go to Burton, Stockport and Morecambe scrambling for the points needed to survive.

What the Cobblers need to do is ensure they prepare, mentally and physically, for their own game at Valley Parade on Saturday. A day out of team bonding or something similar wouldn’t go amiss in my opinion to get them away from the daily grind, not as a reward but as an exercise in rebuilding the spirit that saw us beat Liverpool a few days before our last meeting with the Bantams.

Whatever happens this week it will go a long way to deciding how far towards the edge of our seats we are come the final day of the season at Morecambe. I’d take mid table obscurity over this any day! "

http://aloadofcobblers.blogspot.com/201 ... ation.html
marky No.1

Postby beesbeesbees » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:55 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:It's a vital game for both sides but we know that were better than them and if we play like we know we can we will win.

How do you know that? You've only got 6 points more, can't be that good! We've been awful at times this season (obviously), no thanks Mark Stimson, but things are slowly looking up since Fairclough took charge. We are creating enough chances now to beat anyone (with Izzie putting them away, shame he's our only decent fit striker and it will most likely be 4-4-1-1 again!), were very unlucky not to beat Wycombe the other week. Weirdly though, we're doing better away than at home lately. I think we'll give you a good game, would not like to predict the outcome, but it's a must win for us whilst you could probably draw it.
beesbeesbees

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:36 pm

beesbeesbees wrote:

How do you know that? You've only got 6 points more, can't be that good! We've been awful at times this season (obviously), no thanks Mark Stimson, but things are slowly looking up since Fairclough took charge. We are creating enough chances now to beat anyone (with Izzie putting them away, shame he's our only decent fit striker and it will most likely be 4-4-1-1 again!), were very unlucky not to beat Wycombe the other week. Weirdly though, we're doing better away than at home lately. I think we'll give you a good game, would not like to predict the outcome, but it's a must win for us whilst you could probably draw it.

All I'm saying is that if we play to our full potential we have more than enough to beat you and thats not being disrespectful. Not counting last Saturday our last 3 performances have been quide good agaist top of the table sides.
heysham_mfc

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:38 pm

Agree, that's what is so frustrating. We are more than competent to beat anyone in this league,it's the inconsistency which is alarming!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:44 pm

beesbeesbees wrote:

I think you will get out of trouble there is always a team at the bottom who puts a run together and performs the great escape and I can see you doing it.

Meanwhile there is always one team that go into freefall at the end of the season and that is looking more and more like us.

I wouldn't be suprised if Barnet win on Sat
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Freefall??? That's not us....we've been f...not very good all season as our 10 victories testify.

Anyway part-timer, read CC's post in his own thread. We are putting on a UNITED (caps for extra effect) front. Get down to Barnet on the free bus and cheer the shrimps on no matter what. The post-mortem can take place at the end of the season, but for now enjoy the ride. Fans Club of Morecambe protest group have had their fun in holding people to account, forming a steering committee to collate a database and letting the actual hardy bunch of supporters down by not rocking up to organised transport, so now is the time to get right behind the club.

You love Craig Stanley? You dislike the management? You think that we need a long-term plan? You have a personalised number-plate? It matters not, none of us on here are decison makers at the club, excpet possibly Rod_Taylor (reveal yourself!!!). What we have at the moment is what will see us to the end of the season be that good or bad. All we can do is to get behind the sides efforts in the hope that we will still be a league side come May. Everything else is wasted time and energy better spent supporting the club.
RedRedWine1

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:38 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Rod_Taylor (reveal yourself!!!)

I am here, this has always been my username. :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby outsider » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Fans Club of Morecambe protest group have had their fun in holding people to account, forming a steering committee to collate a database and letting the actual hardy bunch of supporters down by not rocking up to organised transport,

Only 1 didn't turn up Others on the Committee have been to lots and lots of away games this season!!!!!!!!!!! And driven minibusses both Official and unofficial :twisted:

4au1
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:34 pm

I am only joking Outsider. I actually think that the supporters club is a good idea, it's just nothing seems to ba happening other than somebody else writing a third-hand match report on another website that feeds of this forum. Will you be scarf twirling at Barnet-on-Thames?
RedRedWine1

Postby outsider » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:38 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I am only joking Outsider. I actually think that the supporters club is a good idea, it's just nothing seems to ba happening other than somebody else writing a third-hand match report on another website that feeds of this forum. Will you be scarf twirling at Barnet-on-Thames?

You were in the bar on Saturday, did you see the wall? Pool table? these were idea's put forward via the Fans Club of Morecambe, Quiz night there tonight another one. Things are being done but Rome wasn't built in a day, :roll:

Hopefully many times :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:13 pm

They are expecting the Alamo :lol:

"Has anyone been over to the shrimps messageboard? They are planning big things, not to mention the 300 fans coming by coach alone. I hope we have something to counter."
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion