What a joke

What a joke

Postby Sammy h » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Not just the referee, but probably the worst man of the match decision ever! Parrish was the worst player on the pitch!
Sammy h

Re: What a joke

Postby Wigan Shrimp » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Sammy h wrote:Not just the referee, but probably the worst man of the match decision ever! Parrish was the worst player on the pitch!

Nonsense - Parrish, as usual, was the best of a very bad bunch. I hate to think where we'd be without him!
Wigan Shrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Take it, its no longer stu drumond birthday?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:29 pm

only six points and eight points clear of relegation,very very worrying time .... defeat next week at barnet and i think we will be playing bsp football next season (i cant actually believe we have managed to win ten games)
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Sammy h wrote:Not just the referee, but probably the worst man of the match decision ever! Parrish was the worst player on the pitch!

We should've had about 4 penalties and that one when Gary Hunter got cropped, stonewall! Wouldn't say Parrish was the worst player on the pitch but he was still not that good. Thought Danny Carlton should've won it by miles.
Little Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm absolutley fuming.

Does anyone know if you can put a formal complaint into the FA about the officials? I'm convinced some fee had been payed before the match, something was definetly going on.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:40 pm

Easy to blame the ref, He wasn't great but then again we didn't exactly play well today. The only people to blame for the display today was unfortunately the players. The only positive I can see if Anyon's confidence will be raised a little after a number of good saves by him.
Spicy Shrimp

Postby Loglayer » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Absolute PANTS, we have been needing a striker all season and still need a striker. We never looked like scoring, also we are losing 1-0 and our manager in his wisdom takes off a striker and brings a midfielder on. Absolute Big pants. If we lose at Barnet then it will be conference football next season.. :(
Loglayer

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:03 pm

4th from top to 4th from bottom is just terrible (and maybe 3rd from bottom soon).

I think we are just closing out this season and then we prepare for big changes including the management.

11 penalties and counting. How many has Parrish given away?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Morectalk » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Take Burton with their 5 games in hand out of the equation & the Barnet game is a massive six pointer.
Morectalk

Postby bigredone68 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:21 pm

Tactically clueless. For 80 mins we get over run in midfield and then for the last ten minutes we play with one up front. Maybe its to late but we could do with someone who could create something from midfield, I hope im wrong but i have a bad feeling about the rest of the season. Attack best form of defence.
bigredone68

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:55 pm

high balls ,hopful punts against a very tall back line were a waste of time, as was the woeful effort from the home end as a so called 12th man, last home game was magnificent, today was absolutely total sh11t3, embarrassing small town crap.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Now_Then » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Is it fair to expect the fans to pay hard earned and much needed cash on a team that knows its more than likely going to be safe through the misfortune of two other clubs? Isnt this cheating the fans? Theres no passion, nobody really giving 110% to turn it round. It just seems too comfortable and relaxed.

Neil Wainwright by all acounts is a top bloke and a decent player but doesnt he have the best job in the world? Trains a few hours a week, has a nice warm up, takes a few shots at the ressie keeper and then takes his seat on the bench. I bet he isnt on the minimum wage either. Wouldnt young hendrie be a better option for the bench? A speed merchant who is playing for a pro career and a future at a league club.

I love Morecambe Football club and ive seen darker days than this but ive always seen passion. Ive always known that the lads are achieving and trying to progress whether it be getting out of the unibond, establishing in the conferene and then making serious pushes at reaching league football! All i see now are players on their last contract, holding on to league football by their finger nails and not caring what the shirt they get paid handsomely for wearing means to a few northeners from a ghost town sea side resort who arent sure if they will have jobs tomorrow, next month or at xmas!

What i would give for a Grimmy, a paul burns. a thommo and a big jim to be wearing that shirt! It mattered to them lads and many others that i didnt mention.
Now_Then

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Bollocks. I'll admit, when it came to the MotM announcement, I wasn't sure who I would choose (probably Gary Hunter or Joe Anyon) but I didn't have a problem with it being Parrish. Considering we didn't have a shot on target during the whole game, we would never have been in front. When did you last see an open goal after forty seconds... and it get missed by a mile?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:22 pm

Keith wrote:

Bollocks. I'll admit, when it came to the MotM announcement, I wasn't sure who I would choose (probably Gary Hunter or Joe Anyon) but I didn't have a problem with it being Parrish. Considering we didn't have a shot on target during the whole game, we would never have been in front. When did you last see an open goal after forty seconds... and it get missed by a mile?

