Calamity Joe Anyon

Re: Calamity Joe Anyon

Postby Christies Child » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:16 pm

How many of you have actually seen Walker play? I suspect very few. His distribution is shocking. Last night at Kendal, Bury's first goal was a speculative strike that he failed to hold. Sounds familiar!

How many games did loanee goalkeepers play when we had Scott with us, and this was somebody who had proved himself at Wembley? Was there calls for him to play instead of the loanees?

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Posh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Christies Child wrote:How many of you have actually seen Walker play? I suspect very few. His distribution is shocking. Last night at Kendal, Bury's first goal was a speculative strike that he failed to hold. Sounds familiar!

How many games did loanee goalkeepers play when we had Scott with us, and this was somebody who had proved himself at Wembley? Was there calls for him to play instead of the loanees?

Incredible as it may sound I wanted Scott Davies to play or be replaced. For a young keeper it's difficult to sit on the bench week in, week out. He's been an ever present at Fleetwood Town and is proving himself now.

Irrespective I still think Lawrie deserved a chance. We should expect that our manager hires good replacements in his squad. If Lawrie subsequently didn't perform then at least we'd know. If he isn't good enough as you make out then we've got to wonder why we're paying another wage to someone who is not up to the grade. That is if your view is correct. At least Lawrie was in a winning team versus Bury last night.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:52 pm

You can say that again Posh.

CC just can't get 3n0u9h!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby stevanshrimp » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Posh wrote:
Christies Child wrote:How many of you have actually seen Walker play? I suspect very few. His distribution is shocking. Last night at Kendal, Bury's first goal was a speculative strike that he failed to hold. Sounds familiar!

Incredible as it may sound I wanted Scott Davies to play or be replaced. For a young keeper it's difficult to sit on the bench week in, week out. He's been an ever present at Fleetwood Town and is proving himself now.

Irrespective I still think Lawrie deserved a chance. We should expect that our manager hires good replacements in his squad. If Lawrie subsequently didn't perform then at least we'd know. If he isn't good enough as you make out then we've got to wonder why we're paying another wage to someone who is not up to the grade. That is if your view is correct. At least Lawrie was in a winning team versus Bury last night.

Maybe Sammy agrees with CC :? and is looking toward the future.
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby marky » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:43 pm

To be honest, it took us quite a long time to find a replacement for Davies and I always got the feeling Walker was something of a 'he'll do' signing. He should still have played on Tuesday, mind.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Previous

Return to General Discussion