What a joke

Re: What a joke

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Spare a thought for Shrewsbury who loaned out Jake Robinson to Torquay and while he was journeying around with Stanners, promptly scored two goals against his parent Club yesterday. Now that must be a joke!
Thrashed 'em 5.0 in the end. Stanners could well be in the Play Offs again
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Shrimp Ram » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Ok, I'll give you Chris McCready, but apart from him none of the others are showing any fight, and we are in a fight to avoid the drop, We need someone (ie:- like Stanley returning from torquay please) back in the squad to show some determination.

We are in a mess, And i would be gutted if results go against us and we fall into the BSP, Burton have games in hand so looking at the points available to them we would be 3rd bottom.

This is a very scary position to be in, Lose at Barnet and i really fear for us !.

The new Globe Arena in the BSP ??? I hope not, Our stadium should have football league not BSP league.
Not everything's Black and White but it help's - COYR !!!!!!
Shrimp Ram

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:13 pm

I agree with Morecambe Jack. If you asked every Morecambe fan to pen their starting line-up on a piece of paper from the players available it wouldn't have been too much different if at all from the side that Sammy put out yesterday. I blame the players for yesterday's poor display. They have perhaps the easiest 'job' in the world and a number of them are extremely well paid for league two players. The performance yesterday from all but a couple was a non-starter.

We've seen at times that the squad does have quality within it and we've generally competed in every game. Are we just too inconsistent....or is the squad a lot poorer than the 'best squad we've ever had' that they have been billed to be? On paper we have a good squad, but still can't afford the number of passengers that pulled on the blue shirt (don't ever do that again, it was like watching dollies and we played like 'em) yesterday. Whilst some of the players that departed weren't perhaps the most talented, give me a Wayne Curtis giving 110% any day of the week over some of the spineless, pathetic, performances yesterday.
RedRedWine1

Postby Shrimp Ram » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:24 pm

TBH i think we've been punching above our weight over the last couple of seasons and maybe it's catching up with us.

I really hope we don't go down :( That would be a fall to the canvass that we would feel for years to come.

I'll be at Barnet to shout us on.
It'll be a long journey home should things go off the rails :oops:

And for those of you old enough to remember this result - I stood in the pouring rain (mad eh!, no north stand in those days though) and watched the Shrimps lose 1-0 at home to South Liverpool - Attendance 101,

So yes, I've seen the "dark days"! Just don't want them back.
Not everything's Black and White but it help's - COYR !!!!!!
Shrimp Ram

Previous

Return to General Discussion