Does the Drummond header not count as a shot on goal? Sick of people defending Parrish all the time, yes he is a good player, but can people not admit when he has had a crap game?

McCready or Hurst motm for me. Parrish was crap. Get over it.
Sammy h

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:49 pm

McCready man of the match for me. superb at the it makes you wonder about Sammy's sanity after leaving him out recently.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby james456 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Agree that McCready was good today.

I'm not convinced that he's technically much better than Dave Artell but you can tell he's a passionate player - more than can be said for some others.
james456

Postby Sammy h » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:McCready man of the match for me. superb at the it makes you wonder about Sammy's sanity after leaving him out recently.

I'm with you on the above and the Stanley situation Heysham.

Bring back Craig Stanley, he can stop the relegation party!
Sammy h

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Agreed, McCready was my man of the match also. He has been solid since he came back into the side. I really like his attitude, it would have been easy for him to sulk about being left out given that he is the senior professional within our defensive unit. When he was on the bench he was warming up throughout the game, despite knowing that but for injury he was unlikely to feature.
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:21 am

Sammy h wrote:Sick of people defending Parrish all the time, yes he is a good player, but can people not admit when he has had a crap game?

I didn't say he'd had a 'good' game. I don't think anyone was a clear MotM. I'd have equally had no problem with McCready getting it. It had to be a defender though, even though the goal looked soft (again). I've certainly seen MotM awards in the past where I wondered if the sponsors were at the same game, yesterday, in my opinion, didn't fit that scenario.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:01 am

Sammy h wrote:
Keith wrote:

Does the Drummond header not count as a shot on goal? Sick of people defending Parrish all the time, yes he is a good player, but can people not admit when he has had a crap game?

Thankyou! :roll:
Little Shrimp

Postby Shrimp Ram » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:01 am

It's about time the board grew some and sack sammy ! He's filled this very large squad full of journeymen, they just want to kick a ball about, no love of Morecambe fc,

Sammy taking off a striker and putting on a midfielder shows he's lost the plot !!

Bradford were there for the taking but the team didn't turn up, we can rant all day about the ref but, where was the fight ??? This is BSP football at best and should we go down (which is on the cards) we would be down there for years !!!

We need new leadership and we need it now ! :x
Not everything's Black and White but it help's - COYR !!!!!!
Shrimp Ram

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:15 am

Arguably one of the biggest journey men in our squad was probably our best outfield player yesterday: Chris McCready. And Sammy moved Hurst to a forward position when he brought on Brown.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Shrimp Ram » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:24 am

So 1 Journyman does a job, wheeeeeeeee !!! This is a team and it's management is void of idea's, we can't point to what Sammy has done in the past, it's the now that count's !

If this squad manage to stave off the drop, we'll go down next year with this lot, A very scary thought !!
Lose at Barnet and ????????????, Think about it, would you all still want to support this kind of management ?

Great new stadium, fit for the BSP ???? I hope not :x
Not everything's Black and White but it help's - COYR !!!!!!
Shrimp Ram

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:53 am

I blame the players more than Sammy, though I don't think he is faultless. Nobody would have put out a different team yesterday after the past 3 good performances and 8/9 of the starting 11 were diaboloical - what can Sammy do about that? Its the players inconsistency that has troubled us this year and that is not just from these journeymen. Drummond has been consistantly inconsistant and younger players like Fleming, Parrish and Wilson were all poor yesterday: they are just as much to blame as the "journeymen".

It doesn't matter if a player has had one previous club or a hundred, so long as he is committed to playing football for the club and is professional in doing so (Chris McCready as an example). If there are players that are not doing that in your opinion, name and shame them because they don't deserve to be in the game never mind at our club.
Morecambe Jack

Next

Return to General Discussion