Can anyone answer this?

Can anyone answer this?

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Why did McCready have to go off for treatment and be let back on after a blatent elbow in the face that should have seen red.
But when their two players tangled, the physios came on and sorted it out. Why did they not have to go off the pitch and be let back on? Isnt that standard?

I really can't understand any of the refs decsions today..
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Re: Can anyone answer this?

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:57 pm

I think theres only one person who can answer this and Sammy was last seen asking him this and a number of other questions too.

I've never seen Sammy so mad at the end of a game and I can fully understand why. Its easy to criticise officials but this guy today was really shocking. Some truly wrong decision making.
SimplyRed MFC

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Maybe it was because the fouled themselves who knows. The officials have been bad for a lot of home games this season, but we certainly can not blame them for why we have only won 5 home games and are so close to getting relegated. You deserve to finish where you finish.

McCready MOTM.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:15 pm

there are lots of questions we would like to ask him
http://refworld.com/referee/153/1/nigel-miller

Also did the Lincoln home game which we lost :cry:
Shrimpman

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:18 pm

MfcChris wrote:Maybe it was because the fouled themselves who knows. The officials have been bad for a lot of home games this season, but we certainly can not blame them for why we have only won 5 home games and are so close to getting relegated. You deserve to finish where you finish.

McCready MOTM.

Normally i would agree, but my god. Everytime we looked to get through we were offside when half the time we werent or a stupid foul had been pulled back. I have to blame them today. Definetley.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Shrimpman wrote:there are lots of questions we would like to ask him
http://refworld.com/referee/153/1/nigel-miller

Also did the Lincoln home game which we lost :cry:

Looking at them stats he started the season Aug/Sep/Oct doing Championship games, and a few league one and now league 2. Conference next :lol:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby forkyphil » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:36 pm

i thought it was because it was an accident and the idea of leaving the field was to stamp out pretend injuries to waste time
although they managed to waste loads of time anyway

the ref even forgot to have the penalty re-taken
that would have been the icing on the cake

should be given a three game ban for that performance

onward and upward
we just need to shoot on sight not keep passing it on the edge of the area,
although the couple of shots we did have were woeful
forkyphil

Postby Vinny » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:57 pm

What was with the 'Everton kit' at home?! I guess it must have been the Ref that asked for a change to blue shirts. Why? Did he think it some kind of clash between yellow and red? If so, the Ref influenced the psychology of the game even before it started! Must be colour blind. Man U played Arsenal in yellow. How many fouls and how much time-wasting did he ignore?
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby outsider » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Vinny wrote:What was with the 'Everton kit' at home?! I guess it must have been the Ref that asked for a change to blue shirts. Why? Did he think it some kind of clash between yellow and red? If so, the Ref influenced the psychology of the game even before it started! Must be colour blind. Man U played Arsenal in yellow. How many fouls and how much time-wasting did he ignore?

Marie Curie cancer charity.

the club asked if we could play in it as its there colours
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:03 pm

I like the blue kit, but we are reds at home, did not get the blue idea today, it was plain wrong.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby harrys dad » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Why did McCready have to go off for treatment and be let back on after a blatent elbow in the face that should have seen red.
But when their two players tangled, the physios came on and sorted it out. Why did they not have to go off the pitch and be let back on? Isnt that standard?

I really can't understand any of the refs decsions today..

McCready had to go off because he was bleeding and also had to change his shirt, the other two stayed on because they were head injuries.
harrys dad

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:40 pm

harrys dad wrote:...the other two stayed on because they were head injuries.

eh? Seriously, I'm not saying you are wrong, just I wasn't aware that head injuries are exempt? I thought it was 'requires treatment on the field of play'

How about the keeper bouncing the ball in front of Jevons? I thought that was an offence?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:46 pm

At the start of the season a new rule came in were if 2 players on the same team went down injured, they do not have to leave the pitch.

I went to a football forum were John Coleman said it's a crazy rule and he would be telling his players to go down.
halftimeresults

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Keith wrote:
harrys dad wrote:...the other two stayed on because they were head injuries.

eh? Seriously, I'm not saying you are wrong, just I wasn't aware that head injuries are exempt? I thought it was 'requires treatment on the field of play'

How about the keeper bouncing the ball in front of Jevons? I thought that was an offence?

halftimeresults wrote:At the start of the season a new rule came in were if 2 players on the same team went down injured, they do not have to leave the pitch.

I went to a football forum were John Coleman said it's a crazy rule and he would be telling his players to go down.

See? Bloody good ref!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion